Masterchef Australia – Another Sneak Peek Looks Interesting

Masterchef Australia is starting on Monday 6 May and TEN have released another sneak peek. There is the hottest chilli in the world, so expect George Calombaris NOT to taste any of those dishes.

There also looks like a Heston style Β twist on the classic Lemon, Lime and Bitters this time done by George I think.

Masterchef Australia on TEN at 7.30pm from Monday 6th May.

1 Littlepetal { 04.30.14 at 1:37 pm }

It does look good. They are promoting the food and not the contestants so far.

Maybe Masterchef will redeem itself this year.

2 cam2 { 04.30.14 at 2:15 pm }

wow who would’ve thought we’d all start thinking masterchef was about ‘authentic cooking’….oh mkr what have you done to us?!

3 brain dead dave { 04.30.14 at 2:40 pm }

It’s basically the same as MKR but without the feuding contestants and attendant wisecracking.

There’ll still be the same old Ma$terchef schtick
*nauseating back stories
*plenty of crying and hankering after deluded “dreams”
*miscarriages of culinary justice like Rishi being booted
“poor hygiene standards
*people who can’t cook for jack.
* judges milking the same old cliches
*Jowl$y like a beached whale bleating:
“Do you think you’ll be going home tonight?”
*Gary squeezing “Ma$terchef Kitchin” into everything he says as often as possible

I say it’s going to be the same old song and dance,gice. Haven’t we heard that “It’ll be all about the cooking ” furphy two or three times before?

4 Morgan { 04.30.14 at 2:45 pm }

Surely it’ll be better than last year’s season (and this year’s MKR)? Anything will be an improvement.

5 Carole { 04.30.14 at 5:25 pm }

Yeah, they say every year they have the best cooks of any series & tell someone they have cooked the best dish of all the series of MasterChef. But like the sucker I am, I am still looking forward to this series.

6 Andrea { 04.30.14 at 6:18 pm }

Yes Carole, its definitely worth a look, it has to be better than last year. I’m glad we get to see the top 50 this time, and not just presented with a boys vs girls team.

7 Littlepetal { 04.30.14 at 10:36 pm }

Ha ha ha. Love George C saying its not about the ratings.

‘I don’t care about ratings,’ says MasterChef judge George Calombaris as he reveals he’s never seen an episode of My Kitchen Rules

He forgot that when the rating is poor, the show will be gone and there will be no MC. They know they can’t compete with MKR and have to sing a different tune.

8 Georgie { 04.30.14 at 10:51 pm }

Littlepetal, someone needs to remind George that Ch10 just put Big Brother to the sword because it wasn’t rating. The advertising dollar pays his wages. How dumb is he?

9 brain dead dave { 04.30.14 at 11:02 pm }

No, they’re not worried about ratings at all.

Almost every commercial break today has contained a promo or grab about Ma$terchef. There’s a frequent little graphic in the bottom right corner during every show reminding us when Ma$terchef starts.

Even Jowl$y tripped up reminiscing about the salad days when Ma$terchef had massive ratings. Happy to puff his jowls out about ratings then.

Fact is, George is now shitting concrete about ratings.

10 Georgie { 04.30.14 at 11:28 pm }

Umm doh, #8 – that was supposed to be Biggest Loser not Big Brother. 😳

11 daisy { 04.30.14 at 11:30 pm }

Georgie do you mean no BB this year? Nooooooo.
That’s my RTV must-have.

12 daisy { 04.30.14 at 11:31 pm }

Pheeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww.

I know it’s nosey, but I love BB. Last year was especially good.
The year before had a few blobs.

13 Georgie { 04.30.14 at 11:45 pm }

So we got that sorted did we daisy? Good, I can go to sleep now. :-)

14 Shellbot { 05.02.14 at 11:22 am }

aaahh MC is sucking me in with their ads, after last years sore disappointment which I hardly watched, I really do hope that this season delivers!

15 Bolders { 05.02.14 at 12:07 pm }

I agree Shellbot – the ads look interesting and SEEM to be focussed on the food. But you never know, MC tend to like a tearjerker back story which they will air ad nauseam until you actually start to despise the poor slob being asked to cry for the camera.

Sigh – it’s either the scripted charlatans on MKR or the cheesy backstory on MC.

we shall see…

16 Bolders { 05.02.14 at 12:09 pm }

BDD#3 – I should have read your post first and just written “What he said.”

17 emp { 05.02.14 at 12:24 pm }

Don’t forget Gary, George, Jolw$y, Julie, Emma (lol) or some random winner/contestant peddling glad wrap, gravy, sauce or some other crappy product during the ads.

18 Carole { 05.04.14 at 5:20 pm }

Don’t worry Daisy, they are having Big Brother this year, they are having the auditions at the moment.

19 daisy { 05.04.14 at 5:39 pm }

Carole, I’d love to go in it but I wouldn’t be allowed to take in my little nanna pack: medicine bag, nanna pull-ups, and snoring machine.

But the teeth have been whitened and the hair done so it seems a bit of a waste.

20 Sandii { 05.05.14 at 11:45 am }

I heard an interview with George on the radio this morning and he said with “hand on heart” that these were best cooks the series had ever seen. I wonder if they had learnt their lesson from last season and have gone back to basics. I think a lot of people are willing to give this new season a go, but I dont think they will have any loyalty from viewers after the last season sob shambles.

21 brain dead dave { 05.05.14 at 12:00 pm }

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t his heart George had his hand on.

Boom, boom.

22 Sandii { 05.05.14 at 1:24 pm }

Agreed

23 Chris { 05.05.14 at 1:31 pm }

I checked the promo. It looks more like the Naga Viper chilli than the Carolina Reaper. In which case it is NOT the hottest chilli in the world (at least not since December 2013). Still, pretty hot. I wouldn’t expect George to be tasting those dishes.