The Voice Australia – Charne’s Back

To think Charne had less time on The Voice then she had in the Big Brother Australia house! This year on The Voice there have been a few people from other reality shows like Australian Idol, Australia’s Got Talent and The X Factor but it was surprising to see a former Big Brother housemate in the mix.

Charne who was on Big Brother two years ago is a sing and she was trying her luck on this show. She sang Lady Gaga’s Born This Way but unfortunately for her no one turned.

Charne The Voice

The song did not suit her voice. However she did not endear herself to the viewer when she did not hold the door for her mother as she entered the waiting room. She must like reality TV as someone on Facebook mentioned she had been at their audition of The Mole.

Tonight was the last night of the blinds and there were more auditions of people who did not get through. Elise Baker a 19 year old nursing student from Newcastle got Will and Joel to turn, she went with Joel. Kylie turned for Megan Longhurst and Will got his final member of his team with an Ethiopian girl, Soli Tesema who sang Halo.

The battle rounds are starting tomorrow – finally, the blinds just seemed to on and on and on.

1 Eliza { 05.21.14 at 1:18 am }

Was it just me or did they do more blind audition eps this year and spend more time on back stories? In the last 2 years, the blinds were the best part IMO, this year it was sooo tedious! The only bits I watched were the singing and will.i.am’s comments.. I thought I would dislike him, but he is gold.

2 daisy { 05.21.14 at 1:21 am }

Eliza, Eliza,did you see WLCTT? I need to know what the last girl did.

On the Voice: good to see Chardonnay having a go and being up beat about it. They are still doing, “Yay. Good pick. I got the hot nurse”.

3 daisy { 05.21.14 at 1:21 am }

Eliza, Eliza,did you see WLCTT? I need to know what the last girl did.

4 daisy { 05.21.14 at 1:23 am }

Speaking of BB exes; not impressed by Fyzee’s prank on Sam. Pretty gross.

5 Eliza { 05.21.14 at 2:03 am }

DAISY! Yes, I did, actually.. She stayed! I was all thinking “nooo don’t do it!” so of course she stayed. I hope I am wrong but I see an unhappy ending to that one!

I missed the beginning on how they decided which girls went with which guy. They all seem around 24-30ish so there isn’t an obvious age gap to separate. By the looks of the guys to come, I would be kicking myself if I didn’t stay for that Moshe (pit?) guy.. he was cute but maybe too quiet.

6 Eliza { 05.21.14 at 2:04 am }

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier.. Too busy watching this American show called ‘Awkward’ and being so thankful I didn’t go to high school in the US.

7 daisy { 05.21.14 at 2:12 am }

Thanks Eliza. At first I liked JJ but then after her pub date, the signs were there. “Big personality” translates to volatile.
But she was funny when, he said, “We haven’t much time” And quick. So quick.
Mosh pit was cute and sensible. Maybe it was the old “Nice guys don’t get the gitl thing. But MR isn’t far from my place Eliza. I can take you for a drive and find him for you. It would be easy.
BTW, MR is very affluent; wealthy farmers, surfers, artists and barefoot execs.

8 daisy { 05.21.14 at 2:14 am }

Weren’t you surprised the plain little country girl rejected Mosh?
Hot guy, nice guy, lawyer, great town….but no chemistry.

9 Gidgitvonlarue { 05.21.14 at 2:35 am }

Fame whores – so many applying for ANY show just to be on TV – be in TV Week – maybe get their own radio/TV show. They are addicted to being famous so will try anything. In America you can apply for one reality show and they think you suit another so they put you on that. Be damned what you want to be on – Survivor – bad luck, you are on The Bachelor.

10 Eliza { 05.21.14 at 2:39 am }

I was watching with my mum (who always whinges about these shows, but inevitably gets more into it than I am) and we both were yelling at Adam “JJ is TROUBLE”. I don’t think it’s the personality either, mum said she is unstable which I think could be very true. Plus, getting into quite an argument straight off the bat… eeeek! She was attractive.. but nothing special? She looked quite old for 30. Or am I just being judgmental? Haha

No chemistry for poor ol’ Moshe with those girls. My mum, she is so mean, kept saying that basically Moshe was out of Renae’s league! I kinda agreed.. I tend to think it’s not so much the ‘nice guy’ that finishes last but the too meek guy. Girls want a guy who is assertive, but not too assertive.. he seemed to be on the too laid back side maybe? He was a lawyer too! Yes, MR is quite the well to do area I have heard. I wonder if MR will get a peak in tourism now with Moshe not having a girl stay? You can track him down and kidnap him for me and I’ll get him posted to NSW. I worry though that with me being quiet, and he being quiet, that there would be crickets at first.. hmm..

