Has The Real Housewives Of Melbourne Claimed One Marriage Already?

lydia schiavello

Apparently there are ructions in glamorous Lydia Schiavello’s marriage following her role on The Real Housewives of Melbourne.

The Daily Telegraph is saying Schiavello’s architect husband Andrew Norbury hasn’t been happy with the way his partner has behaved on the very popular reality show.

Also parading in a sheer outfit in front of her stepson and asking what he thought would not have helped matters.

The paper says they are currently still together:

While Foxtel would not comment on the relationship, sources close to the couple say they’ve been going through a “rough patch” but are said to be getting things back on track.

“It’s been tough for them,” a well-placed source said.

Schiavello, 45, is a mother of three and design student who is known for her excessive love of fine things, including flying by helicopter to buy cheese in one episode.

All of the Housewives are having difficulty with the backlash they are getting on social media. Interesting as I asked them all about this when I met them at a function prior to the airing of the series. They all said they would ignore it. Except for Janet King who does not use the medium.

Obviously they were not expecting the tsunami of reaction that they received.

Lydia posted on her Facebook page:

“As a mother, wife, friend, housewife and lover of life, I am taking a step back from the negative and turbulent aspects of social media.

“Recently, the outcry on social media has portrayed every housewife in a way that is not always flattering.

It is surprising they were caught so off guard by all this considering they must have guessed they were not all going to be edited to look angelic if they had watched the overseas franchises of the show.

1 Culinary Boner { 04.17.14 at 9:58 am }

So the ‘nasty’ social media is to blame, not the fact that these slappers appeared in a contrived reality TV show that made them *shock, horror* look like the self-obsessed skanks that they are?

I guess the next thing people will be telling me is that ICAC is to blame for the NSW Premier having to resign rather than his shot-to-pieces credibility as a result of either his ethics, piss-poor political judgement or (his preferred position) having a memory that’s the equivalent of an old duffer with oldtimers disease. You choose which option best fits.

2 Duane { 04.17.14 at 10:02 am }

Lydia boasted in an episode that she didn’t have a pre-nup so whatever happens, she’ll be ok. I also heard that her current husband was her former husband’s best friend? Lydia does come across as particularly awful on the show, as does Andrea, but according to them they will be vindicated at the reunion where Gina will be revealed as The Devil. Lydia’s behaviour on social media is pretty bad too – she has no idea.

3 Renee { 04.17.14 at 10:50 am }

Don’t see how Gina could end up as The Devil, love her and Chyka. The other girls have behaved appallingly. I find Lydia extremely annoying. Her constant brags about how much money she has/the trying to come across as girlish when she’s a 45 yr old woman/the acting dumb (although she really does appear to lack brain matter)/the constant try hard sexual innuendo etc.

4 Gidgitvonlarue { 04.17.14 at 11:09 am }

If they don’t like the social media reaction it’s easy to fix – quit the show or start behaving like grown women with class. Doubt any of them are able to do that last suggestion so they should just quit the show. I mean, it’s not like any of them need the money it seems!

5 anette { 04.17.14 at 11:13 am }

interesting, i have always wondered who Lydias first husband was?

6 Georgie { 04.17.14 at 11:23 am }

“Please join me in an effort to halt all negative, subversive and hurtful commentary.” How arrogant Lydia – from real housewife to wannabe dictator.

Under your regime, only positive, obedient and uplifting commentary would be permitted then? So why not go and live in North Korea, where your ideal is already being practised?

7 Duane { 04.17.14 at 1:06 pm }

@anette – I read that Lydia’s first husband was the son of Tony Schiavello. Apparently, some people are upset she is still using the Schiavello name.

8 anette { 04.17.14 at 2:31 pm }

@duane thanks for that, i was wondering for a long time, it seems strange that she’s still using the name, i just assumed she was born into the family!

9 Gabby { 04.17.14 at 8:21 pm }

Lydia is a pain in the backside but I am surprised no one has mentioned Janet, who in case you don’t know happens to be married to a world famous rock star!
I cannot stand how she keeps going on about how much money they have and how much everything costs. One particular scene where she ordered the most expensive bottle of champagne and proceeded to tell the waitress, “Thats how much I spend on a pair of Manolo shoes” the waitress looked at her as if she was from another planet.
Her and Ben are two crazies.
It was almost obscene the way Lydia talked to her stepson.
That’s weird about her surname. Who are the Shiavello’s, some famous family she still wants to be linked to?
Andrea is a flip if she thinks her book on being the perfect mother will be a best seller. How to organise five nannies!
These people in live in another Universe, they have no idea what is going on in the real world.
They mostly all deserve all they have received from social media.

