The Amazing Race Australia V New Zealand

The Amazing Race Australia is coming with a twist as half of the teams are from New Zealand, hence the Australia Versus New Zealand title.

At first glance at the above promo I thought it was a spoof but it is just the very thick New Zealand accents. This concept must mean they are certain to sell it into New Zealsnd.

Hopefully they are not hinging the show on the inter country rivalry but have also cast some interesting personalities.

The previous two Australian seasons have been crackers however this year SEVEN decided to produce the show in house.

The Amazing Race Australia v New Zealand on SEVEN this year.

1 emp { 06.06.14 at 12:10 am }

Looks like Bogan v Kiwis. I’ll be watching fo sho.

2 Twinkle { 06.06.14 at 9:17 am }

Wow, this looks like fun!

But I live in New Zealand and haven’t heard a thing about it … I wonder how they cast it? (Or maybe they just approached a few talent agencies looking for beautiful, fit, active, people – as seems to be the way with some of these shows).

3 Chrissie { 06.06.14 at 2:40 pm }

Oooo I just love that the promo has such a sense of humour!!! Looks fun with some incredible places. Can’t wait!!!

4 Twinkle { 06.06.14 at 2:55 pm }

LOLz … They should’ve had Brooke from House Rules whining in the background, “It’s not fehhhh!”

5 Anonymous { 06.08.14 at 10:02 pm }

There are lots of Kiwis living in Australia….

It is hard to tell alot from the that promo, i just really hope TARAU haven’t completely overhauled the format. There is a reason The Amzing Race (US) has been goiing for 20+ seasons they have found a format that works, and apart from a few tweaks here and there, they have stuck with it!

6 Anonymous { 06.25.14 at 11:12 pm }

Typically… The game has been rigged to favour Australia. Why are all the kiwi’s fat!

7 Sioux Denim { 07.17.14 at 10:38 pm }

I bloody hope they travel further from Aus and NZ!! It looks like a great season, anyone heard a start date?

8 Riggedreality { 07.17.14 at 11:45 pm }

I’ll be watching this too.I love the US version & have been seeing it religiously… #5 Anonymous : hope your right & they don’t mess w/ the format.Keep it as it is.

9 Fijane { 07.22.14 at 6:58 pm }

Will there be recaps here for this show? Not watching the block this year (killed by two seasons of the twins) and would love to get absorbed in this.

10 Reality Raver { 07.22.14 at 9:56 pm }

Fijane – yes there will be recaps for The Amazing Race Aust.

11 daisy { 07.22.14 at 10:17 pm }

Oooh Twinkle, sorry. No wonder you didn’t like my NZNTM generalization. But it is more a reference to the standard of make over. I don’t like the Aussie or US makeovers much either.
I think the Euros do it best.

To make it up to you I will vote for NZ for AR.
Actually I won’t care which country, as long as nice people win.