The Voice Australia Needs To Cut Out The Filler And Give Us The Performances

Every episode of The Voice Australia the viewer sits through filler, repetive scenes telling us what is coming up and last night it came at the expense of two of the contestants.

Emily Rex’s and Chita Henneberry’s battle round was not shown and quite rightly they and the viewers are peeved.

Not only is not fair on the fans of the show as we sit through a lot of filler and advertisements with the expectations that we are seeing all of the battle rounds but it is not fair on the contestants either.

It is no secret the more screen time and media attention a contestant gets the more likely they are to increase their fan base. This is cruicial coming into the live shows where the public gets a vote.

It may also be an indication that Chita does not make it to them and is eliminated in the showdowns if they this was the audition to cut.

Also the singers go on the show for exposure which they utilise to jump start their careers and the battle rounds always gave the singer an good two or more minutes of air time.

Emily gave her time to The Voice they should have given her the courtesy of giving her the extra couple minutes of fame.

Go here to see the audition.

1 me { 06.03.14 at 7:21 pm }

laura-leighs battle wasn’t shown neither

2 Deano { 06.03.14 at 7:29 pm }

Agree 100% RR. Even if their performance was below average, they deserved to be shown. Poor Emily and Chita.
Every hour, the voice has 12 minutes of commercials and 30 minutes of bullshit. Need more than 18 minutes of genuine performances.

3 daisy { 06.03.14 at 8:58 pm }

They could have easily cropped some of the coaching. It’s definitely a disadvantage to winning and to your career not to be aired.
Except if you were the last act, which was so bad that they would have been better off if we hadn’t seen it.
Especially tattooed Noddy in his black Noddy suit.

4 Calorie Loader { 06.03.14 at 9:36 pm }

Thanks for bringing this up RR-I just assumed I must have missed the start of some of the episodes when they showed Chita, Emily and Laura Leigh, etc. That’s pretty poor form.
Also noticed extensive rehearsals were shown for some battles and for others you just saw them walking straight to the stage. Same with critiques-some we heard all 4 judges and for other performances it appeared one judge didn’t comment-undoubtedly another grand editing decision.

5 emp { 06.03.14 at 10:06 pm }

i watched the two battles online and they were terrible so im not that fussed. but i do feel bad for the 4 of them.

6 Eliza { 06.03.14 at 11:34 pm }

There I was wondering how I had missed those two performances.. now I know why! That’s pretty harsh even if they weren’t good. I would rather watch that than all the boring filler! I noticed too how sometimes we would get such looooong footage of the coaching sessions and lots of comments from the judges, yet in other cases it was all over as quick as sticks.

This year The Voice has dragged on so much. I think it would actually be a form of torture to watch this show live and not be able to ff through it.

7 daisy { 06.03.14 at 11:59 pm }

Eliza, we dld Burning Love and watched ep 1. My fav was Ballerina, played by the aggressive Chinese guy from Community.
I will def give it another go. Thanks for the tip.
I like Ben Stiller.

8 Nadine { 06.04.14 at 12:07 am }

My thoughts exactly! So glad people are writing about this as there is so much wasted time on the voice and there is no excuse for them missing out. It was unfair to the singers and the supporters as it is the singers that draw in the ratings. Sounds like their is alot of bias if some singers are getting more coverage then others.. I think they should get Emily to come back on the show for a second shot as she was treated with unequal treatment. Even Chita missed out.. she may be in it but this could have impact on her aswell for missing the main TV audience who tune in… Food for thought…

9 Eliza { 06.04.14 at 12:43 am }

Daisy, good to hear! It stays funny which is good. ‘Mark’ is gold.. he plays the whole narcissistic bachelor role perfectly. Ballerina is hilarious… hahahaha “will you accept my hose?”

10 daisy { 06.06.14 at 10:33 pm }

Any of you Voicers watching Britain’s Got Talent on Fri nights?
So far I have seen a couple of really good male singers. Andrew the camp guy, and another guy who sang a beautiful musical theatre piece.

11 Calorie Loader { 06.07.14 at 1:06 am }

Not yet Daisy, you can preview it for us talent show enthusiasts.
The musical theatre guy didn’t happen to have his throat covered in ink did he?

