Reality Tidbits – A Wrap Up Of Stories Of The Week

Here is a wrap up of all the stories I have missed due to being on holidays:

There may need to be a exorcism in the new run down hotel that has been brought for The Block. There was a grisley murder there. It will be interesting to see if this will affect auction prices. (Souce: SMH)

Fear and loathing is occurring in Melbourne as producers from Foxtel decide which of the Real Housewives of Melbourne will be back for season two. Apparently other Melbournites are currently being wined and dined. (Source: SMH)

Michelle Bridges is teaming with Blackmores to produce “health” products and also she says that everyone should be able to find the time to train. (Source: News.com.au)

An interview with the very charming Charlie Allibone from Selling Houses Australia. (Source: TV Tonight)

Candy Spelling tells why daughter Tori barely inherited anything from her father after he died. She must think her spending habits are worse then her putting her life on a reality TV show. (Source: Daily Telegraph).

Remember when Channel NINE had Kitchen Nightmares on  about three times a week? Well no more as Gordon Ramsay has announced the series is over. It had probably gone on for too long and it appears 60 per cent of the restaurants he went to “help” ended up closing down. (Source: NY Mag)

Keith Urban will be back along with Harry Connick Jr and Jennifer Lopez for another season of Amercian Idol. They are great judges but unfortunately ratings continued to slide.

Apparently Honey Boo Boo has turned into a monster. (Source: Salon)

Celebrity Apprentice Australia star Lauren Eagle must be glad she is out of her relationship with Todd Carney after this weekend’s debacle. (Source: News.com.au)

1 Carol (without the e) { 06.30.14 at 11:15 am }

I’m sorry if this sounds bitchy… but Tori Spelling did inherit one thing from her father… a very unfortunate facial resemblance.

They showed a snippet from her reality show on TODAY this morning and she was giving her husband an “oh my God what are you saying” look… and the camera lingered on her for a while.

Oh dear… I won’t go on… I’m sure you get what I mean.

Anyone that was watching TODAY will know the restraint I’m showing by stopping now.

2 brain dead dave { 06.30.14 at 11:21 am }

I think Todd Carney has earned a mention on this list this week. Things got out of hand for him.

3 daisy { 06.30.14 at 11:31 am }

Speaking of exorcism RR, you might need an exorcistbfor the gremlins on your blog now.

Carol, I think we knew Tori Spelling inherited more than money and a couple of acting jobs from her dad.
I think of others who have struggled with their ‘inheritance’ :
Chloe Lattanzi, Carrie Fisher.

4 Twinkle { 06.30.14 at 11:34 am }

Gosh, they really do need to shake The Real Housewives of Melbourne up … not only in the casting, but they need to bring a storyline editor or two on so that the next series is not focused on one story (Gina).

Given the choice, I’d get rid of Janet, Jackie and Gina. Janet is boring, crass and uninteresting (unless she agreed to let us see some of her property development projects and inside her house more than last series); Jackie is a CUB; and Gina … well, give the lady her own show if she wants it, but she doesn’t fit with this franchise.

Love them or loathe them, Janet, Lydia and Chyka made the first series – even though they might just want to get rid of Chyka as she was a tad boring (I loved glimpsing into her lifestyle though, and if the second series followed her offshore to some of her parties that would be amazing).

I actually think that reality series about the WAGs was a little more entertaining than the first series of The Real Housewives of Melbourne, but with a bit of tweaking it could be much better … otherwise, it’s going to find itself in the same place as The Real Housewives of Vancouver, who just continued with their lame, one, storyline of ganging up on one cast member … down the gurgler, with lawsuits threatened left, right and centre.

If the Producers of The Real Housewives of Melbourne are reading this … hire me to help with the storylines! I am a true real housewife and can tell you what makes for great storylines as I watch all of the franchises! Ha! 😉

5 Twinkle { 06.30.14 at 11:45 am }

Oh, and re Tori – this is another of my pet subjects 😉

Candy has had it out for Tori since she was born as Tori had a very special bond with her father, which her mother was jealous of. Her latest ‘expose’ is just another way of digging the knife in even deeper.

The true reason why she was not left any more than a piddly $800k (ha!) was because she left her first husband for Dean, and her father was not happy. She wasn’t even on speaking terms with him when he died.

I like Tori and feel empathy towards her … despite growing up in luxury and having any material thing she wanted, she has never seemed truly happy, which she’s ‘sort of’ hinted at in her books. She also seems lonely – aside from her friend Mehrat, she seems to have few really good friends.

With her $800k inheritance, she leased, and renovated, a bed and breakfast place, which she told TV cameras they owned (nope; just leased), but hey – it got her a start in reality TV, with many series after that. Here’s a link to the B&B: http://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g32369-d286215-Reviews-Oak_Creek_Manor_Luxury_Bed_and_Breakfast-Fallbrook_California.html

After they moved back to Los Angeles, they made a number of poor real estate decisions – they bought and sold a few houses, losing quite majorly on them, and falling into massive debt, having to eventually rent (they were kicked out of their last rental for non-payment).

