Masterchef Australia – Another Gone But Possibly Not For Long

Georgia was eliminated last night from Masterchef Australia after a disastrous cook for her however lucky for her she did not get to rest for long as it is comeback kitchen week.

This is always controversial but I always like it as there is usually someone that has been unfairly eliminated. Ironically this year there has not been, but there are a couple of people I would not be unhappy to see in the competition again like Sarah and Tash.

Georgia completely stuffed up the The pressure test was to replicate Rose Tea Chicken Tikka Masala by Vikas Khanna. However she forgot to turn her sous vide machine on so of course it was raw. She then pan fried it but over cooked it.

Laura was also concerned she had undercooked the chicken but it turned out to be fine and it was her sauce that was the problem.

Amy is showing she knows how to perform under pressure again getting the dish of the day, with Renae also safe.

Last week before flying out I did a Media Week Podcast with Renae Smith who talked about her time on Masterchef. There are no spoilers but she is definitely interesting to listen to. Amongst a wide ranging conversation we talked about the list that the contestants were given this year about what they should know how to cook. Which could be the reason we are not hearing the phrase “I have never done that before”.

1 Mayu { 06.25.14 at 7:16 pm }

I am sorry LKK!!! :( I promise, i usually get good grades!!!!
And they are all really sweet people to help me out!!! I love them all!!!
Daisy: I ma not a gulab jamun person!!! I fancy jalebis and rasgullas!! and Modak! Dont know if you have had these delicacies!

2 Littlepetal { 06.25.14 at 7:29 pm }

Really not liking this Power Apron. Whoever win it tomorrow will have power for the whole week. They really want this person to win.

3 Littlepetal { 06.25.14 at 7:35 pm }

I think the intro credits still have Georgia but no Tracy.

4 emp { 06.25.14 at 7:39 pm }

Emelia sob story spare me

5 Smythe { 06.25.14 at 7:43 pm }

I procrastinated doing my assignments, waiting until the last moment, but did hand them in on time and always did well. Not advising anyone else to do that, though.

Lulu…I thought it was going to be Paul.

6 Erin { 06.25.14 at 7:47 pm }

I think all Brent can do is French lamb…

7 Littlepetal { 06.25.14 at 7:49 pm }

Agree, Erin. And Amy always doing soup. She is a grumpy woman. Surprised that Jamie was very nice about it.

8 Simon { 06.25.14 at 7:50 pm }

Sarah’s looking like she’s a prime example why a formerly eliminated contestant shouldn’t be return to the comp. Hope she lifts her game.

9 daisy { 06.25.14 at 7:53 pm }

Mayu, I forget the names atm but I love all the ground nut sweets.
One I recall is ladoo. I forget the spelling. I love gulab jamun but I like them with ice cream.

As you can tell though, I am not really a sweet person 😉

10 daisy { 06.25.14 at 8:00 pm }

LKK, I was mature age so I was a conchy. Also juggling three teenagers I couldn’t mess about.

Mayu, do you say “cheeee”. I grew up with ” ayo”, “cheeee” and “cootoos”. Well I didn’t literally grow up with cootoos.
Granny used to roll the curry and rice in her hands to feed us.
She was gorgeous. So mad.

11 Littlepetal { 06.25.14 at 8:01 pm }

Ben doing more talking to the camera and he sounded happy. Maybe red team is doing better than what is shown.

But it all about but the donation so even food is not great you can still win

12 daisy { 06.25.14 at 8:02 pm }

Edith@250. C’mon. There must have been something.

Still, you’re pretty cool.

13 Littlepetal { 06.25.14 at 8:14 pm }

What is Laura doing in the kitchen? Not much screen time on Laura.

14 emp { 06.25.14 at 8:19 pm }

Is this the sarah show?

15 bad me { 06.25.14 at 8:23 pm }

Sarah looks like a meerkat.

16 Littlepetal { 06.25.14 at 8:24 pm }

There is a new thread for tonight episode.

