Dancing With The Stars – Kyly Clark Out Injured

Dancing With Stars wanted to keep their viewers in suspense and it was an hour before they revealed that it was Kyly Clarke who was pulling out of the show because of a bad ham string injury. However, host Daniel Macpherson was quick to say there was an elimination still so the viewers did not reach for their remotes.

First up was Matt Cooper who did a very sexy tango. They both looked like professional dancers. I had not rated him in this show but after that routine, he could be in for quite some time. His wife probably hated it, as Matt and his dancing partner sizzled.

Next was Eamon Sullivan dancing  Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers type quick step. He was good and even got that campness of male roles in the movies of the ’30’s.

April Pengilly, Kirk Pengilly’s daughter did a tame Rhumba, it was a nice but had no wow factor. A bit like a couple of the judges.

David and Melanie were dancing the waltz it was good but it was a bit dull. This is not really their fault as it is the style of dance which has no personality. The good news for them was the judges loved it.

Tai and his partner were doing the jive. After he did a spectacular jump at the beginning he did not do much after that. To be fair it sounds like he had a killer week with his Home and Away commitments.

Mark Holden and Jessica were doing a jazz routine. Mark was dressed as a clown and I just could not get past it. More theatre then dancing and he must have got the lowest score ever getting a total of four points.

Torah Bright did the Samba. The only thing to say is “that was awkward”.

Ricky-Lee did the Rhumba and it was good and now Kyly is out she could have a shot at the title as she has the right mix of personality, fan base and dance skills.

Lynn McGregor the old minx got her sexpot on for the tango. It was more comedic then sizzle but it certainly wasn’t the worse routine for the night and got one of the higher scores.

The score board was:

Eamon & Ash-Leigh 35

David & Melanie  33

Matt and Masha 32

Lynne and Carmelo 32

Ricki-Lee & Jarryd 30

April & Aric 29

Tai & Jorja 23

Torah & Robbie 21

Mark & Jess 4

In a shock outcome Mark Holden did not even land in the bottom two. The bottom two were April Pengilly and Torah Bright. April burst into tears, but suspect no viewer knew who she was.

Update: For those who want to see the Mark Holden Clown dance.

1 Anonymous { 10.15.14 at 8:09 am }

Really? That is all you have to say about the show? They are the only comments on Mark Holden?

2 megan { 10.15.14 at 9:17 am }

TV Tonight blog has an article on Mark Holden’s behaviour last night.

3 Ryan { 10.15.14 at 9:24 am }

Ricki Lee might have the fan base (possibly…maybe) and dancing ability, but personality? There’s nothing right about her personality at all. Zero humility. But yeah, Anonymous is right, Holden’s all anyone can think about right now. Creepiest clown since Tim Curry.

4 all happening { 10.15.14 at 9:35 am }

I was pleased to hear Eddie, on Sunrise, this morning, asking that he get the push or pull out himself. She was totally creeped out.

5 Ryan { 10.15.14 at 9:37 am }

And apparently he was sober…

6 Reality Raver { 10.15.14 at 10:17 am }

Had a gale outside my house last night so was a bit distracted. But for most part I thought he was playing the clown character and then pushed it too far at the end. His little stunt might even improve the ratings. Mark Holden has always been slightly eccentric.

7 Gordy { 10.15.14 at 10:20 am }

Clowns are creepy! Dickhead Holden!

8 brain dead dave { 10.15.14 at 10:39 am }

Rickie Lee was all bumba and no rhumba.

9 lola { 10.15.14 at 10:46 am }

Missed the show last night.
. . . .and I am showing my age here but Mark Holden was creepy back in the day wearing the white suit and singing to the girls with his pink carnation “Can I make you my lady?” Yuk!

Funny comment brain dead dave, all bumba and no rhumba. Ha Ha

10 Reality Raver { 10.15.14 at 10:52 am }

LOL BDD. I thought Ricki-Lee looked fantastic, as opposed to Kyly Clark who looks very underweight, it is like she is a bag of bones with to saline sacks for boobs. To me that was the most shocking thing about the episode last night…

11 Ryan { 10.15.14 at 11:19 am }

I’ve always thought Kyly was stunning…then DWTS happened. Someone get a hamburger, quick!

12 Reality Raver { 10.15.14 at 11:37 am }

Mark Holden should get a bonus with all the publicity for the show he is single handedly resuscitating it.

13 Anonymous { 10.15.14 at 11:56 am }

I think Mark is cleverer than he looks (and that’s ignoring the fact he his a barrister). I thought he was taking the piss purposefully – showing its not about skill, just popularity and seeing how far he can take things.

Mark for the win!

14 brain dead dave { 10.15.14 at 12:02 pm }

It was a failed entertainer doing what he does best~ failing.

