The X Factor Australia – Starts Sunday

The X Factor Australia is kicking off earlier this year in the middle of July and will be going head to head with The Voice Kids. The auditions will be screened Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night. Which led to the inevitable story about Kylie and Dani Minogue going head to head in a ratings battle.

What The X Factor has that The Voice has not is successful winners. Samantha Jade, Reece Mastin and Dami Im have successful ongoing careers, whereas The Voice winners have not.

Even Joelle from last year has released a single and has a slick video clip but not sure it is getting airplay on radio.

Check it out below:

This could change this year with a more marketable singer likely to win The Voice Australia.

The X Factor Australia starts Sunday 13 July at 6.30pm on Sunday.

1 Trent { 07.09.14 at 11:42 am }

Love Samantha Jade.. have not heard much from Reece Mastin the last year or so, i guess cockiness can only get you so far.

Think the winner of the voice will be (And should be) who ever is last out of Ricky’s team of Sabrina/Jackson.

2 Eliza { 07.09.14 at 2:34 pm }

Totally agree with your statements, Trent.

Only thing that disappoints me about SJ is that I would like to hear her voice in a more down tempo/power ballad song at some point. I know dance/pop is the trend at the moment but I feel as though her vocals are too good for the songs she is given – same with Dami Im.

Agree that The Voice have the chance to crown a more marketable winner this year. This is why I have always liked X Factor more. I think it should be Jackson or Sabrina.

3 Georgie { 07.09.14 at 5:30 pm }

“X Factor makes superstars” it says?

Okay Ch7, name one!

4 brain dead dave { 07.09.14 at 5:38 pm }

Altijan Juric? Ronan said he was an international superstar.

He’d been drinking with some leprechauns when he said it.

I’ll give X Factor a whirl again.

5 Georgie { 07.09.14 at 5:42 pm }

He must have gone back to his cave bdd?

6 Andrea { 07.09.14 at 9:09 pm }

I much prefer The X Factor over The Voice, more entertaining.
Dami Im was great last year.

7 Twinkle { 07.10.14 at 1:34 am }

So NZ will see it two weeks behind … as we did House Rules (we’re into the finals week at the moment) … but I know who won as I looked online – ha!

The adverts for X Factor have been playing over here in NZ for a good few weeks, with promises that it’s ‘coming soon’ … I guess it’s going to take the place that House Rules currently has on TV3 (Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights).

8 Twinkle { 07.10.14 at 1:37 am }

Oh yes, Altian Childs – wow, what a disappointment he turned out to be. Mind you, there were hints of what he would become during the auditions when he went walkabout.

9 JK { 07.10.14 at 11:55 am }

The guy in the joelle’s video is cute :)

10 John { 07.10.14 at 1:28 pm }

It will be interesting to see if my audition makes the edit this year. I was goaded by producers to say stuff I didn’t mean, but I didn’t give them much material to work with. One of the judges got some pretty big boos about the comments they made about me, so I am thinking if they are going to be a “nasty” judge this year then they will definitely show my audition. I have done reality before and know that the edit can be brutal, so just waiting to see how it goes down this time around.

11 Twinkle { 07.10.14 at 4:28 pm }

@John – oh wow! You’ll have to let us know if you do see yourself on screen. Disappointing that they have to be the ‘mean one’ … probably in the spirit of ratings more than anything else. Good on you for giving it a go though!

These shows seem to be a curse for the majority of the winners – you hardly ever hear of them again. The ones who finish anywhere from 2nd-6th place are usually the ones to watch out for.

12 DamiArmy { 07.11.14 at 10:24 am }

maybe ,u can share the Music Video of the WINNER from last year,who is “joelle”? anyway,damis new single Super Love,is out now and is on chart since MAY, her NEW single is out in 1 month,and her album this year,BIG NEWS!! :)