The 56th TV WEEK Logies – The Reality Lowdown – Scott Cam Takes Out The Gold

Michelle Bridges and Commando walked the red carpet together.

Michelle Bridges and Commando walked the red carpet together.

Back from their holiday in the USA, The Bachelor Australia couple, Tim and Anna

Back from their holiday in the USA, The Bachelor Australia couple, Tim and Anna

The Block Twins: Lysandra and Alisa

The Block Twins: Lysandra and Alisa

Looking smoking hot Big Brother host Sonia Kruger

Looking smoking hot Big Brother host Sonia Kruger

Big Brother winner Tim Dormer

Big Brother winner Tim Dormer

Kylie Minogue at the Logies

Kylie Minogue at the Logies

Danni Minogue at The Logies

Danni Minogue at The Logies

But who won that is reality related:

Scott Cam won Best Presenter and the Gold Logie.

Most Popular Reality Program was won by My Kitchen Rules. Manu will be partying tonight.

Most Popular Light Entertainment Program was Hamish and Andy’s Gap Year beating out The Voice Australia and The X Factor.

Most Popular Lifestyle Program was Better Homes and Gardens.

1 Littlepetal { 04.27.14 at 11:38 pm }

I was shock at how Michelle Bridges looked. Her face is so fake now!

2 Littlepetal { 04.27.14 at 11:40 pm }

Scott Can winning the Gold Logie. Really????

3 daisy { 04.28.14 at 12:08 am }

Nice shot of Danni Minogue.

I wish Tim would be given some telly work. He and Fryzee would be a funny double act. Or Fryzee, Tim and Tahan for a trio.

4 brain dead dave { 04.28.14 at 12:35 am }

A boofhead wins a Gold Logie? These awards aren’t worth a pie.

My Kitchen’s Rigged. Rubbish.

5 Calorie Loader { 04.28.14 at 1:44 am }

Who wins at the Bogus Awards (or Bogies) is no longer a surprise. What is of more interest to me is that Commando seems to have morphed into Hugh Hefner with his smoking jacket and Granddad’s poached loafer slippers.

Anna and the tripod? Still craving publicity or first time true love on the Bach? Her Dad must now have to drink himself under the table to get through family dinners.

6 Gidgitvonlarue { 04.28.14 at 2:43 am }

Sorry but the actual reality show CONTESTANTS should not be invited. They are not stars – they are just dust in the wind.

7 annajjj { 04.28.14 at 7:00 am }

@Gidgitvonlarue yep agree. Get off our screens; you are not celebrities

8 Georgie { 04.28.14 at 7:11 am }

Calorie Loader, “The Bogies” – Gold (pun intended). Agree on Commando’s style – I wonder did Michelle let him dress himself? It looks like he left the hanger in his jacket as well.

Scott Cam’s head will never fit within a camera shot, ever again!

9 Andrea { 04.28.14 at 7:34 am }

OMG! Scott Cam wins a gold Logie, what is television coming to?
And Housos? Yuck!
And Better Homes and Gardens win for about the 50th time?
Did anyone notice when Hamish Blake was interviewing Andy and Scott at their table, Michelle Bridges hand was possessively placed on Commando’s leg?

The Logies is just a big farce now.

10 Georgie { 04.28.14 at 7:43 am }

Is Danni Minogue channelling her ex mum-in-law with the slit to thigh gown?

11 PollyB { 04.28.14 at 7:46 am }

What you all said. And… Michelle Bridges arms. They are just too big.

12 Gabby { 04.28.14 at 8:10 am }

I must admit, I didn’t watch it for probably one of the first times ever but I turned it over as I was going to bed and saw Scott standing there making this big speech and I thought to myself what’s he doing there at this time of night? Then I noticed the gold plastered all around him and what he held in his hand. I had no idea he was even up for it.
How could he win the gold?
For those that did watch, do you think Kylie mimed? That is what they are all saying this morning, amongst other negative things about her.

13 daisy { 04.28.14 at 8:13 am }

Good one CL. And I agree reality contestants not being celebs…….but I still want Tim on telly.
Anyway if reality TV is now a logie category, I guess that justifies the presence of RTV contestants at the logies.
I don’t watch logies. Nor do I care who wins.
The best/worst is watching the Today show the next morning when Karl Steph usually outdoes his normal conceited dickheadness.

