My Kitchen Rules – Grand Final Wrap Up and Media Links

Bree and Jess resized

As usual Jess from PopSugar has done a great interview with the winners Bree and Jess. Bree says she would like to write cookbooks and Jess would like to do something with SA produce and tourism. (Source: PopSugar)

Last year’s winner Dan has slammed the story doing the rounds in relation to the My Kitchen Rules behind the scenes secrets. He said there were no compulsory cooking lessons nor were their chefs plating up the final dishes. (Source: Fraser Chronicle) Thanks Andrea.

Bree in an interview says she likes her voice, also they will be using the money to take the pressure off their families. They also say WA girls food was better in the semi’s then Qld dad’s. (Source: Daily Telegraph)

Chloe and Kelly were apparently shattered about the loss but have to say here are pics of Kelly and her boyfriend and he is a bit of a hottie. Also Chloe’s fiancee did not make it to the filming of the finale so the question remains who was the guy who had his shirt unbuttoned to his waist? (Source: Daily Mail)

Colin Fassnidge out and about with his wife and kids. (Source: Daily Mail)

The most talked about episode on Twitter was apparently pastry gate where the WA girls cooked their dessert with store bought pastry. Also the article has “top tweets” which are mainly from celebrities there were much funnier tweets from the “ordinary” person in my opininon. (Source: News.com.au)

If you find any other links add them into the commentary section. Also once I find an interview with Chloe and Kelly I will add it in.

1 Isabelle { 04.30.14 at 2:41 pm }

Thank you for the story and links RR!! :-)

2 brain dead dave { 04.30.14 at 2:55 pm }

The ratings peaked at 2.5 million for the”Winners” announcement.

A lot of them could have been asleep,however.

3 Littlepetal { 04.30.14 at 3:32 pm }

Kelly crying her eyes outhttp://images.smh.com.au/2014/04/30/5385151/WAFinal_434-940×628.jpg

4 Gabby { 04.30.14 at 3:34 pm }

Yes thanks RR for the links, also you did a great job last night. It was a long one for you. I kept popping back and forth.
It was just great at the end to finally see something wipe that smug smile off their faces, at long last.
I can’t believe they finished filming over a year ago, that’s a long time to wait to find out if you won or not and to get your hands on the money.

5 brain dead dave { 04.30.14 at 3:40 pm }

Thanks Littlepetal. I’ve made that photo of Jaws bawling my desktop background.

6 Georgie { 04.30.14 at 4:51 pm }

Never mind Kelly, you can always ask for your old job back. 😐

7 Ali { 04.30.14 at 5:19 pm }

Not sure where to stick this now – as usual I am late to the party.

I “on-joyed” this season of MKR, if only because we could have fun on the blog. So thanks RR for all the recaps.

Gotta love Captain Jack – as soon as he entered the room he went the grope with Jess and wouldn’t let go.

That homemade soft white mozzarella cheese reminded me of a bad case of vaginal thrush. Is that why Kelly keeps on saying “This dish is us on a plate”.

8 Littlepetal { 04.30.14 at 5:22 pm }
9 Ali { 04.30.14 at 5:31 pm }

Littlepetal, it looks like they are crying, but you will notice there are no actual tears. They should’ve come prepared with glycerine drops, like other actors use.

10 brain dead dave { 04.30.14 at 5:34 pm }

Suck it up, Jawz. You stumped up the fish bones.

11 Gabby { 04.30.14 at 5:35 pm }

How ridiculous do they look? Thanks Littlepetal.
I think they, like the rest of Australia thought they had it in the bag.
I have never been so pleased to have got something wrong.
Great result!

12 Calorie Loader { 04.30.14 at 5:50 pm }

Now that MKR is over and cooking (at least on ch7) is no longer on the agenda, the mole that has styled Manu’s hair into a nest and called home for the past 2 years can finally come down. It peeps out from it’s vantage point and cautiously climbs to Manu’s shoulder, looking for it’s next exit point.

Unfortunately for the mole, Manu is not lazy when it comes to catching fresh produce.
‘Zere you are! Where av you bin harding?’
He promptly grabs the mole, whacks it over the back of the head and drops the poor creature into the nearest pot.
‘Now ar creatse a byooodiful sores. Yees, he chuckles, ar add a bitta butta. Butta makes everysing betta. This will be moss onjoyable’

13 daisy { 04.30.14 at 5:53 pm }

Ali, I would have watched had I known Jack would be back.
I wouldn’t have minded seeing a good old pre PC 60s grope from Jack. Sort of like Carry on Captain, ” Crumpet on the menu”.
And knockers instead of a doorbell.

