Real Housewives Of Melbourne Reunion – Did It Change Your Mind About The Andrea/Lydia/Gina Feud?

real housewives

Well for once a show lived up to the promo’s. It was indeed a tense reunion special with none of the ladies holding back. The main action was between Gina, Andrea, Lydia and even Jackie.

What was interesting was how Gina just kept being caught out with lies. “I don’t call people morons” then on tape she says it twice. Also she would make a statement and never back it up with examples. It was like she was bringing her lawyer game to the couch.

Don’t think that I think Lydia and Andrea have halo’s over their heads either they know how to dish it out as well, but I don’t think Gina is quite the victim she tries to paint herself to be in this scenario. Having said that Gina does give out the best one liners on the show.

Jackie and Chyka are probably the two most believable on the couch and Jackie was not very happy about being called a bogan by Gina. Sure Andrea called Jackie a bogan as well but as Jackie said she did also say her party was “fucking boring”. Also not sure how you can go on a show and then tell them you don’t want your long term partner to be involved in a story line. But then Lara Bingle did that and got away with it.

Alex Perry did a great job as host of the show and this was only part one another episode is next Sunday. It should be noted it took 16 hours to film the special so they have tightly edited to make it more entertaining.

Chyka’s husband Bruce came on via video as he is in Boston a the moment. Bruce seriously needs to be on the show more next season as he is hilarious. It was also mildly amusing that Alex thought he was a hottie.

What did you think of the Housewives reunion did it change your mind about the feuds? Were there any questions you wanted answered? Do you want a season two of the show?

1 Twinkle { 05.05.14 at 1:50 pm }

Do I believe everything Gina says? No, absolutely not. If the media reports are to be believed, she had a very strong hand in negotiating her contract to come off looking better than the others.

Do I want a second season? Hmmm … maybe. But without Gina (who wants her own show anyway), Janet and Jackie. Lydia and Andrea may be bitches but they’re television gold. I felt uncomfortable watching Gina play the victim just about the entire series, so would like to wave goodbye to her. Janet makes me feel uncomfortable – I wish she’d act her age and I don’t want to watch her anymore. Jackie is a bogan – whether she likes it or not, she comes across in a terrible, terrible light. I’d be happy to keep Ben but please get rid of Jackie (and her annoying sucking-the-side-of-the-glass-when-she-drinks-champagne). Chyka is gorgeous but I’d like to see her have her own show where she mentors wannabe business people. Or even a Vanderpump Rules-style show about her catering company.

2 Gidgitvonlarue { 05.05.14 at 2:18 pm }

They are all horrible. Chykra only comes off ok because the rest are just such terrible people. God I love this show. Can’t wait for next week (if my electricity and Foxtel are still on!)

3 Renee { 05.05.14 at 2:32 pm }

No, it didn’t change my mind. I still find Lydia and Andrea repulsive. Lydia is as thick as brick and her sex comments are embarrassing, she seems incapable of understanding the questions put to her so goes on this weird tangent. The so called ‘legal threat’ ended up being a fizzer and proved that Andrea is not the brightest spark either – there was nothing, NOTHING wrong with it and it has been the cause of so much anger and hostility on Andrea’s part. Ridiculous. Yes, Gina was caught out over the ‘moron’ thing but that’s not so bad and I thought her comments on ‘western suburbs’ was pretty pathetic – Jackie was right to give her a serve. As far as Gina not giving examples to back up statements she made, if you are referring to when she said that Andrea/Lydia had tried to discredit her via social media, I believe Gina when she said she didn’t want to give examples as it would give credit to them. I saw the behaviour of Lydia and Andrea on twitter/Facebook towards Gina and it was disgusting!

4 Duane { 05.05.14 at 2:42 pm }

I think they should’ve just shown the whole reunion special at once in a 2hr episode. I think Alex Perry could have taken control a bit more – he let people talk over each other too much. @Gidgitvonlarue – I usually love your tweets but you went on and on and on about Bruce and his supposed homosexuality. Chyka and Bruce have been together 30 odds years, have a family and have built a successful business together so whatever their relationship entails, it appears to be working. When I first saw Bruce on the show, I thought ‘Yeah, that’s a man who likes showtunes’, but I don’t know why people feel the need to go on about it? What’s the point? They seem happy and the I find the constant innuendo lame.

5 LB { 05.05.14 at 3:24 pm }

Apparently Alex Perry has closed his twitter account after being bombarded following the reunion show.