Among all this, pressured by Dean, Tori kept having kid after kid after kid … just about dying in the process of having the last one.

And just when things are about as bad as they possibly can be … they had to close down their homewares store, and her reality series run with Oxygen was cancelled … she found out Dean had cheated on her.

Where was Candy in all of this? Well apparently she helped ‘a bit’ financially – so she says – but why couldn’t she let the family move into one of the many apartments she owns in her new building? (They did ask – she said no).

Horrible, horrible woman … Tori is the one who is maintaining dignity by saying nothing on this.

Viewers of Tori’s shows will know that she has a hoarding programme … she had to hire quite a few offsite storage sheds to house all of her purchases, plus she put quite a few of her finds up for sale on her store’s website – so Candy’s “revelations” are nothing new.

#TeamTori!

6 daisy { 06.30.14 at 11:49 am }

Thanks, Twinkle. That was interesting about TS.

7 Twinkle { 06.30.14 at 11:53 am }

I felt like we saw a softer side of Michelle Bridges in this year’s series of The Biggest Loser. I hope it returns.

One thing I was left at shaking my head over, from that series, was when the contestants got to turn the tables on the ‘Train the Trainer’ episode … Commando looked really unfit and was struggling to even get up after his session!

~ ~ ~

I love Selling Houses Australia – Andrew, Shayna and Andrew are so lovely and their work is so inspirational.

8 Bolders { 06.30.14 at 1:29 pm }

Not surprised that Jennifer Lopez is back as a judge.

Given the uncomfortably looooooong lingering shots of her watching each performance, someone in production loves her.

9 Gabby { 06.30.14 at 3:57 pm }

Go Twinkle! Loved all you had to say.
Never knew all that about Tori and now will look at the girl differently.
I also agree the producers of Melbourne Housewives should hire you or else this will be their last season if it is anything like the first.
Todd Carney can just do one and not come back.

10 Bolders { 06.30.14 at 4:35 pm }

Can I take it low brow for a moment: how on earth does one engage in a “lewd act” with oneself at a urinal a la Todd Carney?

I’m imagining all sorts of things…

11 Carol (without the e) { 06.30.14 at 4:40 pm }

You haven’t seen the pictures?

12 Bolders { 06.30.14 at 4:47 pm }

They’re blurred Carol sans e.

13 Carol (without the e) { 06.30.14 at 4:57 pm }

I can’t find an unblurry one to link to… but just know that he’s having a very unconventional drink… from himself…

14 Carol (without the e) { 06.30.14 at 5:04 pm }

OK since we are all adults here… and since I’ve already described the incident (so you know what your eyes are likely to see)… here’s a link to an unedited picture. Well there are very valid comments but the usually blurred bit is clear.

15 brain dead dave { 06.30.14 at 5:36 pm }

That’s what I call taking the piss out of yourself.

16 daisy { 06.30.14 at 5:46 pm }

Carol without at 14. This is where you could see my cartoons.
Several possibilities vaguely come to mind that would answer your question and they all involve agility.

17 daisy { 06.30.14 at 5:48 pm }

Thanks for the photo Carl.
$5m and he still couldn’t but a drink at the bar?

18 Carol (without the e) { 06.30.14 at 5:48 pm }

I hold my breath as I type this… but just because he’s at a urinal… are we to believe it’s urine???

19 daisy { 06.30.14 at 5:49 pm }

I guess he is a proponent of urine recycling.
But someone should let him know, that’s not what it means.

20 daisy { 06.30.14 at 5:52 pm }

Carol, it csme out of his Willie so I suppose it is.
Unles when you earn $5m a year you start pissing champagne.

I don’t care if he wants to drink his own wee. It beats water restrictions.

21 Carol (without the e) { 06.30.14 at 5:54 pm }

Daisy… use your imagination…

22 daisy { 06.30.14 at 5:55 pm }

Thank God he didn’t get hungry.

23 daisy { 06.30.14 at 5:58 pm }

How is it going to work for him when he has kids?

“Joey. Don’t pick you nose and eat it. Oh and by the way…..don’t drink your wee either”.

24 daisy { 06.30.14 at 5:59 pm }

I bet his mates decline when he offers, “My shout”.

25 daisy { 06.30.14 at 6:06 pm }

Don’t you just love not being young in the cyber gen.

My only embarrassing photo is the one my mum has of me in her loungeroom, taken when I was 12 and had my hair behind my ears.

Teenagers these days can’t even get their friends to pull over while they throw up, without everyone getting their phones out. Click. Click.