14 Andrea { 04.30.14 at 6:09 pm }

I suppose I feel a bit sorry for Chloe and Kelly, not because I wanted them to win, but because its not worth coming second, or third, to put all the effort in and then come away with nothing.

BB , MC and Survivor give an amount of money for second and third placegetters, and House Rules is good because everyone is a winner getting all their houses renovated.
And filming two different endings, and then the contestants have to wait all those months not knowing if they won or not, would be nail biting stuff!

15 Culinary Boner { 04.30.14 at 7:20 pm }

Chloe and Kelly’s ultimate sin had nothing to do with their bitchy attitude, bogan pretentiousness or culinary failings. They just weren’t funny. If you’re going to play the reality TV bitch/villain you have make sure you’ve mastered the art of snarky wit. While most posters on this site hated Sophia and Ashley, they managed some classic lines: “they should name a suburban park after me, babe”. This one still gives me a chuckle.

16 Gabby { 04.30.14 at 7:49 pm }

“Bogan pretentiousness” love it CB.

17 Carrie { 04.30.14 at 8:29 pm }

CL @ 12 …..couldn’t stop laughing the first time I read it. Then read again and still laughed. Well done, it twas a lovely story! Thanks so much..x

18 Calorie Loader { 04.30.14 at 10:31 pm }

You’re welcome Carrie, glad you onjoyed eet πŸ˜›

While they have insulted and deceived us with their contrived and over-handled food, dialogue and production, I will be sad not to see Manu’s mutilation of the English language each night now and someone with a true love of food (the only authentic thing left on this show).

19 Pollywaffle { 04.30.14 at 11:31 pm }

Calorie Loader the ‘sores’ to elevat za mole would of cors have to be a sores also colled mole, the bust sores in za compazizon, zo fa

20 daisy { 05.01.14 at 6:30 am }

I think Calorie Loader might want to eat Pollywaffle.

Get it?

21 brain dead dave { 05.01.14 at 6:46 am }

Manu looked like he was wearing a Violet Crumble wrapper the other night.

22 daisy { 05.01.14 at 6:50 am }

Now I am going to miss jokes like that all because I can’t shaft myself by watching this predictable same old anymore.

23 daisy { 05.01.14 at 7:19 am }

On same old, it feels like winter is back and I can’t haul myself out of bed to get a coffee because of the cold. So I will put the leckie back on and go back to sleep. It’s not 5.30 yet here.

24 Liz { 05.03.14 at 12:14 am }

FYI Chloe’s fiancΓ© was at the Finale and “the guy with his shirt unbuttoned to his waist ” is her brother .

25 LB { 05.08.14 at 3:28 pm }

Aaaaand now reality has hit for Kelly. According to news.com.au she’s broke, moved back home and can’t live on an apprentices wage http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/the-dark-side-of-my-kitchen-rules-kelly-ramsay-reveals-shes-broke-and-has-been-bullied-since-shows-finale/story-fn8yvfst-1226910404003

I don’t condone people being hateful and am sorry that this happens to others either online or in person. But if Kelly thinks that she can get away with saying that they are positive people and it was all in the editing, then I have news for her. We’re not that dumb (well, not all of the time!) And as for saying that Ch 7 have thrown their hands up, well yeah, that’s what happens. You go onto a reality show and once the production is done with you, it’s done with you. Very few people who’ve been on reality TV go onto any kind of long term media career.

26 Littlepetal { 05.08.14 at 3:46 pm }

Thanks LB for the link.

Hope she gets better soon.

How can Kelly said their dreams were taken away from them? This is a comp and you may not win. Coming second is not bad. Look at Nic and Rocco. They are doing so well.

Also all the time on the show they keep saying they are better than the other young girls. Didn’t they say they bought their own home and blah blah blah.

If she can’t survive on the apprentice pay then go back to what you having been doing so well. As they have travelled much more than people at their age, eating in Michelin restaurants, they must be doing well.

She can’t keep blaming others for her own problems. She need to take responsibility for her own actions. Rant over.

27 brain dead dave { 05.08.14 at 3:56 pm }

Ain’t karma a bitch,Jaws?

28 B3T.At { 07.13.14 at 3:27 pm }

I recommend purchasing a cosmopolitan that consists of
Rain Natural Vodka. This is just about a ideal week
for you to do some major repairs that have been ignored for way as well lengthy.

My web-site – Nyc Psychic Readings (B3T.At)