House Rules – Joe Snell’s New Bar, Lisa Says She Is Being Bullied By Trolls And Other House Rules Gossip

Last night I was lucky enough to be invited to a soiree by SEVEN that showcased a exclusive new bar that Joe Snell designed. The bar called Magazin is down the stairs at 113 William St Darlinghurst. It is member’s only so you will have to be a member or know someone to get in. There were TV media as well as the big wigs of SEVEN. House Rules contestant’s Ryan and Candy were there mingling as was Joe Snell, Wendy Moore and the delightful Johanna Griggs.

After a quick chat with Johanna she revealed the training wheels are off and the teams really start cracking out some great renovations. Oh and she also admitted the Victorian house was a disaster….But as we discussed they can always pull that wallpaper off and their house is fully renovated.

In other House Rules news Victorian House Rules contestant Lisa says she is being bullied on the social media and admits that when she went on the show she was not expecting a social media backlash. Has she been hiding under a rock or was she just expecting to some across well.

The TV WEEK reports:

Online trolls have called the human resources manager a “bimbo” and accused her of having “nothing between her ears”.

Lisa, 29, says the harsh comments have offended her deeply. “it’s hurt my feeling,” she tells TV WEEK. “I’ve caught quite a bit of stick, which has been horrible. According to everyone, I have no common sense.”

Victorian Lisa, who graduated in the top two percent of her class at university, never hid the fact she didn’t know anything about renovation before joining the show.

“I don’t think I’ve done myself any favours coming into this competiton as such a novice,” she admits.

“Unfortunately, I’ve learnt in front of the camera and that hasn’t always been easy for me.”

Regular commenter Georgie nailed it when she wrote that when producers are briefing the contestant’s about how “nasty” social media is that they need to also tell them this:

“Now, we’re going to start filming this show and we’re going to edit the footage in a way that will exploit and humiliate you by focussing everyone’s attention on your flaws and frailties. We’re going to milk your weaknesses and sad stories for all they’re worth in the name of entertainment and you may come out looking really bad. So you’ll need to be careful when you look at social media”.

Lucky Lisa is not Brooke or she would be curled in the foetal position right now.

Also in TV Week Brook and Grant talk about how their large blended family has almost sent them broke.

They say “We definitely live week to week” Grant 31 admits. “Brooke and I struggle to make things stretch sometimes, but that’s life. We chose to have kids. They certainly didn’t just turn up on our doorsteps!”

Brooke, 30, says the loved-up pair briefly contemplated living apart so the children could have more space. But, they couldn’t afford to maintain two homes.

The also said winning would change their lives and that they would be able to do things they can’t normally afford to do, like a family holiday.

It would be interesting to know if they are going to have more kids together.

House Rules on Wednesday at 7.30pm on SEVEN.

1 Wheeze { 05.21.14 at 2:57 pm }

What am I missing? Lisa seems like a nice person.

2 Eliza { 05.21.14 at 2:59 pm }

As much as some people say that contestants are asking for it going on these shows, a lot of people go overboard with the negative comments and abuse they throw at people. As much as I have sniped a bit while watching Lisa’s obvious lack of skills, you really cannot judge someone totally off what they present on a show. Georgie is spot on – editing can allow them to present what they like and Lisa is meant to be the naive reno “dummy”. Ch7 knew this and like Steve and Chantelle on The Block, they take advantage of this.

As much as I dislike what they are presenting of B&G and the way Brooke has behaved, I wouldn’t judge her solely off this. We are all human and think mean things at times, but people need to remember that not everything needs or should be shared. On another note, B&G are only 30 and 31? Eeeek I thought they were about 40ish!

3 cam2 { 05.21.14 at 3:32 pm }

@ eliza whoa did not realise brooke and grant were so young! I would have picked them to be late thirties.

That’s sad that Lisa is getting online bullied. I was quite surprised when i read that. She seems like a total sweetie. Quiet, funny and very in love with Adam; not a mean girl at all.

4 Gabby { 05.21.14 at 3:41 pm }

Thanks RR for the lowdown from your evening out with celebrities.
I know Lisa seems a bit thick at times but I don’t think she warrants what they say she has been copping. There are some nasty people on social media and because they have no face think they can say whatever they like at people they don’t know, never knowing the harm they are causing.
I always thought Candy was a bit thick actually because she couldn’t read a tape measure.
Eliza, your snipes along with the people on this site could not be put in to the category Lisa is talking about, surely not.
If any of our comments have offended, I would think she needed a thicker skin.
I like you cannot believe B and G are in their early thirties, I also thought the were closer to forty. I guess that’s what having seven kids does to you.

RR I don’t suppose you had a chance to ask Johanna about the budget for the houses?
It was nice to hear you refer to Johanna as the “delightful” I take it you like her? I like her.

5 LB { 05.21.14 at 4:19 pm }

I’m seriously surprised that people are going after Lisa in a nasty & negative way. Lisa & Adam seem like people I’d want to know – they genuinely like and back each other and have a good sense of humour. I am guessing that once again it is the haters who sledge people unfairly so they can feel better about themselves.

6 Brad { 05.22.14 at 12:37 pm }

Yes, I am sure there is a lot of post-production editing, but not even Harry Potter could make Brooke look nice! I am so sick of hearing about their 7 children. If you don’t want kids, wear a glove!

7 swtor credits for sale { 05.27.14 at 11:30 am }

I wanted to jot down a brief remark in order to express gratitude to you for these wonderful concepts you are sharing at this site. My long internet search has at the end of the day been recognized with high-quality concept to go over with my colleagues. I ‘d admit that we website visitors actually are very much fortunate to be in a notable community with very many perfect people with good suggestions. I feel quite happy to have encountered your entire weblog and look forward to tons of more fun times reading here. Thanks again for all the details.

8 kimmy { 05.29.14 at 10:54 am }

i like lisa and adam..every ones not perfect we all have some sort of flaws….if you cant say anything to some ones face don’t say it at all…are they that jealous that lisa and adam seem very much in love and he cares about her.and she loves him…as for brooke nothing will ever be good enough for her, and he lets her put him down all the time in front of people get a back bone grant and start standing up for yourself because she is making a fool out of you…

9 MGGirl { 06.24.14 at 9:59 pm }

I don’t know why I’m continually surprised @ the behaviour of these hidden “troll type people” & the people they choose too attack… Lisa is a lovely girl & I’m sure she has a great network of support around her to fend off these people!! & hearing some of you say she should “toughen up” does not give anyone the right to say such nasty things!
I have a great idea for a series… it’s called “The Troll” tracking them down & revealing their faces, their rants & their victims to the whole world! lets try & bring and end to this behaviour… it can & has destroyed peoples lives!