Masterchef Australia Starting May 5 And Other New Shows Start Dates

Masterchef Judges Portraits in Melbourne

Masterchef Australia season six is kicking off on Monday 5 May at 7.3opm. This year Kylie Kwong has joined the judging panel which will be a welcome addition with her knowledge of Asian cuisine. The press blurbs have been saying these will be the best home cooks we have seen. So hopefully the standard of cooking will be higher then the previous years.

It concerns me that it will be going head to head against House Rules (expect this show to rate really well) and also possible the first few episodes of The Voice Australia. TEN should be making the 7pm slot theirs with reality in my opinion but then I am not a programmer.

House Rules is starting next Wednesday 30 April at 7.30pm on SEVEN. The My Kitchen Rules grand final is on the Tuesday. The premiere date for House Rules should see them get good figures as NINE has not released their air dates for their big shows yet.

1 abc { 04.23.14 at 11:43 am }

i have a feeling that the show will be better than last year!!!! dont know why i feel so, but just some inner instinct!!!! and will kylie kwong be regular or like matt moran?

2 brain dead dave { 04.23.14 at 11:51 am }

Well, who’ll be first to get the now common as dirt dead animal haircut, Gary or Jowl$y ? Obviously not George but credit where it’s due,he’s kept the weight off for two years now.

First priority for me will be House Rules and then Ma$terchef encores as they happen. It’s just a load of rubbish that these are the best home cooks ever but props to the producers for their nerve .They can obviously dig that:

“$uccess is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm” (Winston Churchill)

A team of drovers’ dogs producing could trump last year’s appalling series on their ears.

3 Culinary Boner { 04.23.14 at 11:51 am }

How many nights a week will MasterChef air?
Hopefully not Sunday to Friday as this is overkill and bores the shit out of me.

4 Littlepetal { 04.23.14 at 11:59 am }

Not too sure about Kylie Kwong. Will she be judging? Matt Moran was only a mentor and did not taste and score the dishes.

The preview of MC has been good so far. Maybe this year will be better but I am sick of George and Matt Preston

5 daisy { 04.23.14 at 12:05 pm }

abc me too. I have been thinking they might have lifted their game this year. Are we just naive?
Yeah, Manu’s marsupial head is on everysecond bogan and yobbo. I am surprised he hasn’t already set it free back into the bush.

But there are so many bald men with a paunch around the pool here that I can’t tell which one is Woolie unless I get close up. So I have been asking him to get a distinguishing feature like a toupee.

Don’t tell him I mentioned the paunch. I am hoping he will be able to button up the snazzy shirt we bought him.

He does read these, so I will be unsuitably punished. 😆

Dr T , I also offered him up to four different Thai ladies, and the only taker had an Adam’s apple. I don’t think W always enjoys my jokes. 😆

6 Littlepetal { 04.23.14 at 12:06 pm }

CB- Its on Mon to Thurs

7 Littlepetal { 04.23.14 at 12:08 pm }

RR- No invite to Masterchef launch? or they are not having an official launch?

8 Culinary Boner { 04.23.14 at 12:18 pm }

Thanks Littlepetal.
Though that’s still one night too many for me.
I don’t get the saturation programming that gets used for MKR and MCA. Both are already past the point of yawn-stifling, over-exposure, so why don’t Seven and Ten step back a little to avoid the inevitable viewer turnoff?

9 Littlepetal { 04.23.14 at 6:16 pm }

Look like House Rules is not starting on Wed, 30 Apr. C7 has amended its schedule.

10 Joseph Skyrim { 04.23.14 at 6:31 pm }

Woo! Looking forward to it! 😀

11 Andrea { 04.23.14 at 7:09 pm }

Looking forward to both House Rules and Masterchef and its a pity that they will be up against each other.
I will tape MC and watch HR.

12 Gabby { 04.23.14 at 7:34 pm }

Great, cannot wait for House Rules, bring it on. Let’s hope they have kept the same format as last year and not messed with it.

13 Dr T { 04.23.14 at 8:53 pm }

abc – there isn’t alot of room to be much worse than the 2013 amata season – so in a way you’re right – it should be better, but then by how much

14 all happening { 04.23.14 at 9:25 pm }

As far as house rules, I agree about keeping the same format Gabby, but lets hope they don’t change to horrid contestants. As for MC, the promos are saying this season is a big improvement….do I believe the promo?????? Lets face it, it is NOT possible to get worse cooks than last year. I’ll watch HR and record MC.

15 all happening { 04.23.14 at 9:33 pm }

I just checked fb and web page and as of an hour ago, House Rules is starting on Wed 30th, LP.

16 Littlepetal { 04.23.14 at 9:51 pm }

Yes, AH. Its back on again on 30 April

17 Smythe { 04.24.14 at 4:35 am }

All Happening…#14…of course it’s possible to get worse cooks, just hoping that this isn’t the case. I’m looking forward to House Rules much more than MC. I hope it doesn’t turn into another MKR or something similar to the last Block.

18 michelle26 { 04.24.14 at 2:03 pm }

Well I’m really looking forward to Monday May 5th 7.30pm. I too think this will be a better season. But so far I’m not a huge fan of Kylie Kwong’s. Hoping that her appearances change that for me otherwise urgh and an eye roll.
I didn’t get in to HR until very late in the season. I’ll be recording that and watching MC.

19 Littlepetal { 04.24.14 at 2:52 pm }

michelle26- I have a few feedbacks from Chinese people that don’t like Kylie Kwong. They don’t like her cooking but they love Neil Perry’s cooking.

Her role is only a mentor so she won’t be judging.

20 Eliza { 04.25.14 at 1:14 am }

haha Daisy #5….

I think it’s just hope that it will be better than last year. Still, last year was pretty rubbish so shouldn’t really be that hard to improve on.

I love how they have been emphasising that these are Australia’s best HOME COOKS i.e trying to reduce the expectation.

I will most likely watch this while doing something something else, such as cooking/eating and tape HR so I can watch it better. I can’t sit and focus on a show anymore and watch ads. Foxtel IQ has destroyed my patience completely.

21 NJ { 04.25.14 at 5:14 pm }

I think we will all be very surprised with MC this season !!

22 brain dead dave { 04.25.14 at 5:39 pm }

What, you mean we’ll get a winner who can cook chips?

23 Littlepetal { 04.25.14 at 5:58 pm }

They are spruiking the same line-best cooking in all the series. They said that last year and the year before.

Have to admit some of the dishes looked good.

24 Georgie { 04.25.14 at 6:31 pm }

Paul changed his screen name has he?