14 Reality Raver { 04.28.14 at 8:41 am }

Gabby – Yes Kylie looked like she was miming. But even worse it was really hokey choreography. From someone like myself who has seen her in concert quite a few times (don’t judge me) it was a teensy bit sad.

Gidgit Von La Rue – I actually disagree regarding the reality TV stars. In fact I think there should be a category for Most Popular Reality TV Star. Before you spit out your coffee onto your screen this is why. Reality shows in the past few years have been the highest rating shows on television and this is partly due to the reality TV contestants/teams/housemates etc. I think they should be acknowledge without them there would be no show.

I should add Manu was keen to win Most Popular Reality Show, I don’t think they were keen to be beaten by The Block again. It was a well deserved win.

15 Reality Raver { 04.28.14 at 8:44 am }

Of course feel free to debate what I said. Actually I will turn should reality stars be invited to the logies into a poll.

16 Andrea { 04.28.14 at 9:06 am }

RR, you might have a point with a logie for Best Reality Star, but imagine if that awful Ben who won the year before Tim had won the Logie? Its like a reward for bullies, just like KFC getting to the finals of MKR.
I didn’t mind Manu winning for MKR over The Block, because I can’t stand The Block, but its weird that Scott Cam then goes on to win the gold when his show didn’t win.
Did House Rules even get a mention?

17 Samantha { 04.28.14 at 9:39 am }

I don’t think reality TV “stars” should be invited. They are edited to make good TV. But I guess without them being invited the room would look pretty empty. Aussie TV is in a sad state of affairs. Reality TV is fantastic for us tweepers who bond live tweeting… reality TV would not be half as fun without reading the tweets.

Meanwhile, there should be a new category… Best Tweet Displayed on The Screen on a Reality TV Program or QandA

18 Georgie { 04.28.14 at 9:55 am }

Further to Samantha’s suggestion RR, why not introduce The Blog Awards – not as part of The Bogies, but a stand-alone award system for the best blogs. Categories could include:
Best Topic
Best Post
Worst Screen Name
Lowest Blow
Most Positive Comment
*Most Used New Word

*’gice’ or ‘Jowlsy’ would be winners for sure

19 Reality Raver { 04.28.14 at 10:02 am }

Actually that is not a bad idea

20 Mia { 04.28.14 at 11:49 am }

@Gabby – Kylie did sing live, but it was over the top of her recorded vocal on a backing tape.
I have to agree that the choreography was a shambles. I’d expect so much more from Kylie. It looked like she’d just gone “Ah, bugger it. It’s just the Logies”, and then rounded up a bunch of randoms who were having a night out at the casino to come and have a dance behind her.

I have no problem with reality contestants getting a Logies invite. Whether you love them, or love to hate them, it’s always the contestants that make or break an RTV show. And given the continued popularity of RTV, viewers obviously put some emotional investment into the people on these shows to want to see what they do next.
It certainly makes more ‘relevant’ sense to me why the twins from The Block get an invite over Rhonda Burchmore (has she appeared on TV in the last 12 months???).

21 Gidgitvonlarue { 04.28.14 at 12:59 pm }

There is SO much ‘reality tv’ maybe they just need to have a separate awards ceremony. I’m not sure – but how do they decided which reality show contestants get invited to the Logies or not? Did all last seasons House Rules people get invited? How about all the contestants from Amazing Race Australia?? I do agree without them there would be no reality show – but there are just SO many they really need their own award show!

22 brain dead dave { 04.28.14 at 1:15 pm }

Rhonda Burchmore has been on TV as recently as March 17 this year and her thirty years of singing and dancing on stage and screen stacks up pretty well against the contribution to Australian culture of the sour toxic twins.

Rhonda Burchmore had a part in the excellent Love Child and produced a great performance.

23 Juz { 04.28.14 at 2:53 pm }

Best dressed reality star: Carrie Bickmore.

24 Gabby { 04.28.14 at 5:51 pm }

Thanks RR and Mia for putting me straight about Kylie. Sounds like I didn’t miss one of her better performances.
I wrote on somewhere else about all the reality TV stars showing up at the Logies and filling seats, I didn’t see the need but after reading what you had to say RR I get the picture now and realise why they should be a part of the Logies these days. As you say Reality TV is such a huge genre of what we watch and it should be recognised and applauded more.