Masterchef Australia Applications Now Open For Next Year

If you think you can out cook other amateur contestants around the country you should think about applying for next years Masterchef Australia.

The applications are now open on the Masterchef website and you can apply here.

But if you get on be prepared to give up to nearly 30 weeks of your life for filming.

PS The recap will be up early tomorrow morning.

1 Smythe { 07.07.14 at 7:02 am }

Hurry up one and all, your application has to be in by August 3rd. Be sure to do the optional video which shows you crying and sharing a back story which will bring the producers to tears. Real stories or faux drama are both acceptable.

2 brain dead dave { 07.07.14 at 7:40 am }

These will be the best evah cooks seen on Ma$terchef.

3 brain dead dave { 07.07.14 at 8:24 am }

Inability to pronounce even the basic culinary words like “Vinaigrette” an advantage.

4 Mayu { 07.07.14 at 11:09 am }

I can just make Indian! I am not aussie!! Can i apply!!! 😀

5 Smythe { 07.07.14 at 11:21 am }

Collecting cravats as a hobby may impress one of the judges. 😉

6 Andrea { 07.07.14 at 11:23 am }

Well, I just managed to burn my arm with boiling water making a cup of tea so would I be in with a chance?

7 Reality Raver { 07.07.14 at 11:59 am }

I am out as after not cooking for two weeks managed to burn myself three times last night cooking dinner. However I would have the compelling back story of having cooked for the Queen’s French Tutor and a Belgium Princes and it was gammon an ingredient I had neither heard of or cooked before.

8 Bolders { 07.07.14 at 11:33 am }

In addition to mispronouncing words, you must also be prepared to change your vocabulary by using wanky words:

*it’s not meat, chicken eggs or fish, it’s protein
*your sauce isn’t lumpy it’s textured
*you’re never the scapegoat, you’re the captain

Also start practising proper Masterchef techniques:
lick your fingers and touch everything (including your textured sauce) with your hands.

Never wash your hands.

9 Ali { 07.07.14 at 12:11 pm }

When your sauce is too thick and lumpy, you call it “chutney”.

Consider storing ingredients in your hair, because I’m not sure why else the contestants are constantly feeling up their coiffures during the “cook”.

10 Ali { 07.07.14 at 12:12 pm }

RR @8

Since gammon is hind leg of pork, maybe it really should be called back-gammon.

11 Smythe { 07.07.14 at 12:31 pm }

Be sure to double dip your forks and spoons when tasting.
Don’t wipe the sweat off from your face/brow and let it drip into your food.

12 brain dead dave { 07.07.14 at 12:42 pm }

Can you make superficial life long friendships and then break them when you get the Power Apron?

Penchant for under cooked chicken? Pretentious purees? Obsessed with crispy skin? Queer for quinoa? Prepared for Gary to be all over you like Rolf Harris?

Nonna hangups? Prepared to spend selfish absences away from your pre-schoolers? Soil yourself when you meet an alleged “celebrity”chef?.

You could be the next fool in the wanderful Ma$terchef Kitchin.

13 Simon { 07.07.14 at 1:01 pm }

What kind of person do you think would be the producer’s wet dream?

14 Maz { 07.07.14 at 1:12 pm }

Simon@13 A contestant who has an ambiguous cultural background, sub 30, warm and engaging personality, photogenic, articulate and is able to deliver standout dish after dish in their chosen cuisine which has not been previously show-cased on MC while simultaneously conquering the standard MC dishes.

15 Reality Ravings { 07.07.14 at 1:13 pm }

Ali – lol. Can you buy it in Australia?

16 Bolders { 07.07.14 at 1:23 pm }

@BDD #12 – that there Sir, is gold.

A new saying: All over you like Rolf Harris.

and : Queer for Quinoa.

You deserve a hearty ale!

17 Rosie { 07.07.14 at 1:31 pm }

Okay, I think I’m in.
I have had cancer. In fact I am still suffering terribly.*
I am singlehandedly supporting 37 dirt poor god children. **
I have a desperately disfiguring scar on my face that I will ask you in advance to not laugh at.***

Now: the cooking.
I have been cooking homemade pasta for years, although the last time I made it, I inexplicably fucked it up and had to throw out the first three attempts, and panicked dreadfully.****
I can make choux pastry. True! And have made it so many times over the years I don’t need the recipe.

*Not true
**Not true either
***Also not true
****Still not true. I can definitely make pasta. It’s not really hard at all, after the first couple of times.

I have never filleted a whole fish though, but since I have no intention of ever entering a television cooking competition, I’m not ever going to either.

18 brain dead dave { 07.07.14 at 1:37 pm }

Addendum to Rosie’s excellent work.

Amata~ ” Der, it’s my passion to be creative in the kitchen , so I like to ignore the recipes and just use my own measurements”

Cheers, Bolders.