26 brain dead dave { 06.30.14 at 6:08 pm }

I saw a monkey do this at the Zoo when I was four years old. Humanity hasn’t advanced much when confronting incidents like this occur. I think I saw on one of those nature docos that Sharks are attracted to urine.

27 Izobel2 { 06.30.14 at 6:34 pm }

I love Selling Houses Australia and the crew as well, Twinkle!
Ps your name is so cute!

28 PoRk ChOp { 06.30.14 at 6:55 pm }

Thanks carole (without the e). Oh, so that’s what people mean when they say “having a piss up.”

Here’s another pic of him: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203243512185848&set=a.1804917199945.2097050.1150331875&type=1&theater

29 daisy { 06.30.14 at 7:06 pm }

The karma sutra of urination. 😆

Now I can’t go do a wee without thinking I’m just boring.
You gotta appreciate creativity.

30 daisy { 06.30.14 at 7:10 pm }

Izobel, I love that in the midst of all the rude Tinkle Talk, you are maintaining your dignity and keeping your mindcout of the toilet.
But doesn’t Twinkle rhyme with Tinkle.
Gotcha. 😆

31 kim { 06.30.14 at 8:47 pm }

OMG THERE IS AN ASIAN ON THE NEW BLOCK!!!

32 kim { 06.30.14 at 8:51 pm }

but don’t worry, his wife is white. phew. almost had a multicultural heart attack. don’t do that again scotty cam.

33 Georgie { 06.30.14 at 10:08 pm }

Many years ago I bought a property and the previous owners left a billy goat behind when they left. It didn’t take me long to work out why. He used to pee in his mouth – ugh! His beard was all stained yellow and his stench was unbearable. To this day, I can’t stand the smell of goats or the taste of their meat, milk or cheese because of that foul smell.

34 Maz { 06.30.14 at 11:02 pm }

Can’t wait for the judges to well up when one of the contestants frames a newspaper article featuring the murder as a touching tribute to the past occupant.

The hotel looks a bit out of place. Dare I say-eyesore.

35 daisy { 06.30.14 at 11:08 pm }

Tonight Hamish and Andy were discussing what should happen to the peeing footballer.
They suggested make a fountain.

36 Eliza { 07.01.14 at 12:26 am }

In some ways I feel sorry for Todd Carney.. his IQ must be so low I am surprised he remembers his own name and which team he was playing for. Sheesh, the guy doesn’t learn a lesson. From memory he was playing pretty well when he was at the Roosters but of course was another team he got dumped from for being an idiot. Daisy, he is like Mark Orlando.. “shocked” about this photo getting out.. but, you were there, right? You peed into your own mouth? You let the photo be taken? You know about that thing called social media? Yes.. and you’re still shocked?

I liked Tori Spelling on 90210.

I like Selling Houses Australia. Shaynna was good at the Home Show a few years ago and mum was able to tell Andrew how much we enjoy the show.. haha!

37 Reality Raver { 07.01.14 at 2:38 am }

I thought about putting a link in but thought I might get bollocked for it!

Kim – I know an Asian I wonder how they convinced them to go on the programmed. It will be not great if they are the series villain we will never see a non-anglo on the show again.

Twinkle thanks for Tori info, I tend to like her.

38 Reality Raver { 07.01.14 at 2:43 am }

Daisy = I am trapped in Kidzania for hours tomorrow so will start the exorcism then… It is annoying the crap out of me.

39 daisy { 07.01.14 at 10:28 am }

I am having Cat in the Hat visions RR. The end when the house was collapsing and swirling.

40 all happening { 07.01.14 at 12:15 pm }

I am having withdrawals, not being able to get annajjj’s house rules recap. Is it hidden somewhere, please?

41 daisy { 07.01.14 at 12:37 pm }

all happening,anajiii has been trying to sendit in.

42 Bolders { 07.01.14 at 12:42 pm }

I just got this now – Carole sans e thanks (??) for sending the link of the photo.

WTF!

It’s one of those things you see in your life that you know will make everything else just a little bit uglier.

All because a grown man grabs his junk and tries to piss in his mouth.

43 Carol (without the e) { 07.01.14 at 12:46 pm }

I saw an interview with the guy that took the photo.

He said he sent the photo to his brother… and then his brother’s phone was stolen… and then the photo was posted online.

He also said that, at no time did any urine enter Todd’s mouth.

Gee… we all feel so much better now don’t we?

Stolen… yeah right!!

44 brain dead dave { 07.01.14 at 12:52 pm }

There’s probably hundreds of boys today , at recess or lunchtime ,flat out like lizards trying “bubbling” and emulating their role model.

That stolen phone excuse has been used before by NRL players.

45 Bolders { 07.01.14 at 5:27 pm }

Answers the question: “What would you do if you had 5 Million dollars?”