When Love Comes To Town Premieres Tuesday May 20 On NINE

Nine’s new dating show When Love Comes To Town start next Tuesday, May 20 at 8.30pm. The show replaces Farmer Wants A Wife but it still stays country focused.

The ladies will be going to then towns and there will be two eligible men they meet in each town. The show will be hosted by Natalie Guzlewski.

The first preview to emerge had it looked like the girls need to show some vagina empowerment as it looked like they Β were going to have a scrag fight over the guys but later previews of the series shows that it has a more Farmer Wants A Wife vibe about the show then The Bachelor.

The guys have all different occupations going from tradies to doctors.

The official website is Β WhenLoveComesToTown.com.au

When Love Comes To Town Premieres on Tuesday May 20 at 8.30pm and Wednesday at 7.30pm on NINE.

1 Georgietake2 { 05.16.14 at 10:19 am }

I know no one has commented even though this has been up for a while but I have to say, that silly girl that says “I work in a very corporate environment” Not wearing that skanky dress you don’t. In my workplace we would send her home with that cleavage. Just because you have your hair up and are wearing chunky glasses – doesn’t make you look “professional”

2 Sandii { 05.16.14 at 11:26 am }

I agree Georgietake2, I work in a very corporate environment and I can tell you straight up that we dont wear clothes that revealing.

3 Georgietake2 { 05.16.14 at 2:05 pm }

And that walk! Professional alright – but a professional What?

4 Alice { 05.16.14 at 3:16 pm }

I also agree GeorgieTake2. It’s actually quite demeaning to suggest that dress is appropriate for a woman in a corporate setting. Would Gail Kelly ever dress like that? I don’t think so. No sensible woman would dress like that in a professional environment. I too have worked in corporate and government environments and I would be so embarrassed to have to conduct a meeting or interact with someone in the workplace who was dressed like that. I dunno, seems like more evidence of the Channel 9 “old boys club” like when they made a huge deal of the female tradie in the recent series of The Block. When are the old guard going to retire and take their sexist cr#p with them?

5 Georgietake2 { 05.16.14 at 4:00 pm }

When the “girls” stop co operating – why not put her high heeled foot down and say “no” I can be attractive without looking like a prostitute. We can’t blame the “old boys club” if we don’t stand against them.

6 daisy { 05.16.14 at 6:55 pm }

I think this starts in Perth so I’ll check it out for that. Plus I always enjoyed Farmer.

7 Alice { 05.17.14 at 7:55 pm }

Georgietake2: It’s a shame, because I reckon if she had done that, they’d have said “next, please!” and there probably would be another woman willing to take her place in order to get fame. I agree with you that it’s important for women to take responsibility about how they are portrayed as women on telly, but so many don’t. Also, I think most women (probably most *people* in general) would now no longer choose to go on reality tv knowing the pitfalls, so there’s a big section of the population who will no longer be represented.

Also wouldn’t most women who have an actual serious corporate career (what IS her career?) think it professional suicide to be on a dating show?

All that said, i’ll probably watch the darn show πŸ˜‰