The Amazing Race – A Surprise Elimination But Let’s Blame The Taxi Driver Again

jessica and john

I have to confess I do really like Jamahl (ok might have a slight crush) and Leo on The Amazing Race as no matter what is going on they look like they are having fun. This time in All Stars they have decided to not be too evil and be a bit more cooperative with the other teams as well as being a tad crazy.

In the latest episode all the teams ended up on the same plane to Italy. Unfortunately for the two Nashville Girls they were going to have to do a speed bump as it the previously had been a non-elimination leg.

First up was the detour with most of the teams deciding to do the remote control chariot race. Jamahl and Leo decided to abort and go and do the gladiator’s challenge. Jessica and John had already completed it and then their day from hell started. Yep the dodgy cab driver. But let’s be frank it was partly their fault as Piazza di Spagna looked pretty much like Spanish Steps, however it is easy to say that when you are sitting on the couch. What was surprising was how many Italian cab drivers did not know that was what it was.

Anyway they were taken to some dodgy part of Rome with high rise apartments but then they were not the only team there. The Harlem Globetrotters were taken there as well. They ended up at the Roadblock where they had to count the steps plus work out Roman numerals at around the same time and the Afghanimals were also there.

Jamahl was helped by a local and received the pitstop clue. The other two teams thinking the Nashville girls were behind them asked Leo and Jamahl to give them the answer and they did. Of course the deal was they were not allowed to be U-Turned in a later leg. At one stage it looked like this good deed was going to back fire as Jamahl and Leo could have been beaten to the pitstop as Leo had an injury. However they made it just before the Globetrotters with Jessica and John the last to arrive and they were eliminated.

Here is an interview with Jessica and John  where they talk about what happened.

1 jo { 04.19.14 at 10:40 am }

It wasn’t the cabbie’s fault at all I think. They told him to go to john keats piazza, but there’s no such thing. There’s John keats street though and it’s more than reasonable to latch on to the keats part than the piazza part. I think all the cabbies knew the Spanish steps, they just didn’t know it’s where keats died and really this is probably the first and last time they’ve ever been given a riddle instead of directions. Anyway, I’m also glad jamal and Leo are still in it.They are fun.

2 daisy { 04.19.14 at 11:11 am }

Go cowboys.

3 Sue { 04.19.14 at 12:24 pm }

The cab drivers dictated the outcome this time but, even so, John & Jessica were the weakest team out there on that leg (based on their performance so far this season).
Now John & Jessica are gone I think the new weakest team is Flight Time & Big Easy. They might be fit but their enormous size actually is a handicap.

4 Windsong { 04.19.14 at 7:43 pm }

Yeah, I didn’t so much blame the cab-drivers, because there was a deliberate ambiguity built into the clue.

I liked that Jessica and John did pretty well, but I never thought they really belonged here. The most interesting thing about the team was how they were eliminated last time. I always felt like they were punching waaaaay out of their weight class, here.

What amazed me was the Globetrotters at the step-counting challenge. It’s their 30th leg (!) on the show, but they still don’t know how to read their clue properly (and it sounded like he didn’t even read the clue at all). If Leo and Jamal hadn’t given them the answer, there’s no way they would’ve figured it out on their own (and thusly, John and Jessica would’ve survived).

But I reckon the only reason the Afghanimals gave them all the answer was because they thought the girls were still behind them. It was a foot-race to the mat for last-place. There’s no way the Afghanimals would’ve risked their own game that way, if they’d known they were all tying for last. They’re smarter than that.

5 Carole { 04.19.14 at 9:03 pm }

Yeah, the Afghanimals are much nicer this time around. They helped the others on condition they don’t uturn them in a future leg. Lets hope they keep their end of the deal. Not like last season, when that girl wanted to copy him & he ran away. Very childish behaviour. Flight time hadn’t read the clue properly. I don’t know why when they keep getting it wrong over & over again, why they don’t re-read the clue to see what they are doing wrong. Instead they make the same mistake over & over & over.

That chariot race was hilarious. One of them said if they were real people, they would have been rushed to hospital.

6 http://simplygarciniaresults.com { 07.20.14 at 8:15 am }

Hi there, this weekend is pleasant in support of me, since this occasion i am reading this wonderful educational article
here at my house.

My website: http://simplygarciniaresults.com

7 kb.training-classes.com { 08.15.14 at 10:51 am }

Normally I do not learn article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it!
Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, quite nice post.

8 Sibyl { 09.25.14 at 4:06 am }

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it
seems as though you relied on the video to make
your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?