Real Housewives Of Melbourne – Gina Liano Hits Back

gina liano

The Real Housewives of Melbourne had degenerated into a huge cat fight with most of the cast anti Gina Liano.  Earlier this week it culminated in a blog post from a housewives “insider” saying negative things about Gina and Chyka.

In a very good interview in Pop Sugar, Gina hits back and hints that the person she thinks is behind the blog post (See previous blog post THAT controversy) is Lydia.

She says:

PS: Another thing I wanted to ask you about is this blog post, which I’m sure you’re aware about. Do you know who wrote it?
Gina: I don’t know for sure, but someone actually posted as commentary, I think it was in a blog, this comment, on the 21st of April this year at 7:41 a.m. — I think it was about an hour-and-a-half before someone posted it on Twitter. It was about four hours before this anonymous person emailed me a copy of the letter. It said, ‘I have a friend who’s one of the producers and knows some of the girls formally, and he says behind the scenes is a mess.’ There has been a lot of communication going on on this site about Real Housewives. Then she says, ‘Some of them apparently reek of desperation for fame, and apparently Lydia has hired someone to write an anonymous blog attacking Gina so the audience will somehow be persuaded to be Team Lydia/Andrea before the reunion airs.’ The logic behind that is so brainless and pathetic. So that’s what was posted.

Now, the other thing was that Lydia had been posting from the night before, ‘Gina the cancer patient,’ and putting little images of me smoking cigarettes. She wouldn’t know anyway, I haven’t seen her since then; she would not know for one minute whether I smoke, do or don’t, or drink — she wouldn’t know anything. I have no contact with her at all. Occasionally I have a cigarette with Janet when we finish a shoot, or whatever, but she wouldn’t know. Her son smokes, my boys smoke, smoking’s around. It’s not a big deal, but for some reason she’s being a bit hideous about everything, about me. She thinks that will make me look bad, at least about my health.

She also started posting things in the morning about one of my followers or something, someone who was not very friendly to her, she posted things on Twitter like, ‘We’ll see what you think about Gina by the end of the day. Wait and see.’ It’s like she was pre-empting some tweets about what was coming. So that doesn’t make sense.

Now there are things in that email, things like cheap perfume — and I will say that at the reunion show I did have a cigarette with Alex Perry, and I do carry Impulse around, which is cheap perfume, so I can use it afterwards. So that tells me that someone there has written this. It’s definitely not a Foxtel employee; I know all the Foxtel employees and I get along famously with all of them. And Foxtel has actually made a statement to say it’s got nothing to do with Arena or Foxtel. It was really offensive things, like how my children were referred to as ‘offspring,’ but Andrea’s children were referred to as ‘babies.’ There was a lot of contempt in it, and there was a lot of detail in it, things like the perfume, that someone really had to have been there. Now whether there was a pin camera, I don’t know. . . I’m thinking there was no way it could have been Foxtel — the whole thing was recorded, what do they need a pin camera for? [Laughs] It doesn’t even make sense.

The interview also has other gems in it how Gina said it was quite a terrible time for her.

1 Belinda { 04.27.14 at 11:24 pm }

They really need to replace Lydia, Janet and Andrea. They aren’t engaging enough for TV. The bickering is not entertaining as it just shows how shallow and ‘mean girls’ they are like. Gina needs her own show.

2 Gidgitvonlarue { 04.28.14 at 2:41 am }

All these rants from ANY of the women on this show are so childish and like they are written by 12 year olds. Very telling.

3 PollyB { 04.28.14 at 7:33 am }

I’d like to see Gina in less sequins, less often.

4 Gabby { 04.28.14 at 8:17 am }

I hope Lydia, Andrea and Janet get a wake up call and see just what they are like as human beings.
But knowing these type of people it will be like water off a ducks back and they will still see everything as Gina’s fault, and nothing they have done or said as being wrong.

5 Twinkle { 04.28.14 at 1:27 pm }

A very interesting letter, apparently from Andrea to Gina (although she claims to have had nothing to do with it) was doing the rounds last week – if you search her Twitter (@mrsandreamoss) and look for the post last week where she replied to someone saying that she had nothing to do with it and found it appalling, expand it out and go to the person’s account who she was replying to, you’ll find it.

This show was so funny for all the wrong reasons. I was in fits of laughter when Ben told Jackie she doesn’t have to mention how much everything costs – he’s certainly a rock star in my eyes. Gorgeous guy and down to earth. She, on the other hand, is a dag and I highly doubt she is psychic (sorry).

I found it funny, too, how whenever they did a close-up shot of any of the housewives’ houses, they showed about 10 houses so you were never sure which house was theirs! Certainly the exterior of “Jackie’s house” didn’t look anything like the aerial view.

I’m bummed it’s nearly over now; two reunion shows to go then that will be it. I’d say the chances of it being renewed are slim.

You’d have to be crazy to sign up to this show – no matter what you say or do, it’s going to be wrong with a percentage of the viewing population – I’ve seen on other sites where people are bagging lovely Chyka, saying she doesn’t have a backbone for goodness sake! But one thing’s sure to me – why the heck would you want to go to a beauty salon to be pampered, knowing that a b**** like Andrea owns it? I’m sure there are plenty of others out there.

:-)

6 Twinkle { 04.28.14 at 2:14 pm }

Someone’s posted the letter I mentioned above ^^^^ to here:

7 Gabby { 04.28.14 at 2:27 pm }

Good read Twinkle. I have been waiting for someone to tell Jackie about mentioning the price of everything, it drives me crazy. Then finally Ben has the balls to do it and I miss it!
What did she reply to him? Nothing I suppose, she doesn’t usually listen to anything he has to say. She is definitely a five star bogan and if those other women weren’t in the show with her, they would have nothing to do with her, even though she does have a shit load of money.
Not saying those women are better than her, but they would definitely think they were of a class far better than her Newcastle one.
I think Jackie doesn’t like what is happening to Gina but is too scared to go against the pack.
I haven’t watched last night yet, so that’s why I am behind, sorry.

8 Twinkle { 04.28.14 at 2:29 pm }

Apologies if this has been done before, but if you think Andrea’s just being made to look bad for the cameras, this little gem might change your mind:

9 Twinkle { 04.28.14 at 2:36 pm }

@Gabby – he said something like “you don’t need to tell people how much things cost all the time” to which she got all defensive and said that she doesn’t tell the girls how much things cost (or was it she only tells the girls how much things cost?) – but then she said “I’m only telling YOU how much they cost” – she seemed a bit embarrassed though. The setting was just the two of them at home, in the lounge.

10 Gabby { 04.28.14 at 2:47 pm }

Thanks Twinkle. Was it in last nights show? I will be able to see it then. I’m glad he told her and she looked embarrassed, someone had to tell her. If I was her and was that naive, I would have said you could have told me off camera! So she was lost for words for once, haha, not like our Jackie…

11 Gabby { 04.28.14 at 2:58 pm }

Thanks for the link Twinkle. A right little gutter mouth isn’t Miss Andrea. Her husband looks like a wimp on the show and he sounded like a wimp in that article.
As one of our other commenters said, “Money sure don’t buy class”.