17 Simon { 06.25.14 at 8:25 pm }

Littlepetal, Laura’s a bit player, only doing small elements or sides. Unless she massive screws something up, doubt she will get any screen time. Would have been nice if there was less Ben and more other people doing the interview pieces.

emp, it may as well be but what a shitty show. Mid-season replacements tend not to be that great so it’s following form of sorts. The Sarah haters are going to be braying tonight, especially if they win.

18 Erin { 06.25.14 at 8:30 pm }

Finally. No Laura or her nonna.

19 LKK { 06.25.14 at 9:03 pm }

Mayu – don’t say sorry to me! Good luck! I hope you do really well in your studies. I love seeing students develop in their studies and achieve their career dreams.
Lulu – I teach in allied and public health (I don’t want to be more specific and blow my cover lol)
Daisy – I like all my students, mature age students are great for many reasons. Super organised (because they have to be), life experience and great conversations to be had! From personal experience I know how hard it is to go back to study as you get ‘older’.
Going back to the show at hand. This will be my first actual comment about the show by the way! I have been reading RR for a couple of years and never posted til now. Maybe I am procrastinating as I have so much marking to be done 😉 but anyway, I do not like Sarah. Something about her that I can’t completely put my finger on – seems a bit snooty, and obviously the judges love her which grates. Also my hubby doesn’t mind seeing her on the tv and never fails to remind me of that. But that has nothing to do with my feelings of course!

20 Mayu { 06.25.14 at 9:06 pm }

Spelling of Ladoo is spot on!!! I dont know what ground nut sweets you are talking about!!
Cheee is when sommeone gets very dirty or simply speaks dirty! Not used that often now though!!!
Ayo is usually spoken in south india!!! but is a term to express shock!!!
Hot gulab jamun with ice cream is something every single restaurant prides for serving!!! Its about time they change the dish (Deconstructed version maybe) :p
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Awadhi_jalebi.jpg Jalebi
http://cookcurrynook.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/rasgulla1.jpg Rasgulla!!!
Thanks LKK!!!

21 Zhee { 06.25.14 at 9:37 pm }

Ahh, I regret that I ate up all the left over Turkish Nougat yesterday evening… Duh. -.- And I regret that I started reading all your comments instead of cleaning up the balcony (but it looks like it will rain anyway today, so the rain will surely clean everything…).

PS: Mayu, I regret that I cannot help you with your assignment because my 8.6 kilo cat has eaten up all my notes. 😛 I shouldn’t have wrapped them around tuna!

22 daisy { 06.25.14 at 9:38 pm }

LKK I spent my uni years in the 70s at Trigg Beach. I actually enjoyed it more when I was in my 30s.

Mayu, on cheeee. Yes I know. As I said, we grew up with it. I love all those words from my childhood. George licking his knife: cheeeee. Plus Granny had lots of made up words.

When I was in Udaipur, Lake Piccola Hotel, the waiter was confused when I asked for ice cream with my gulab. He was, “What? What?” They came out separately.

23 daisy { 06.25.14 at 9:54 pm }

Ooooh, oooh, Zhee. I have been waiting for you.
I have to have an anaethetic tomorrow. Just a twilight but they feel the same to me.

24 daisy { 06.25.14 at 9:59 pm }

Zhee you sound like my uni friend who used to say FU, why did you get an A and I got a C. And then I would point out the coffee rings on her cover page 😆 and say, start by not having breakfast on it.

25 Walt Disney { 06.25.14 at 10:09 pm }

Jowlsy I will see you in court for stealing Minnie Mouse’s accessories.

26 Littlepetal { 06.25.14 at 10:12 pm }
27 Zhee { 06.25.14 at 10:12 pm }

Oh, good luck to you tomorrow. :)

Hmm, when I was actually a student, I was pretty well organized. Only when it comes to cleaning up the apartment and it involves parts I hate, I let it slip for a few days or until last minute. Most of the time I’m cleaning up a lot due to having two cats.
I mean, who on earth needs a clean balcony? 😀 I would have only done it because I can’t stand that the one half of it which isn’t covered by the roof shows dirty tiles, the other half doesn’t. 😉

28 daisy { 06.25.14 at 10:24 pm }

Don’t worry Zhee, I wasn’t really judging you by one self effacing comment made in jest.
And thanks on the well wishing. I will try not to freal out. I will just imagine I am Sarah, shackled to the slab, waitingbto have my ovaries harvested, or Helena shackled in the barn, waiting to be artificially inseminated by a cult leader. I should be fine.