19 Ali { 07.07.14 at 3:33 pm }

I favour using the wanky designer appliances spruiked by one of the main sponsors (Harvey Norman) like the sous vide machine, even though results are extremely patchy.

The pedestrian equipment which home cooks favour like toaster, air fryer – never heard of ’em.

20 Ali { 07.07.14 at 3:45 pm }

I got this: I arrange the “elements” on my plate using tweezers.

21 Bolders { 07.07.14 at 4:53 pm }

The Smear!

Dont forget you have to know how to do a good smear to be a good Mastercheffer – on your plate that is.

22 Sandii { 07.07.14 at 5:00 pm }

Ali at 10 … lol pure gold !

23 Sandii { 07.07.14 at 5:08 pm }

Ali have you seen the new “whisk” thingy that they are using. It is like a stab blender but with a whisk attachement? That is definitely ponsey (spelling?) equipment

24 Smythe { 07.08.14 at 11:53 am }

I sent in my application. I videoed my dogs wearing chefs’ hats and made sure to call them by their names, Preston, Georgie and Mehi. Preston was wearing a polka dot cravat and a plaid jacket. I demonstrated how to cook a croquembouche and while doing this I talked about my dysfunctional family and cried. I told them that I am doing this to help out my family and make everything better for them. I am sure that I will be selected. 😉

25 Ali { 07.08.14 at 12:58 pm }

Smythe, my question (a la Gary) to you is: How much do you REALLY want this?

You can’t stop at just taping your three dogs named after the judges, you have to then demonstrate cooking them 3 ways.

THAT’S the sort of dedication expected of a MasterChef!

26 Smythe { 07.08.14 at 1:54 pm }

Ali :-( I’m not applying for MurderousChef.

27 Calorie Loader { 07.08.14 at 10:56 pm }

P.S. Thanks gice, you’ve all given me a much needed laugh today! BDD@12 exceptional 😆

Albeit late, here is how I imagine a MC 2015 flyer and application would read:

Are you a seriously mediocre or below par cook, and being recognised as such on a national and even international scale titillates you?

Can’t tell your arse from your elbow?..then Masterfarce might just be the tickit.

Do you fit a preferred stereotype or race token the MC brand enjoys representing?
*One pot wonder Indians (dubbed curry or spice kings/queens)
*One pot wonder Middle Easterners (dubbed lamb/fattoush/manoushi/kabooshi queens/kings)
*Token gay (dubbed, just Queens)..being of non Caucasian descent is highly desirable here
*Token Senior..Disclaimer: used only for MC brand to appear unbiased. In actuality, will not last beyond top 24 (never to be disclosed as we are convinced viewers are not privy to this information).
*Suffered multiple life setbacks and are willing to share this repeatedly with viewers? (preferably using highly graphic re-enactments, and as verbal blackmail in any and every elimination situation).
*Fitness or health freaks are a must have ‘cause MC promotes low cost, nutritious, and sustainable foods….Disclaimer: due to Jowsly, Gary, and George’s high fat, high sugar greased palates, beware of elimination shortly after reaching top 24 if you attempt to cook this way.
*Have a food you have not or will not prepare or eat due to ethical or religious reasons? Not to worry. We never force anyone to participate in any activity that makes them uncomfortable…Terms and Conditions: if for some reason you are unable to cook and taste a required protein, this will result in instant elimination.
*Under 30, impressionable, and willing to sell your soul..and body to the 3 stooges?

Like turning people green at the gills from raw bird products? You could be looking at an apprenticeship with the esteemed Judge and chef George.C.

Got hours to kill? You could enjoy up to 8 hours daily in front of a camera watching your 30 min meal go stone cold.

Seconds left on the clock and just can’t get enough chats?

Want to ensure you begin doubting every action and decision you make on national telly? Our judges can help you with some ol school mind fu**ery!

Prepared to be fluffed up (and possibly touched up) by the 3 stooges only to hit the ground HARD when you’re thrown out on your arse back into the real world?

Want to make a guest appearance on future MC shows as a well-respected pro like Emma Dean or Ben and Andy to help flog this dead horse some more?

If you tick any or all of these boxes….Welcome to MC 2015!!

28 Littlepetal { 08.28.14 at 7:21 pm }

Are they not getting people to apply?

Initially the application close on Aug 3. Then extended to Aug 25. Now extended again to Sept 9

29 Zaz the exotic { 08.28.14 at 8:58 pm }

Yes Littlepetal I was wondering why I was seeing the ad calling for applications again. Maybe Australia is running out of best evah cooks.

30 daisy { 08.28.14 at 9:22 pm }

MC has lost credibility. Plus no one wants the media scragging

31 monalisa { 09.18.14 at 3:22 pm }

hi , i am a Indian and my partner is a Aussie ,can i apply for Master Chef competition .Thanx . Lisa