Is it just me or is it a prerequisite on these shows that all girls must look great in a bikini? Good face optional, but bikini body a must?

11 Gidgitvonlarue { 05.21.14 at 2:40 am }

Oh and I have not watched The Voice. They freak out over average voices (being given hints by connections in the audience) plus they have their ‘top three’ and the others – ok they’ll do. They know they are ‘throwers’ – someone you accept or put on just to beef the team out but have no chance of winning – and then their top ones. I’m so over singing competitions it’s not even silly anymore. Half these singers accepted were average to be kind. And that was just channel surfing over between House Rules commercials.

12 Gidgitvonlarue { 05.21.14 at 2:43 am }

Hold the phone – why are people talking about When Love Comes to Town in The Voice article? Jumping the gun kids!

13 Eliza { 05.21.14 at 2:46 am }

That’s interesting about RTV in the US, GVL. That would actually be really annoying though.. and well.. do they ask you when you apply for Survivor if you are “desperate, single and looking for love?” “do you like dating men who are also dating 24 other women at the same time as you?” 😀

14 Eliza { 05.21.14 at 2:47 am }

Soz… @GVL

Oh, and yes, I totally agree with you about the judges padding out their teams so they have disposable contestants to keep their favs post battle round. They end up looking for that “right kind of [average] voice”.

It’s past my bed time.. gone into naughty mode :/

15 daisy { 05.21.14 at 6:51 am }

GVL, I read here on RR that the same happened with Carly and aTresne from MKR. They were applying for TAR.

Forgive us for jumping the gun, but Eliza’s mum is right about JJ, I reckon. I hope what’s his name doesn’t have a pet rabbit, but he might come home to find her boiling one of his chooks.

16 daisy { 05.21.14 at 6:56 am }

To think Charne had more time on the Voice and BB house than she got on this thread.

At least she was cheerful.

17 daisy { 05.21.14 at 6:58 am }

Eliza and daisy got caught running on the verandah. 😉

18 Eliza { 05.21.14 at 3:13 pm }

LOL ^

Sometimes we just need to be a bit sneaky in discussing other shows if RR has not had the time yet to post. So much on every night!

Clearly Charne isn’t bringing in too much interest.. If people are like me, the blinds got real boring after 3 weeks.

19 daisy { 05.21.14 at 4:01 pm }

Eliza, I was never one to run on the veranda, (ooowaa – the sprint walk only- heels down) so it’s fun to be bad.

20 Ali { 05.21.14 at 4:09 pm }

GVL – WLCTT was reality comedy GOLD! Filled with Captain Jack moments.

There was so much eye candy, you could develop diabetes from one episode.

Like Abbey, the CORPORATE Banker (not that you’d confuse her with a mere Bank Teller – because there’s hardly any of those left!) who obviously caters to the Not For Profit sector as she cannot even afford any brassieres to wear to work. Her employers need to up her pay so her budget can s-t-r-e-t-c-h to some tops which cover her chest region.

When Adam got out his impressive “guns”, the size of bazookas, I wondered why he was still single (JJ, his Special Lady may get a demo of his Rocket Launcher if she plays her cards right). Probably because his idea of romance is to mistake his dates for 457 Visa cheap labourers and get them to build a chook run. He soon realised they are better than that because he doesn’t have to pay them – AT ALL!!!!! Kalgoorlie has FIFO (Fly In, Fly Out) workers, Adam as BIMBO (Bus in, Maybe Bus Out) workers.

Nanny Kelly failed Dating 101 when she interrogated Adam about babies and he insisted “They’re growing on me”. What, like warts?

I hope the producers were wearing their Tena Pullup Pants when they auditioned Jess because they would’ve wet themselves when she kept on going on about finding her Magic Man. At no point did she define what would make this man magic. I’m guessing if his impressive Wand grows into a bouquet of flowers when pointed at her “secret garden”.

Jess was disgusted by a prize bull streaming rivers of snot; she’s in for a shock when she has her own small children.

