The Voice Australia To Premiere Sunday 4 May

Now the My Kitchen Rules grand final airdate has been announced (Tuesday 29 April) NINE has announced The Voice Australia will start on Sunday 4 May at 6.30pm.

There will be four nights of blind auditions aka when we get to see the swinging red chairs in action. This will be the first time viewers will get to see new coaches Kylie Minogue and will.i.am in action. They join Joel Madden and Ricky Martin. Darren McMullen also returns as host.

One contestant already identified is Sabrina Batshon a former Australian Idol contestant.

The Voice Australia premieres on NINE on Sunday 4 May at 6.30pm, then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night from 7.30pm on Nine.

Expect Masterchef Australia to be caught in the crossfire between House Rules and The Voice Australia.

1 brain dead dave { 04.24.14 at 4:06 pm }

The four nights of blind auditions will be fun to laugh at the deluded caterwaulers , the rest is garbage.

2 daisy { 04.24.14 at 4:14 pm }

Watching the stupid judges who think they are cool, but aren’t because they are so overtly, smugly try hard is the most cringe making for me.

For example, how does sitting with one leg up make you cool, or saying bro. Anyone can do it? They really choose dickhead judges.

Maybe that could be a drinking game; every failed attempt at cool.

3 Andrea { 04.24.14 at 4:20 pm }

I only watch the blind auditions ( will tape it while watching something better like HR or MC ), after that the show drags on and gets boring.

4 Littlepetal { 04.24.14 at 9:11 pm }

We have a new cafe in our area. He calls every woman darling or sweetheart and every man brother. I enjoy sitting there having my coffee and listen to him chat with his customers. Lots of brother, darling and sweetheart!!

5 daisy { 04.24.14 at 11:24 pm }

And which one are you littlepetal; Darling or Sweetheart?
You should complain and tell him you prefer Honeybun….or Foxy Lady. 😉

6 Eliza { 04.25.14 at 1:08 am }

I turn off completely when people use pet names – I hate it! I find it offensive, hun, when you call me hun. Or when people that are older than you say “good girl”. Sorry, went off on a bit of a ranty tangent there..

I don’t know why, because I am not looking forward to it, but I will no doubt watch this show. Agree with you all re the judges.. try-hard much? I too find the show dull when we get to the live shows. Unlike the X Factor, I never end up liking any of the contestants in any way. I would not even take a copy of either winner’s CD if it were given to me for free.

I reckon that Kylie is going to be even more annoying than Delta with the posing, etc.

7 Peter { 04.25.14 at 8:22 am }

The Voice – 2 minutes of singing and 15 minutes of judges dramatic acting.
Will lose viewers this year to House rules and MC

8 SD { 04.25.14 at 9:23 pm }

Won’t be tempted to watch, this show is one of the weakest examples of reality I’ve seen for a while. It’s pathetic how good talent gets voted out because they are all on the one team, and others with no talent get through because they have weak teammates. It’s certainly not about getting the best talent to the end of the show. Unlike X-Factor which as witnessed last year, had 3 of the boys go almost all the way, and other judges lost their whole group, better talent stayed longer in the competition.

9 daisy { 04.26.14 at 4:05 am }

Yes SD, I don’t like how it works either and weaker singers outlast because they are on weak teams.
But Emma Louise Birdsal, or whatever her name is got a Love Child gig out of it.

10 TV2 Temporarily Loses Voice | ScreenScribe { 04.26.14 at 10:43 am }

[…] days of its Oz-cast, the gap will widen with subsequent episodes: Nine initially will air the show four nights a week whereas TV2 has scheduled it only for […]