10 Tilly { 04.18.14 at 7:23 am }

@Gabby – Janet is the older blonde woman; Jackie is the one married to the “world famous rock star”

11 Gabby { 04.18.14 at 8:17 am }

Tilly, thank you. They get me so flustered in my annoyance of them but I keep watching.
Every week I say I won’t watch this any more but I find myself tuning in again. Sad isn’t it?

12 ann { 04.19.14 at 11:49 am }

Lydia is just “two brain cells & a vag” and desperately wants a career, but should stick to current job – look at how well it pays!

13 kess { 04.19.14 at 2:13 pm }

RR – Do you want us to blog for you about this show?
It is the most fun on TV right now and clearly you are not watching – otherwise you would know this is the 3rd relationship down the drain now.
2 never even made it to screen – both Janet & Gina ditched their partners before we got a look at them. Clearly not up for the TV experience or too ugly for our screens.
Lydia is an airhead, she and Janet the eternal little girl (ick, ick, ick – very bad look at 60 or whatever) are the biggest trouble makers, and seem to be pretty good at bitchin, gossiping and shifting the blame.

Andrea is cheap, vulgar, crude – trying to pose and preen into a society madame, but she is a tacky botox saleswoman.

Love the property developer tags they give themselves – that is code for, I made a mint from my first divorce, I got the house and plenty more…
Gina and Chyka are the only ones with real jobs, and the only 2 in touch with reality, interesting women.
I want to see Gina’s sisters, will they pop up?

Also want to see other people react at functions – how the camera avoids them, well clearly nobody in Melbourne who is really anybody wants a bar of this, boo hoo.

Oh and Jackie – is Kylie Mole grown up, bogan princess, harmless and tasteless.

14 hungryhippo { 04.19.14 at 3:47 pm }

Oh RR please please get kess to do melbourne housewives recap. That show is so bad its good. Pleeese

15 Reality Raver { 04.19.14 at 9:12 pm }

Kess – more then happy for you to recap Housewives. I struggle with the recaps that I do. The more on here the more for people to discuss.

16 Anonymous { 04.20.14 at 9:43 pm }

Dear Kess, you’re brilliant, couldn’t have said it better myself!

17 daisy { 04.20.14 at 11:28 pm }

Kess, you make this sound so good. What station is it on? I might have to watch, esp as MKR is flagging.

18 Joanne { 04.21.14 at 8:17 am }

Love Chyka an Gina both hard working women. Lydia is disgusting brain dead flying off with the daisies the comment to her stepson who crosses that line. Janet 60 year old trying too hard to turn back the age click. Janet causes most of the bitchiness backstabbing on the show. Andrea how stupid she looks selling a how to book she has no idea, please stop with the dresses above your knees not classy at all your too old. Andrea and Lydia why are you so jealous of Gina she is an educated woman.

19 Gabby { 04.21.14 at 8:50 am }

If Kess is willing to do recaps and RR doesn’t mind I am all for it.
Thanks for the offer Kess.
This is one of those shows that hungryhippo@14 said “is so bad it’s good”

Bring it on Kess!

20 joe { 04.21.14 at 11:41 am }

i thought rich women were all class, now having seen this show, they’re worse than the worst skanks. i have a chance, i bet they suck really well, like a vacuum.

21 Cyndi { 04.21.14 at 2:19 pm }

You must be stupid Andrea a if you think people are going to buy your parenting book your not. A parent a PARENT IS THERE FOR THEIR. CHILDREN THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO GIVE YOUR CHILDREN IN LIFE IS YOUR TIME ……SO YOU CAN LOOK AT THEM, LOVE THEM AND LISTEN TO THEM

22 Charlie { 04.21.14 at 2:45 pm }

This show is living proof that money does not by class . Education and hard work does . Gina and chyka you leave the rest of the girls for dead . You are both to be applauded .

23 Charlie { 04.21.14 at 2:50 pm }

Lydia is in desperate need of a stylist !!!

24 Ann { 04.21.14 at 3:08 pm }

While I don’t think much of Gina’s makeup and lateness, I do think her and Chyna are more classy/educated than the others. Andrea is just shocking – what a idiot plastic botoxed show-off & a bore too. As if anyone would ever buy a book off that skank – honestly does she even know her children’s names? or that most women who work don’t have a nanny/housekeeper but manage just fine.

25 PollyB { 04.21.14 at 3:24 pm }

Chyka gave a pooch party!! Really a fully catered fucking pooch party. With costumes & everything. How much is she worth? How much is she being paid for housewives? Incredible.

