My Kitchen Rules – Just As Well The Judges Have The Scoring Power

mollay

Thankfully the judges have the majority of the points to give out on My Kitchen Rules as the other teams should not have the power at this stage of the competition to decide the fate of the other teams. There is $250,000 at stake.

Chloe and Kelly scored low as they see them as a threat and don’t want the South Australian mums there in finals week, and Thalia and Bianca are trying to save their position in the competition. Thalia trying to keep her sweet image said “I don’t wish them to fail”. Oh bollocks of course they want them to stuff up.

The WA girls picked dishes they knew were more difficult. Paul and Blair who are being painted as the gentlemen of the contestants said the girls were playing strategy. Lucky for the boys they don’t have to play those games, but I am not quite believing they should be nominated for sainthood next.

As we all know these things are manipulated like the so called feud between the Chloe and Kelly and the twins apparently they have been painting the town red together. See article here.

The already tense relationship between Bree and Jessica got worst when Jessica poured the stock down the sink. Bree looked pissed but did not let fly  as she probably knew Jessica will get even more emotional and flaky if she criticises too much. However she did give her a tickle up about the lack of sweetness of the vanilla ice cream.

The entrees were Stuffed Sardines with an Orange Reduction, and Eggplant and Haloumi Fritters. The sardines looked high end but the fritters did look more cafe style.

Pete loved the sardines and thought the flavours they got were great but the fish was overcooked. Manu said his fritter was nice but it was too simple.

Vikki and Helena ordered the fritters and were probably peeved they had not thought of the Greek style dish for themselves.

Unfortunately most of their diners ordered the Chicken Mole and it was not good. Pete said it was far to sweet and they should have not used the chicken breast.  Manu however loved the Pig’s Cheeks and scored it a ten. Chloe then said she was very jealous of Manu’s but she deliberately picked the harder dishes. By they way I thought Chloe looked stunning in that blue jumpsuit.

After the Mole review Jessica was in tears. She was also struggling making the star anise churros for dessert which was served with Coconut Flan. Jessica ended up leaving the kitchen in tears.  Their other dessert was Roasted Peach with Marscapone ice cream. Pete struggled to get his spoon into the peach. If it is meant to be fine dining why is there no fork to use.

Manu loved the flan and the churros but did not think it went together. Pete loved his dessert as the ice cream was not too sweet.

The scores:

WA – 4

Tas – 4

Qld –  6

Vic – 5

Pete gave a 7 for entree, a four for main, and a nine for dessert.

Manu gave a six for entree, a ten for main, and eight for dessert. They ended up being second on the leader board with a total of 63. They are safe.

1 all happening { 04.23.14 at 9:48 pm }

Manu’s suit coat tonight was really stretching to stay buttoned. Georgie2, yum I have been to several wonderful middle eastern restaurants in Melbourne that we had to scoop up the food with the great breads. Tastes I remember.

2 Reality Raver { 04.23.14 at 9:56 pm }

What gets me is the hypocrisy. Pete says it is all about home cooking and Kelly says it s meant to be restaurant quality. Also I note the girls did not make their own pastry for either entree or dessert. OK it is extremely difficult to make but other teams have been criticised for not making own ingredients from scratch.

3 brain dead dave { 04.23.14 at 10:12 pm }

How come no Jack and Beaky in the opening credits? What a kick in the guts for them.

I don’t like any of the teams left. Kitsch Rules.

4 Littlepetal { 04.23.14 at 10:18 pm }

Didn’t one team also used store bought filo pastry in their cooking. Can’t remember which team. Both pastries are difficult to make in the 3 hrs prep time.

Tonight is a casual affair, so home cooking is justifiable. Not restaurant food. Not sure why Kelly was complaining.

Last night was fine dining. They were all dressed up. Even the cooks.

5 brain dead dave { 04.23.14 at 10:33 pm }

Jaws is complaining because she’s been to 42 countries and is a stuck up, back stabbing bitch.

