The Voice Australia – The Second Battle Round Had Some Weird Decisions

The second battle round saw some favourites of mine hit the dust, particularly Jayde Gray the Marilyn Monroe performer from the Gold Coast. She was up against Louise Van Veenendaal singing Since You’ve Been Gone. Louise looked like she had come from an episode of RuPaul’s Drag Race and even gave a campy over the top performance which had Kylie Minogue in a fit of giggles. Jayde did let it rip and even though she does not have the power of Louise showed a nicer tone. Ricky told her she tried to do too much and said he would pick Jayde over Louise, as did Joel and Kylie. But for some reason Will.i.am picked Louise mainly to keep him entertained. Even she was shocked.

Jayde has come out in the papers today saying that Kylie had tried to save her. She had a right to be disappointed.

First up was Anja Nissen Verus Sarah Hamad from Team Will.i.am singing When Love Takes Over. It was battle of the divas. Sarah was pitchy and Anja hit some bum notes but was more consistent in this screechfest and she won.

Dallas James v Doug William from Team Joel were singing Hey Brother. Doug inevitably will have the Steve Clisby comparisons and Dallas was cracking up under the pressure. Their battle was a tad dull and it was Doug who won. Dallas is from Byron said he was on the show to help provide for his son. Maybe he now needs to give up the dream and maybe go and get a day job.

Team Kylie put Thando Sikwila and Candice Skjonnemand up against each other and they were singing Clown. Kylie was in tears, Joel had chills and Ricky said that they took him on a journey.  Ricky likes to use that word “journey” a lot. Surprisingly Kylie picked Candice and Thandos looked shocked, but Ricky saved her using the last of his two saves.

It was brother and sister duo Cecilia and Gabriel versus Brandon Duff. Neither of the siblings appeared to be focussing in the rehearsal but Cecilia is only sixteen. They were singing Demons. It was pretty bad battle and you knew that Kylie thought they were bad as she asked them how they thought they went.  The family duo were more memorable but Ricky went with Brandon as who wants to deal with a duo when you get to the live shows. Surprisingly Will buzzed into save them. His strategy must be to take something different to the live shows. Also under his guidance they should improve.

It was Josh MacDonald v Scotty Gelzinnus singing High and Dry. They did not even bother showing us the rehearsal, which must mean the show thought neither were contenders. It was a pretty even battle with these guys barely hitting a bum note. Scotty appeared to finish stronger though Ricky thought he started stronger. In the end he went with Josh. Ricky said he was unsure about his decision. Josh will probably bring in the older women vote as he is in his thirties.  For me it is disappointing as I went to school with his aunty’s. Hell I probably would have voted.

Then it was battle of the country girls Talia Gouge versus Annabelle Eve singing The Climb by Miley Cyrus. It was a great battle with Will deciding not to make a decision say it was too hard to pick. In the end Joel went with Talia.

Two of my favourites got booted out last night. Are your favourite singers still in it?

The Voice Australia 7.30pm tonight on NINE>

1 daisy { 05.27.14 at 5:43 pm }

I didn’t like Jayde or Louise. Louise sings like a mallet bashing abalone, and Jayde was myeh. I liked Candice and Thando, the brother from the duet and their rival, Scott?
Overall I think the guys were better than the girls last night.

2 Deano { 05.27.14 at 8:36 pm }

I was surprised the sister & brother were saved. Why aren’t they showing some battles tonight? Sunday & Monday only is too thin to keep up interest.

3 Deano { 05.27.14 at 8:38 pm }

I thought differently to Daisy. I reckon Jayde and Louise were both good and the girls outperformed the boys last night.

4 ครีมมาเชอรี่ { 05.27.14 at 8:50 pm }

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite
reason seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be
aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think
about worries that they plainly don’t know about.

You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing
without having side-effects , people can take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

5 daisy { 05.27.14 at 8:56 pm }

@4, what?

Deano, we CAN agree we need it to be on more than 2 nights a week. I liked the brother in the brother and sister team.

6 Deano { 05.27.14 at 10:02 pm }

We can agree on 3 things Daisy.
Needs to be on more;
@4, what the….
And Gabriel was a better singer than his sister Cecilia.

7 daisy { 05.27.14 at 10:15 pm }

Aren’t those @4 types ridiculous. You should see the tee shirts they make in China.
Once I saw one that was supposed to be so cool.
It had Happy Virus as it’s slogan. Mm Mm.

But then again I suppose there are those people who have tattoos written in Chinese or Hindi and then the wearer discovers it says something like, “I have clamidia”.

8 Anonymous { 05.28.14 at 1:47 am }

Haha, totally agree with your first comment, Daisy. I am definitely no fan of Louise atm. She is too aggressive for my liking but Jayde didn’t do enough to stand up to her.

Cecilia and Gabriel vs Brandon was a mess. C&G have that quirky cool thing about them so can see why they were saved. I like Brandon though.. he is hot. His mum is crae crae though :/

Josh vs Scotty was a pretty good battle. I never caught Scotty in the blinds but saw Josh. Just hit me that I must be getting old as I thought he was pretty attractive.

Thando and Candice were both really good and had really nice voices.

I felt quite a bit for Sarah after the comments from Will.i.am. Not sure if I am just the over sensitive type, but I felt his comments about going for the girl who can sing and.. importantly.. looks good were a tad harsh. You could see Sarah looked crushed.

And yes, I agree that with there only being two shows a week it’s not enough.

Shallow comment over.

9 daisy { 05.28.14 at 2:12 am }

This is reality TV ravings, anonymous. It never gets more than knee deep.

10 Eliza { 05.28.14 at 2:35 am }

Whoops, #8 was me.. Didn’t realise my name wasn’t there. Surprised you didn’t pick it was me, Daisy.. Always commenting on the cute boys haha hence my shallow comment line.