A Harold And Maude Moment On Britain’s Got Talent

OK this is actually one of those inspirational clips with Paddy a 79 year old lady who dances with Nico who is about half her age. Paddy is quick to say it is a purely professional relationship, but there is one lift that veers into Harold and Maude territory!

What looks like it is going to be a joke audition but quickly turns into this is frigging amazing.

Also I want Paddy’s legs.

Don’t expect moments like this on Australia’s Got Talent as the show has been axed.

1 2ndhand { 04.16.14 at 2:13 pm }

Truly amazing. No point in my saying i want to be like her at her age – I want to be like her NOW!!! Hope they do win.

2 Rosie { 04.16.14 at 4:23 pm }

Wow! I think this is even more amazing than SuBo! Can’t see them winning, but it would be wonderful if they did.

3 Ali { 04.16.14 at 5:44 pm }

What an inspiration! As per RR’s previous question, with our rapidly ageing population, it I would be a nod to wisdom and experience if MasterChef could cast a 95 year old.

After Gary excitedly fires the metaphorical starting pistol, “Your 60 minutes starts … NOW!” contestants scamper in record time to the pantry.

To the incredulous commentary of The Three Wise Monkeys hosts, the nonagenarian toddles back half an hour later, his mobility aid laden with ingredients (a production assistant having found him wandering lost among the produce).

However, his superior culinary skills (ie he can boil an egg) ensures he makes the finals despite developing dementia during the season’s shooting, which results in him attempting to wash his genitalia in the sous vide bath (the “hot dog” challenge) and consuming his own creation before it can be judged.

George: Where’s your dish?
Ninety-five year old: I got hungry – so I ate it.

Producers, feel free to use any of these ideas when scripting.

4 daisy-where is Carol(without) { 04.16.14 at 5:51 pm }

OMG, that was so funny, and good. I creamed like a galah laughing.
Carol, don’t watch this at work.
Nor you Sandii.

5 daisy { 04.16.14 at 6:03 pm }

And yeah, she was bloody good for any age. Thanks for showing us that Emma. Pure delight.

Oh and I ‘screamed’ like a galah.

6 abc { 04.16.14 at 8:29 pm }

Oh Ali!!! you are my new love!!!! :)

7 daisy { 04.16.14 at 8:45 pm }

Ali, if it was my old granny and granpa they may have wanted to rest their dentures on the side of the kitchen bench while they prepped.
Good pastry trimmers though.

8 Littlepetal { 04.16.14 at 10:13 pm }

You are so funny, daisy. LOL!!!

Also the 95 years old will need more break, toilet break! Imagine cooking halfway and asked George to keep an eye on the cooking so he/she can go to the loo or maybe portaloo!!! If the loo is too far away.

Thanks for the brilliant idea, Ali.

Seniors Masterchef. Must be 70 and over. This will revive C10.

9 brain dead dave { 04.16.14 at 11:12 pm }

Using a colostomy bag to cook salmon in. That’ll shake the room.

10 daisy { 04.17.14 at 1:41 am }

Love it BDD.
Litlepetal, that dancing granny will be you at 90.
Me too if I didn’t need to go easy on my right foot now. I would love to try the move where Nico throws me in the air and ends up with my crotch in his face.

Back to the cooking, the oldies need dinner by 4.00 pm so they would never survive the wait at instant kitchen.

11 Sandii { 04.17.14 at 9:19 am }

Yea daisy they do like to eat early. Life revolves around meals and pills. Bless them. My parents could give any master chef a run for their money. None of this pretentious undercooked food, but delicious home grown, and lovingly cooked.

12 Sandii { 04.17.14 at 9:28 am }

Just watched the clip… Fabulous!

13 Georgietake2 { 04.17.14 at 10:31 am }

I have shared this clip with everyone I work with, I love it. How sad that ugly minded people like Simon Cowell prejudge others and their abilities. I bet Simon couldn’t even master the basic footwork, but his arrogant smug face was just so off putting. The look both dancers give him when he presses the button is priceless. Why does every contestant on “reality” TV have to be youngish and prettyish – you know what I mean – when BB went to channel 9 they said they were going to mix up the contestants. All we got were the same opinionated, brain dead, 20 & Early 30 year olds. Imagine someone like Paddy in the BB house, she would kick their emo butts.

14 daisy { 04.17.14 at 10:47 am }

The couple obviously wanted Simon to press his buzzer. That’s why they started dull and then gave him the we’ll show you look.

I was thinking that Simon was even told to yawn and press early for effect. It added to the entertainment.

15 2ndhand { 04.17.14 at 11:15 am }

While I loved the clip and have tremendous admiration for them (esp. Paddy) I did read that they have already won a Spanish TV talent contest – so the judges would have known that and yes, Simon was probably cued for his reactions!! Takes away a bit from the moment, but doesn’t decry their performance

16 Gidgitvonlarue { 04.17.14 at 11:34 am }

Colonel and I love this show and that old bird was amazing. She’s nearly 80 and fitter and more flexible than I have EVER been!

17 daisy { 04.17.14 at 11:53 am }

GVL, I will send you a photo of me with both legs slung around my neck. You might have occasion to use it on your next Survivor thread.
If they made it an immunity challenge that necklace would be mine.

18 daisy { 04.17.14 at 11:55 am }

BTW, it’s a talent but not that pretty in your late 50s.