OPEN POST: Tuesday General Discussion

This is a new section to the blog for where people can chat about topics other then reality TV. Things like other TV shows, current affairs, quirky things of interest you found on the web or even about the person you have a crush on at work….

Today is my youngest child’s sixth birthday. So I had to have Macdonalds for lunch.

Also here is a clip that has 25 News Bloopers even though it has mainly US content, the time Grant Denyer passed out in a plane is in it and there are a few other laugh out loud moments.

If you find a funny picture or clip on the web and I will use it for the daily general post.

1 Deano { 07.12.14 at 6:27 pm }

100 comments on this thread. standing ovation….
Pretty good effort for non reality comments on reality TV blog site…
I watched a good episode of The Simpsons today. Bart & Lisa went to Waverley Hill elementary. Caitlin, Katelyn and Kate Lynn were hilarious. Mean girls…

2 daisy { 07.12.14 at 6:54 pm }

Not there yet sorry Lulu. Destination Penang tomorrow night. Maybe in time for chicken inchi Kabin.

I said it on another thread but if I am quieter than usual, it’s because RR ig going COOKOO on me. It HATES ME. crying emo.

3 daisy { 07.12.14 at 6:56 pm }

Deano, gotta admit. Simpsons has great writers.

I remember it from it’s birth on Tracey Ulman Show years and years ago.

4 Smythe { 07.13.14 at 12:27 am }

Lulu, saw “Extant” and it was interesting w/ some surprises but I will try another episode or two before I determine if it’s worth continuing to watch. Don’t want to say too much more about it because I wouldn’t want to spoil it for those who may be planning on watching it.

“Blink” was one of the better Doctor Who episodes, IMO. The angels were also in “The Time of the Angels” and “The Time of the Doctor”. New episodes of Doctor Who will start late next month.

5 daisy { 07.13.14 at 3:14 pm }

Blink got me into watching Dr Who for awhile. There was also another good few eps with some oldcfashioned looking scary people that I think came after the scary angels.

6 daisy { 07.13.14 at 3:19 pm }

I watched World WarvZ with Brad Pitt last night because they seem to have a lot of horror on hotel TVs in Thailandcand Malaysia. But all swear words are bleeped in M. So it was “bleep. Bleep. Bleep”.

Anyhow rubbish movie but good effort on the zombies. Really good zombies.

7 Smythe { 07.13.14 at 3:43 pm }

Daisy, I didn’t like World War Z either. I agree with you about the Zombies. They were the best part of the movie. Today I watched some extremely bad B horror movie, “Slither”. Nathan Fillion (Castle) and Michael Rooker (Walking Dead) were in it but they didn’t save the movie. Would have to say it was a horror comedy and maybe that was what it was supposed to be. I don’t know why I watch this garbage.
A few weeks ago I saw “The Grand Budapest Hotel” and I can highly recommend that! It was funny and clever.

8 lulu { 07.13.14 at 6:46 pm }

I agree. You’d think that with a huge budget, they could’ve made a decent zombie movie, but World War Z was dull.
Shaun of the Dead is rollicking good fun, and for excellent pure scifi, I recommend Moon.

I’ve yet to see Grande Budapest, but I love the theme music.

9 Eliza { 07.14.14 at 12:59 am }

Smythe, watched Grand Budapest Hotel recently too! It is definitely not for everyone. I watched Moonrise Kingdom recently so knew what I was in for. This one was definitely ‘funnier’.. I laughed in a number of places. Don’t get his (Wes Anderson’s) love for random acts of violence against animals though. The one in MR was slightly disturbing. I know it’s only a movie but I can handle people getting hurt/killed, not animals (I will never ever watch movies like The Lion King, Bambi, Skippy, Marley & Me, etc).

Shaun of the Dead is funny, from memory. I watched The World’s End recently. Prob not the funniest of the trio. It was different..

I also watched Warm Bodies recently too. It was.. interesting..

I have no life so watch lots of movies.

10 daisy { 07.14.14 at 1:36 am }

Best zombie in World War Z was the scientist zombie in B wing (I think), near the end, who kept chomping at the air.
Maybe the best, creepiest zombie ever.

What an idiot was Brad Pitt going into that mission with his cell phone on. I thought he was supposed to be a top operative. Ha and he leaves his phone on for the stupid wife to call…”Honey, can you bring home some milk?”.

I was on a plane this arvo when I suddenly remembered how suddenly zombies took over the plane. Instead, we just got peanuts and juice.

11 daisy { 07.14.14 at 1:37 am }

Hey Eliza, what is big school?

12 Riggedreality { 07.14.14 at 9:01 am }

Guten Morgan n Germany have won the WCup 2014 for the fourth time!

13 Riggedreality { 07.14.14 at 9:36 am }

@soccergods: Soccer is a game of inches. So is immortality. #WorldCup pic.twitter.com/dLLaXgCC9e
#102 Ditto – same status quo

14 Riggedreality { 07.14.14 at 9:41 am }

#84 Zhee- Thumbs up to your colleague for recommending TGW to you.Good on her!
#88 Eliza – Yeah,Will’s long gone & I too was one of those who was “shipping”?! ‘Willicia’..however this season has been one of the best ever inspite of the shock dramatic exit of the protagonist’s love interest….such a crying shame its not been nominated for writing,directing,best drama series category for Emmy this year.
Anyway,methinks this year is the Year of Out for Emmy’s, going by all the nominations!
As regards,Peter & Alicia to quote unquote from the serial itself..”We are like Bill & Hilary.” Hilarious.When her brother prods her for more she explains in the marriage for namesake,each can go & do their “own thing”.
#Smythe – Haven’t seen Sleepy Hollow TV series as even the presence of Johnny Depp couldn’t lure me to the slasher flick!!
#Zhee- I love Diane too,especially the scene where she says “she’s through being polite” & ticks off David in another scene.