6 Reality Raver { 05.05.14 at 3:38 pm }

LB – Really? what were they saying to him? I thought he did a great job.

7 LB { 05.05.14 at 3:48 pm }

Not sure RR, I just saw a tweet from Cameron Adams (News Ltd) saying:
Real Housewives’ first cyber scalp: Alex Perry just closed his Twitter account and called it a “toxic swamp” after fan feedback #hasapoint

If he has walked away, then good for him to take control and not let viper tongued keyboard warriors make the running.

8 Twinkle { 05.05.14 at 4:51 pm }

Alex’s Twitter account has definitely been deactivated.

Disappointing really, when his advice to Charlotte D was just to block the trolls; and indeed this was the same advice he imparted to Andrea when she told him she was battling the keyboard warriors.

9 renee s { 05.05.14 at 5:39 pm }

I saw a tweet from Alex Perry this morning. Someone asked how he was and he replied that he was fine, it was a beautiful day, and he didn’t let twitter trash bother him. There were nasty tweets to him yesterday implying he allowed bullying at the RHOM reunion and was a hypocrite ‘because of Charlotte’. There were the usual quips about his sunglasses/plastic surgery/looking gay. I thought he did a good job as host. Maybe he’s not upset by the trolls and just wants a break from his clogged twitter feed?

10 Hooked { 05.06.14 at 8:20 am }

The reunion episode went a long way to explaining everyone’s animosity towards Gina. There is such a thing as being too honest – that prostitute comment to Lydia was just awful!
It makes me question the editing throughout the season. I believe her real personality came out during the reunion.
I’m not condoning the gang ups throughout the season which were very uncomfortable to watch but she did come across as very difficult to get along with & basically showed all the flaws she accused the other housewives of having (vulgar mouth, aggressive, bitchy, etc). They do say we are critical of the character flaws in others that we dislike in ourselves… It was interesting that even Chyka who has been the voice of reason felt the need to defend the other ladies (& was immediately warned by Gina to use her words carefully). Arguing for a living means she’s very good at the one liners & the others don’t stand a chance.
On a side note I thought Alex Perry did a great job hosting & I wasn’t a fan of his during AUSNTM.

I love this show & will definitely watch another season but would prefer a cast shake up or at least to remove Gina as this dynamic just doesn’t work. I could go on & on

11 Sarah { 05.06.14 at 1:28 pm }

@Hooked – I couldn’t disagree more. I’m not surprised Gina was a bit aggressive at the reunion show after what she went through on the series. I, don’t, however condone everything she said. The prostitute comment about Lydia may have been a bit harsh but Lydia’s constant sex talk/bragging about how much money she spends and revelation that she has a ‘conjugal rights’ contract with her husband ie you stop putting out regularly and we get divorced is telling. After all the conversations which were wrongly relayed on the show (Lydia was guilty of this) can you blame Gina for wanting Chyka to get things right? I don’t. And, as has been said before, the way those girls misinterpreted that email was cause for a lot of misguided aggression and hostility, yet they won’t own up to it.

12 ann { 05.07.14 at 11:09 am }

oh gosh i watch all the housewives shows the Americans need to worry ours is far superior, and its real, and I just love it when they all get a chance to express how they feel, just wish they didn’t keep going over the same stuff, Jackie go for it I to am from Newcastle don’t let them put you down, I feel they think your outside of their click, but you are real

13 PollyB { 05.07.14 at 11:49 am }

How they can show their faces in ‘real’ life. But I guess this is the real life of them, their family & friends. Their behaviour towards each other is incomprehensible. Please tell me this isn’t normal in the main. Does anyone know what they are being paid?

14 Twinkle { 05.07.14 at 1:33 pm }

@PollyB – the starting rate for a US Housewife is $125k; and the more established ones get $250k (Lisa V, Kyle Richards), to $500k (Vicki G), to $1m (Nene, and only Nene, who is the highest paid of all of them). I don’t know for certain, but I’d say at a guess about $150k, on the premise that if it gets renewed they’ll all get an increase. The camera crew followed them for 12 hours a day, four days a week, so any less would be a bit rude.

15 Twinkle { 05.07.14 at 1:35 pm }
16 PollyB { 05.07.14 at 1:58 pm }

Thanks Twinkle. I have waaaay less money than these people and can’t understand for the life of me that $150K could be so important for them to show themselves as they have. Unless this is a true reflection of them. Nasty.