Rebekah, legal secretary and law student, kept on tossing back her hair in what looked like a flirtatious come-on. Being a city gal, she would not anticipate that cows fart so much methane, it is windier in the country.

Adam enticed JJ but Moshe left empty handed. His mistake was obviously not asking Rebekah on a solo date and getting her to spend hours typing up legal contracts. Worked for Adam.

On the final night when JJ was contemplating whether to stay, she asked Adam whether he was going to get her to do any more chores. He quickly reeled off a whole string of jobs that need attention (now we know why he can spend so much time surfing). JJ said we bounce off well against each other so she thought he was joking. I’m sure he wasn’t.

RR, if you do a writeup of WLCTT, please move this.

21 daisy { 05.21.14 at 4:34 pm }

GVL sounds like recapping WLCTT would right up your alley.

I was surprised Mosh was in no way phased by all the talk of MagicMan. I think it was that Mosh was really just a geek with non-geek looks. He could go on Beauty and the Geek and play both parts. The banana? Really Mosh?

I reckon a 40 minute drive could get me to MR with a busload of fresh ladies for Mosh. And who calls their kid Mosh? Perhaps he was spawned under a collapsed mosh pit.

22 daisy { 05.21.14 at 4:38 pm }

Oh sorry Ali, that was your comment. Great recap. Great recap.

23 daisy { 05.21.14 at 4:45 pm }

RR can I nom-nom Ali for some WLCTT recaps. Except she’s so good there will be no jokes left to tell. I say SHE because she knows about Tena pants, but then if she is a guy, HE knows about them for an altogether more weird reason.

24 Ali { 05.21.14 at 5:32 pm }

Thanks Daisy, but I will be otherwise engaged getting my Fasting Blood Glucose levels taken, lest I faint from the eye candy overload.

I nominate Gidgit! – it will be easy – this program writes itself.

I was rootin’ for the teddy bear, but if you’re going to root for something, why not a banana. Big mistake in my view because after you give a girl a five foot banana, anything she sees in the bedroom is going to be a disappointment.

See Gidgit, they hand this stuff to you on a plate!

25 daisy { 05.21.14 at 5:59 pm }

GVL has Survivor. Ali this looks like your category.

26 Deano { 05.22.14 at 7:38 pm }

The battle rounds begin Sunday 6:30pm. Can’t wait.

27 Deano { 05.22.14 at 7:46 pm }

If it wasn’t for Daisy, the comments section would be sparce. Well done Daisy

28 Eliza { 05.23.14 at 12:11 am }

Yeah Daisy, stop talking to yourself ;P

29 daisy { 05.23.14 at 12:29 am }

Well at least Charne can say her thread got 29 comments.
Just giving the girl a break. 😆

30 Eliza { 05.23.14 at 1:09 am }

Let’s round it up to 30!

I wish I could be as popular as Charne.

31 daisy { 05.23.14 at 1:33 am }

She is getting more comments than she got BB votes.

32 Eliza { 05.23.14 at 1:39 am }

Even though none of them are actually about her.. some do refer to her though so that’s good, isn’t it?

Everyone else is missing out on the best thread ever here.

33 daisy { 05.23.14 at 1:48 am }

Well at least we had Deano there for awhile.

I’m playing solitaire in bed in between chatting with you Eliza.

34 Eliza { 05.23.14 at 1:58 am }

Hey Deano, Daisy is still here.. she’s doing a great job! RR doesn’t pay her enough.

Well, hopefully you’re winning. I was watching Survivor and now have some stupid movie on. Better go to bed I guess.. it’s pretty early again.

Until next time..

I would love it if Charne came on to see what great conversation she has sparked.

35 daisy { 05.23.14 at 2:10 am }

Well in case she does, I will say I was impressed with the way she gave it a good shot and came off smiling like a winner.

And Eliza, I really should take you to MR. You could have a shot with MP. I might have a shot with old Tom with his bald patch.
Night Eliza. Night Deano. See you both later :)

36 Deano { 05.23.14 at 7:26 pm }

Hi Daisy & Eliza. Wow. Charne has got this blog rocking. Charne has a nice smile. But smile didn’t match her talent. I can’t remember her in BB. I must have missed that season.

37 Deano { 05.23.14 at 7:28 pm }

You’d think after 36 comments that RR would contribute something.

38 Deano { 05.23.14 at 7:30 pm }

Sportsbet still don’t have any odds on who will win The Voice. But you can bet on gender of big brother winner.