26 nadia { 04.21.14 at 5:33 pm }

Andrea’s book is about how to choose the ‘perfect nanny’ is that right, and how that nanny will master the checklists?
Janet should admit she called Lydia brainless to Gina but instead she backpedals and tries to talk her way out of being responsible for anything by telling fibs.
Don’t really like the way Lydia treats the housekeeper Joanna who she called ‘Housefriend’ whatever that meant.
I really like Gina and Chyka as they are far more mature, classy and educated.
I think Jackie is funny with the things she comes out with but I didn’t like the way she spoke to her husband last night basically blaming him if their alcohol venture doesn’t go according to plan or even goes wrong. She clearly can’t take ‘no’ for answer.

27 m. hardy { 04.21.14 at 10:53 pm }

Go Gina I give you my full support. Andrea your disgusting, your mouth, the voice what a load of crap that is, and the way too short dresses your not pulling them off your too old, think of your kids their going to be so embarrassed by your behavior. Lydia your another one with the ridiculous voice.

28 nick { 04.22.14 at 10:56 am }

What a disgraceful damaging advert for Liberty Belle.

29 Kells { 04.22.14 at 10:43 pm }

Love Gina, Chyka & Jackie but the others are just classless, nasty people. You can tell they married money, they didn’t work to earn it themselves. Andrea’s idea for her book is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. As a working mother there is no way I would take advice from someone who treats her nannies like they are idiots. PS Lydia is brainless – anyone studying design would know that the Louvre is in France (not London).

30 Susi { 04.23.14 at 10:45 pm }

WOW WOW WOW!!! If the creators wanted to create a twisted look at how money can affect people, and seperate the good , the bad and the plain old ugly. ..Gina and Chyka would come under the GOOD – hardworking honest women who genuinely give a shit to matters that need to be paid attention to. The BAD – I think Jackie would have to come under this, purely because she knows Gina has a good soul yet she is too weak to acknowledge and embrace that – instead succumbing to the nadties in order to feel accepted and lastly, the UGLY. Well of course this little group would consist of ANDREA – A person living under her husbands shadow as she is too consumed with nastiness to create a successful path for herself. lYDIA – She is just plain stupid. I think her brains belong in her arse as the crap that comes out of her mouth, I think the term is verbal diarrhea. And lastly JANET. Well, that is just one piece of unsuccessful mutton dressed up as lamb. What a trouble making flusy….I think creators hace unfortunately focused a little too much on the nastiness rather than what good these women can do for society. They need more in touch women like Gina and Chyka to do this I feel….

31 Victoria { 04.24.14 at 12:49 pm }

Gina and Chyka are gorgeous hardworking women who look fab on TV. Jackie is fun too watch I think she means well but being bullied by the other bullies don’t know how she can’t use her psychic abilities to see through these fake ugly stupid cowes . Lydia is the worst of them all she is enough to make me turn the Telly off and she is married to a plastic surgeon with a head like that ?..

32 KGirl { 04.24.14 at 1:35 pm }

Kess, what a great and accurate recap! Thanks.
Lyda’s comment about Le Lourve being in London is a winner, but nothing tops her parading and trying to seduce her stepson in sheer clothing is just a new low.
The only people worth watching are Gina and Chyka , more so Gina!
Oh Gawd, can’t believe I’m letting the World know that I actually watch this show, with my boyfriend, and discuss it! shame shame

33 nadia { 04.25.14 at 6:44 pm }

@ Victoria #31, Lydia is married to an architect while it’s Andrea who is married to the plastic surgeon. But you are right about Chyka and Gina.

34 kess { 04.27.14 at 2:55 pm }

So, I’m doing a recap am I???

That will teach me to keep my big mouth shut:)

Will give it a go, poor RR must be worn out with all the RTV she has to cover and a new swag about to hit her like a tsunami.

I have to wait until monday for my source though.
I love this monster so much now I want to check out all of the other Housewives – and Ladies of London coming soon, will surely be the best, and they can always call on Rosemary Schraeger & Co to pull them into line if they turn out to be more ladettes than ladies.

35 hungryhippo { 04.27.14 at 6:25 pm }

Woohoo thanks kess : )

36 LW { 04.27.14 at 6:50 pm }

A stylist I know has worked with the Housewives a bit, and told me that everyone she knows in the industry who went to Liberty Belle for their Botox jabs in the past are heading elsewhere because they can’t bring themselves to support Andrea’s business.