6 Georgie { 04.23.14 at 10:44 pm }

I love the way no one can come up with an original assessment of the dishes – they all parrot what Pete and Manu have already said. This show has skidded off the end of the runway and landed in the swamp.

7 daisy { 04.23.14 at 10:55 pm }

Ma Chook@ 46, you gave me a chuckle.
Did you think we were spring chickens? Some are, but they are wise old souls, whereas some of the older ones are silly billies.

Littlepetal and all happening, lunch today was dipping butter naan into curry, but even then there are rules; not the bum hand.

8 Littlepetal { 04.23.14 at 11:03 pm }

daisy, did you ask wheather they made their own naan?

I have been told that the custard dessert is really nice. It’s on my to do list but I won’t be using the Twins recipe.

9 brain dead dave { 04.23.14 at 11:04 pm }

Yeah, it rolls like this : The older you get the wiser you get but just because you’re old doesn’t mean you’re wise-hence the saying no fool like an old fool. I’m old enough to know better but young enough to do it again.

Horse Head and Jaws think they’re old but they’re still wet behind the ears. It’s only teenage wasteland.

10 Jaycee47 { 04.23.14 at 11:28 pm }

If I heard the word “beautiful” again from the twins I was going to throw something “beautiful” at the TV and I would never hear that word again coming out of their mouths! Of course everything Greek was Beautiful tonight …..I remember the days when “Black is beautiful”…..”Your cheque is in the mail” and you know the rest……

11 daisy { 04.23.14 at 11:42 pm }

Littlepetal, without exaggeration, it was the BEST butter naan I have had; similar to a fresh Malay roti; but even more light and layered.
We also had the BEST paneer tikka ever.

BDD, I am going to have to take your advice about the matches.
There is some Dutch baking going on. Grrrr. And it’s not me.

12 Georgie2 { 04.23.14 at 11:54 pm }

All Happening, if you are in Melbourne I recommend Abla’s restaurant. LP the Greek custard dessert is delicious, however, like any pastry, the longer it sits, the soggier it gets, Daisy, you eat curry, expect Dutch baking…just saying,

13 daisy { 04.24.14 at 12:00 am }

Oh yeah, but how come I’m not farting? I suspect the lager may be contributing to the combustion.
Or maybe I just have a crab’s bottom. (See BDD’s information on crab bottoms). Oh have I no shame??? 😳 Not a lot. 😆

14 Georgie2 { 04.24.14 at 12:38 am }

Hey you gotta do what you gotta do, just be careful with an open flame

15 Smythe { 04.24.14 at 4:27 am }

All teams should know to just give Manu his sores. Get a large pitcher, fill it w/ the stuff and make sure to serve it with his meal. He can pour it all over his food as well as the thing growing on his head.

16 Smythe { 04.24.14 at 4:42 am }

RR…#52….is it home cooking that they want or high quality restaurant style cooking? Seems as if the contestants aren’t even sure about that.
Scoring…maybe they should have a scoring guide: certain # of points for presentation, certain # for taste and certain # for actually cooking what is described on the menu. Still wouldn’t work, though, because the judges/producers will determine points based on who they want to keep in the competition and not based on the quality of the food.

Hypocrites…they want consistency in the cooking but there is no consistency in the scoring.

17 Sandii { 04.24.14 at 6:52 am }

Like I have said previously it is my kitchen rules, not my restaurant rules.

18 Gabby { 04.24.14 at 9:13 am }

Georgie @56, you are absolutely right, the teams should give their critique and score before they hear what Pete and Manu say because as you say they just parrot them.
Chances are they may like the meal but once they hear Pete and Manu have given it the thumbs down, there is no way back.

19 Littlepetal { 04.24.14 at 10:11 am }

Georgie2 #62- Will make the Greek dessert soon. It will get soggy if you pour the hot syrup over the hot pastry. You need to let both cool down before doing it.

20 J { 04.26.14 at 1:40 am }

I’m so sick of watching Jess fall apart every episode…she’s pretty pathetic