Update: House Rules – Most Of The Couples Have Other Properties?
Just spotted on Woman’s Day that they have done an expose on House Rules and who owns what properties.
According to Woman’s Day, five out of the six renovating couples aren’t the battlers they’ve been portrayed as, with each couple owning at least two properties – in one case worth up to $2.3 million.
Only the eliminated Tasmanian team of Brooke and Grant were found to be genuine “Aussie battlers” struggling to pay off their $262,000 family home.
While an entry condition for the show states that the renovated house must be the contestant’s “primary home”, an insider says for most of the couples the program was simply a “business decision” that would see the homes quickly sold or rented for profit.
After an “extensive investigation”, the mag reports:
* Carole and Russell claimed they were so strapped for cash they desperately needed the show to help them pay off their mortgage, but Woman’s Day claims “the pair are more than used to luxury living” and have amassed a $2.3 million property portfolio. One waterfront property alone, which is described as “an entertainer’s heaven” is reportedly currently on the market for $1.17 million. They are also joint owners of a luxury apartment with a $650,000 price tag.
* Candy and Ryan who this week confirmed their split, exchanged contracts on their Western Sydney property just weeks before filming and hadn’t even lived there prior to camera crews turning up. A neighbour claims a truck full of furniture from the Salvation Army turned up to make the house look lived in. Only Ryan’s name is on their renovated property and he owns another home in the same suburb.
* Bomber and Mel own a house each in Adelaide, both worth around $400,000. Fans claim they weren’t househunting after their first date to start a new life together, but rather Mel reportedly rushed to buy another home after being approved for the show. They therefore have three homes between them.
* Lisa and Adam also own another four-bedroom house worth $520,000 and neighbours living next to the house which appears on the show claim they don’t live there, have hardly ever seen them and the lights are never on. Both have claimed they were so desperate to get a free home makeover that they postponed their wedding.
* Maddi and Lloyd also own two properties which total approximately $940,000.Woman’s Day claim it’s unlikely they have an attachment to the rundown beachside home as it’s the second in their expanding portfolio. An insider claims the value has nearly doubled on the shabby home.
Adam and Lisa are denying the claims, and other people on this site are claiming Brooke was not living with Grant and all those kids in the house.
Unfortunately being in Thailand I can’t see the full article. I presume Russell and Carole are one team and Ryan is another one. But who else owns property?