37 Gabby { 04.27.14 at 7:52 pm }

LW @36 thanks for that bit of gossip about the Botox ladies of Melbourne going elsewhere, good on them. It will serve the nasty, excuse for a woman and a mother right!

38 Trix { 04.28.14 at 12:17 am }

I have had a personal experience with Chris Moss when I had a $500 (10 minute) consultation with him. He went into another room and spoke to one of his young staff. It was disgusting, degrading and down right rude. I was so blown away with how he spoke to this young blonde that I decided no matter how good he was meant to be I would never use him. Obviously the both of them think they can just step over anyone to get what they want. I feel sorry for the children, let’s hope their school has some good role models there to make up for poor parenting. As for Andrea she should go back to the western suburbs where she came from. You can tell they have new money as true Toorak women would NEVER act with limited integrity.
As for Lydia….. she is not worth typing about…..

39 davo { 05.02.14 at 8:56 am }

Love Chyka and Gina. Lydia is one of the greatest liars I have come across. She claims to have piloted a jet, said in episode one that she had known Gina for eight years and then denied it at the Liberty Belle launch. She is a real try hard. As for using the Schiavello name, what a kick in the guts that is to the Schiavello family, Why would she persist in using their name and not her new husbands name. She is just full of it. As for Andrea, there is nothing one can say about this would be if she could be. She struts around as if she is the Queen of Toorak. I could buy her and Lydia and still have change.

40 Gabby { 05.02.14 at 9:05 am }

davo you talk about a kick in the guts for the Schiavello family having Lydia use their name, what about a kick in the guts for her present husband? I wonder what he thinks about it, his name not good enough for her, not enough status?
See in the last episode she was still bantering like a school kid, “I’ve got more money than you,” how pathetic she is.
Also Andrea, no words to describe that stuck up excuse for a mother.

41 davo { 05.02.14 at 9:25 am }

Hey Gabby. Andrea is a poor excuse for a mother. She claims to work 50 hours or more a week. Does she really think she is the only working mother on this planet that does that. Millions of women around the world work long hours and still manage to run the house and raise normal healthy kids without having to have numerous nannies who need a list to tell them what to do. How stupid does this Moss women think people are. And what about the list she wrote out about Gina, please get a life Moss. Maybe if she spent more time with her children she would not have time to write such lists and write a book telling women how to run a household with nannies on board. What a joke.

42 gottit { 05.02.14 at 11:36 pm }

I think we are supposed to dislike Lydia and Andrea as getting hooked on the show. Gotta give these girls a chance Its only fair

43 Maria noble { 05.05.14 at 5:10 am }

Awful display and example to the young women of today .. Andrea how much of an apology do you want , I was cringing , l’ll bet the perfect life ain’t so perfect any more !!!! And Lydia , you have delusions of grandure purely because of your wealth , sorry , your husbandsssss wealth . And that friend of yours in the completely white house , where does she think she is ” heaven ” Your poor husbands must be hanging their heads in shame … Working so you can flaunt your massive ego’s around town like you’ve made it . As for that “rock stars wife ” he may have been a long time ago but any money he made lm sure you’ll make disappear pretty quickly ..she is an absolute goose . Janet just wants to be anything she can as long as someone gives her attention . Chaka I remember you on Bert newton, haven’t you come a long way and hope your hubbys not gay . And Gina how busy as a barrister are you if you have time for a show like this . You stuck it up them all and have the last laugh , good on you

44 Wood { 06.12.14 at 6:47 am }

No good any of them

45 www.naeemzaki.net { 07.03.14 at 12:07 am }

minecraft mods for mac

46 TJ { 07.05.14 at 8:25 am }

@trix I too had an appointment with dr moss however I never even saw him. I paid $100 for an appointment with a sales girl who knew nothing, I knew more than she did. I had to come back & pay another $500 to see Chris Moss. At this point in time I was like no way. I went to the lovely Dr Hamish Farrow who has done an amazing job & he sees me anytime I like & I do not have to pay him. Hamish is a man that cares About people not money. Shame on u doctor Chris!!

47 Dsalli { 07.27.14 at 5:29 am }

my wife came back,..before then I didn’t know where to turn. My wife of 16 years wanted to leave me. I contacted prophet mica i saw reviews about online and from a friend, we worked together for a couple days and the last day she came home after work with a bottle of wine and said she wanted to talk. She said what a mistake she made and we have never looked back. Thanks for all your help prophet mica, you really gave me my life back with my wife.. prophet’s email is templeoflivingspirits@ gmail.com. I’m glad sincere persons like this still exist.