15 Sandii { 07.14.14 at 9:55 am }

Has anyone watched the new zealand movie Black Sheep. Funniest, alleged scary movie ever. Right up there with Snakes on a plane

16 Smythe { 07.14.14 at 11:04 am }

“Warm Bodies” was a very different kind of Zombie movie. I have seen “Shaun of the Dead” and it was pretty funny. For some reason I have started to watch submarine movies. Yesterday I watched the 1958 “Run Silent, Run Deep” w/ Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster. Overall it was a good film. Today I am watching “K-19, The Widowmaker”. I’m watching too many movies lately and not getting anything done. :-)
Sandii, Never heard of that movie, “Black Sheep”. Sounds like something I might want to check out.

17 Riggedreality { 07.14.14 at 12:10 pm }

#116 Smythe- watched Run silent…good movie.In fact,all WWII movies from the Hollywood stable in that era are cinema gold…Bridge on the River Kwaii, Guns of Navarone,Escape to Victory,Casablanca etc…In fact,have grown up on a staple diet of Hollywood movies of the 50’s & 60’s….
#109 Eliza – I’m a movie buff,life or no life☺.Oh & I would be Holly Golightly.☺http://www.recycledlovelies.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/holly-golightly1.jpg
#39 Daisy – Agree none of the current crop of actresses are in that league.Natalie Portman is an ethereal beauty but not a screen goddess… Scarlett Johansson,Charlie Theron can come close.
Not a Zombie movie fan, just am one!

18 Riggedreality { 07.14.14 at 12:28 pm }

#116 Smythe- watched Run silent…good movie.In fact,all
WWII movies from the Hollywood stable in that era are cinema
gold…Bridge on the River Kwaii, Guns of Navarone,Escape to
Victory,Casablanca etc…In fact,have grown up on a staple diet of
Hollywood movies of the 50’s & 60’s…. #109 Eliza – I’m a
movie buff,life or no life☺.Oh & I would be Holly
#39 Daisy – Agree none of the current crop of actresses are in that
league.Natalie Portman is an ethereal beauty but not a screen
goddess… Scarlett Johansson,Charlie Theron can come close. Not a
Zombie movie fan, just am one!

19 Sandii { 07.14.14 at 1:26 pm }

you should check it out Smythe, it is a doozy

20 Smythe { 07.15.14 at 10:58 am }

Thanks Sandii, I’ll add it to my list.
Rigged… I’m not from the 50s era but I like to watch old movies and not all of the movies from that era are “cinema gold”. There are a few dogs amongst the treasures. I’m including WWII war movie genre as well as other movie categories. I like Film Noir and the 40s and 50s had plenty of that, much more than the 60s onward.

21 Eliza { 07.15.14 at 6:50 pm }

Sandii, yesss I watched Black Sheep many years ago!

22 Sandii { 07.15.14 at 7:11 pm }

Eliza what did you think of it?

23 Eliza { 07.16.14 at 2:28 am }

It was a long time ago so I can’t remember much besides it being ridiculous, in a good way. I am pretty sure it was quite funny. I have have visions of sheep, sheep eating people, people running away from sheep. Did people turn into sheep or something as well?

24 daisy { 07.16.14 at 2:42 am }

Riggety, yes and yes on Charlize and Scarlett coming close to the top. And Angelina can look pretty hot when she doesn’t pump up the lips. She hasn’t got the hot bod though imo.

Will look out for Black Sheep. If it is anything like Flight of the Concords (out of NZ), then I will enjoy it.

Smythe, there is a real gem called, The Bad Seed. An old Black and White.
Also the Innocents with Deborah Kerr. Ooooh, Innocent children.
And when I was a kid, and didn’t know what it was about, there was a ripper with Audrey Hepdurn and Shirley McLean where they were both young teachers. All good oldies.
And who doesn’t love Captain’sCourageous with Spencer Tracey. That movie stands the test of time. I used to show it to my 7yr old students every year.

25 Smythe { 07.16.14 at 9:51 am }

Daisy, I’ve seen “The Bad Seed”…total camp movie, IMO. Creepy but funny at the same time. I liked “The Third Man” with Orson Welles.

26 Riggedreality { 07.17.14 at 3:07 am }

#120 Smythe Oh absolutely!Agree there are some run of the mill,average movies too!BTW, I’m not of the 50’s era too(my reality is more rigged than you can imagine :gen y like Eliza :-p)…just grown up watchin’ the “oldie Goldie’s”(as we use to call them) thanks to my granpa,mom & aunts who were/are huge Hollywood film buffs.

Oh & I love film noir too,all time favorites being The Maltese falcon & The Big Sleep….which makes me want to catch up on some zzz’s.

Zhee- The Good wife S5 finale was shown today…cool cliffhanger…can’t wait for S6 which is to be aired 21st Step in US,so reckon it will be little later for us down under.
Daisy,seen The Innocents but not the The Children’s hour.

27 Sandii { 07.17.14 at 6:55 am }

Eliza, black sheep was so ridiculous it was funny.

28 Zhee { 07.21.14 at 9:30 pm }

Riggedreality, yup the finale was great. I am just a bit sad that it might lead to no more David Lee now. But, as long as they will keep Eli and hopefully more Elsbeth Tascioni (the actress plays my fave on True Blood), I am fine.