Thanks Littlepetal. Just watching now.

29 LKK { 06.25.14 at 10:56 pm }

Good luck with the anaesthetic daisy – I’m with you the twilight feels the same as proper anaesthetic to me, knocks me out completely. Not complaining though I think I prefer it that way. Having one myself next month so thinking of you it does knock the body around a bit so rest up and be kind to yourself.

30 Riggedreality { 06.26.14 at 2:08 am }

Simon,Smythe,Bdd etc: The pleasure is all mine.:)

#128 Simon..yup I know …you did put up the links for Tash’s net presence,so I know all her updates thx to u incl. radio int.I get you,n that’s exactly what I meant when I said no nonsense cooking – she just got on her job w/ whatever ingredients she had,no fuss or clumsiness n delivered(as usual).She’ll go places.As the saying goes God helps those who help themselves!Kudos to people like Rishi,Brendan & her who actually get out there & pursue their passion.

PS: Smartie Queen hasn’t done anything 2 me ;-p.Its just that I can’t stand her self anointed belief of being The dessert queen.What gets to me is that she begrudges fellow contestants their “sweet” (pun intended) successes.Case in pt.;When Stooges praised Laura’s pannacotta in the group challenge(along w/ Sam n bestie),camera pans her face n expression reads ‘Really,u got 2b kiddin’ me?No way!mine’s the best,I’m the best…blah..’n Of course, all the challenges when Tash outperformed her..wedding cake etc..

As mentioned by #80 Dubliner on previous thread,not only “sore loser” but misplaced over confidence in her abilities.Plain as day in 2nite’s challenge… When there is no team member to make a scapegoat of…Oh I forgot the figs were mebbe not good enuff…but wait isn’t it the sponsor’s Coles fresh produce…damn can’t blame it on that…poor little me.
Also,she goes all cocky n arrogant n when she can’t take the heat in the kitchen,throws in da towel(read turns on the taps) & plays to the galleries apparently trying to gain sum brownie points for her so called ‘sensitive’ side.I dunno who said it on some previous thread(perhaps RR?)but MPW saw right thru her.Not happenin at all.
Oops I did it again today!.Enuff of da sob stories…Wat BS.

#138 Smythe With you on everything except ponytails presentation.”At this level of the competition”,found his plating left a lot to be desired especially when a double yum dish was dismissed as too simple.Re Tash,I hear you & hope she goes the Jennifer Hudson(Idol US) way.

BDD#131#197 – ROFL,LMAO
Eliza #211,#157Adrianna copy that

31 Riggedreality { 06.26.14 at 2:26 am }

Crap, I’m so PIssed rite now

32 Riggedreality { 06.26.14 at 2:28 am }

Crap, I’m so PIssed rite now

33 Riggedreality { 06.26.14 at 2:34 am }

Crap, I’m so PIssed rite now

34 Eliza { 06.26.14 at 2:42 am }

LOL! ^

LKK, I finished uni recently and I still heard “Ps get the degrees”. I can say I never ‘passed’ any assignment (only Design TAFE bc some subjects were P or F). That would have been a fail to me. Anything below a D and I was most upset.

Daisy, I went to uni as ‘mature age’ too haha.. I felt so old 3 years older than most of the heard 😉 but I felt like I was in high school at the campus I went to. I never really started at the last minute, but would always still be in a rush at the end, no matter what because I would keep perfecting/procrastinating while I was working! Zhee, I was pretty organised, too. Now at uni there really was a girl who did a number of assignments last minute and she aced them.. Btw, the 70s must have really been a great time, my mum loved them too 😉 She went to uni while my brother and I were in school too! OHHH and best of luck for tomorrow.. well, today!