12 daisy { 06.07.14 at 1:31 am }

I don’t watch AGT but I just recd this for the hell of it. There were 3 acts tonight I thought were really good; the guy whose name started with M who sang what I guess was a musical theatre song. He sang like an angel. Then there was a really funny gay guy, camping itvup in the interviews, who was really good. And there was a 14 yr old kid, Bailey who sang his own song.
I would say it’s worth checking out, but as with all these shows, better is you can ff the ads etc. There isn’t as much of the judges focussing on themselves as the other talent shows. And the Little Britain guy is good.

13 daisy { 06.08.14 at 11:17 pm }

Woo hoo! Loved CMajor tonight. And as BAD as it is I love that Robert Thicke song.
Tatts needs to go. Are they serious when they say he has a good voice? I’m not hearing it.

14 daisy { 06.08.14 at 11:40 pm }

The best singer of the season might be the brother from the brother and sister team. Wow! Wow! Wow!
The sister was too squeaky unfortunately, but I would put them through based on the brother. The sister has a nice tone and might improve with experience.
At times the sister’s tone is exquisite.

15 Chrissie { 06.08.14 at 11:42 pm }

Felt so sorry for Candice, she gave an incredible performance.

16 daisy { 06.08.14 at 11:47 pm }

I am assuming Candice is the Greek girl. I am just up to the brother ans sister atm. But so far it has been easy to predict who will go.

I don’t think the Greek girl had a chance against her competition. But I think she is better than the girl on Ricky’s team.

17 daisy { 06.08.14 at 11:53 pm }

Carly was so sweet and gracious toward her comletition.
I would love, love, love to hear the Sri Lankan guy duet with the brother from the brother and sister team. Please Voice producers can I hear them together.

18 daisy { 06.09.14 at 12:08 am }

Chrissie just watching Candice. You are right. She was great.
If this show went down differently she would be in and ths African girl out imo.

19 Eliza { 06.09.14 at 1:55 am }

I don’t really like any of the contestants put through so far (picky?).. oh but C Major was good. He had the voice and charisma to pull that song off well. It is just so darn catchy so nothing to be ashamed of, Daisy :)

I think you are referring to Thando on team Ricky.. man, I just finished watching and I already forget haha! I find her underwhelming as well. I liked Carly’s performance of the Toni Braxton song but that is also probably because I like the song. As a rule, I will enjoy most songs from the 90s.

It was a given that Frank was going through.. I am never a fan of the rock chick/guy. I felt for Blake as he was given such an underwhelming song and I think he did a really great job of singing a song where you actually have to kind of sing flat.

I am going to throw it out there… I hated the bro and sis performance. They sounds ok when they sing separate, then, as soon as they sing together again I check outside through the window as it sounds like two cats are mating. They give me a headache. They are ‘cool’ (bc they come from Byron) and ‘different’ (not so much) so knew they would go straight through.

20 daisy { 06.09.14 at 2:27 am }

It was really easy to pick who would get dropped.

I normally didn’t like rock screamer, Frank? But I thought he was OK tonight. I only said OK.

On Good Girl, don’t you think the words are pretty awful, as in a “No means yes, kind of way”? But the music is so catchy.

You don’t have to like the bro and sis.
BTW, finished s1 of BL. Now loo!ing for s2. Is Annie the Bachette next? And who’d have thought Ballerina was a guy???? I was shocked. She was so hot.
Hubby must be enjoying it. He was telling son about it.

21 Eliza { 06.09.14 at 2:41 am }

Blurred Lines (good girl) is totally inappropriate and rapey, yeah.. hate the way they masquerade it in such a catchy tune. You end up singing along and thinking.. oh my gosh what am I saying?!

No, Julie is the bachelorette. They just do a quick snippet of the ‘end’ of Burning Love – Hot for Teacher (Annie) but they didn’t actually make a series out of it. Just use the link I posted in the other thread to stream it online.

I know, hey, re Ballerina.. never! Least he finally got a yes haha!

22 Eliza { 06.09.14 at 2:42 am }

I am going to say s1 is the best though. Best characters.

23 Eliza { 06.09.14 at 2:43 am }

Oh but I do love me some Blaaaazzzeee.

It’s been a long day of singing, dancing and street walking. I’m out :)

24 daisy { 06.09.14 at 2:56 am }

Street walking???? I thought you were a “Good Girl”.

OK we have s2. We were just confused because we expected to see Annie.
Did you recognise Annie from that SBS series where her brother gets off death row? I forget the name.
Night Eliza.

25 daisy { 06.09.14 at 3:01 am }

And didn’t the lesbian girl on BL look like an exact cross between a young Nicole Kidman and that actress who played the cartoon princess who came to life. Anastasia was it? She is in a few things.