15 Veronica { 10.15.14 at 12:28 pm }

What about the speech Kyly made last night? You’d have thought she had just won an Oscar instead of leaving a dance show. She seems like a nice girl but, looks way too tanned and too exercised!

Showing my age too Lola@9…Mark Holden always gave me the creeps as well!

16 lola { 10.15.14 at 1:08 pm }

Just watched DWTS on Youtube.
Mark Holden- That was no “TOUCHDOWN”

Trainwreck television-the most entertaining kind to watch.

17 lola { 10.15.14 at 1:12 pm }

. . . . .there is something extremely disturbing about a creepy CLOWN
Reminded me of the clown in Poltergeist.
I had nightmares for a week after that film.

18 Gidgitvonlarue { 10.15.14 at 1:20 pm }

He is either (Mark H) clinically insane – or was on some pretty out there drugs – or he’s just a total delusional asshole. I’m guessing all three. That behaviour of his during judging was the most uncomfortable insane looney behaviour I’ve seen on TV for a long long time. I feel SO sorry for his partner. I would actually be afraid of him. He’s absolutely humiliated himself on every level. It was not even weird enough to be amusing – just very very sad and uncomfortable. I’m not personally scared of clowns – I’m scared of Mark Holden. Silly old fool.

19 lola { 10.15.14 at 1:29 pm }

I agree with you Gidgit.
His tirade to the judges was uncomfortable to watch. I think he has no filter and appeared quite angry.
Also he is very unfit, I thought he was going to pass out – but not sure if that was part of the act.

20 brain dead dave { 10.15.14 at 1:32 pm }

We can safely assume they weren’t performance enhancing drugs.

A bit too much Xanax to calm the nerves , chased with a couple of complimentaries in the Green Room is enough to make a rusty old Holden start blowing smoke out of it’s exhaust before breaking down completely. Or was he stonkered on $tillnox? I wouldn’t say he had a vice like grip on reality .

Worst tv of it’s kind since John Stamos/KAK..

21 lola { 10.15.14 at 1:51 pm }

There is no fool like an old fool.

The Holden brand is becoming obsolete.

22 Rosie { 10.15.14 at 3:16 pm }

Well… call me an old fool too.
I know it’s a dancing show, but isn’t it about entertainment as well? Because I was sure as hell entertained. In fact I laughed like a drain all through Mark’s act. And I thought the judges were rather poor sports to piss him off so quickly. And RR is right, he is certainly resuscitating the show!

23 lola { 10.15.14 at 3:39 pm }

Well, I haven’t watched the show for years so you maybe right Rosie.

I did laugh when he threw the bucket of blue cellophane/paper onto the judges desk. The look on the faces of the female judges was PRICELESS.
very funny

24 lola { 10.15.14 at 3:41 pm }

…and watching Danny (Do you want some balloons?) in damage control was also entertaining to watch.
He was no match for the clown.

25 Jayblossom { 10.15.14 at 3:46 pm }

Disturbing….very disturbing.

26 Rosie { 10.15.14 at 4:06 pm }

I think too that Mark was 100% expecting to be eliminated, so thought he may as well go out with a bang.

27 Carole { 10.15.14 at 5:23 pm }

Same here Rosie, I was beginning to think I was the only one who liked Marks dance. I thought it was hilarious & was in hysterics all the way through it. I thought the judges were going to love it for the entertainment factor. Todd has praised people before who have not been the best dancers, but have been entertaining. I expect shit scores from Todd, but was shocked at the other 3. What is wrong with people? Have they lost their sense of humour. On Sunrise & Mornings today all they were saying was ‘what was he thinking’? He was in character, like hundreds of others have been before him. I remember Dicko coming out dressed as a green frog, and they loved it. No one criticised him. Everyone needs to lighten up & get a sense of humour. If you can’t dance you make it entertaining & that’s what he did.

It was a shame Kylie had to drop out, but I can understand why she did. She’s not a professional dancer, she doesn’t make a living from it. It’s not worth risking your health for a competition.

28 Dr T { 10.17.14 at 1:58 am }

I don’t mind him taking the piss from 7, but really risking his legal career if he intends to keep practising

29 lola { 10.17.14 at 8:27 am }

Dr T, maybe he is looking at early retirement and this is all part of his plan.
Personally I think he was just having a bit of fun and his sense of humour is just a bit ‘off the wall’. It certainly showed that TV and DWTS take all this far too seriously. I hated when everyone got on the bandwagon and got all sanctimonious about the whole thing. Its entertainment, it maybe not your idea of it but he was giving it his own unique spin.
Lighten up world….

30 brain dead dave { 10.17.14 at 10:01 am }

I think the dancing part of it was fair enough but once he opened his mouth it was obvious that he was too wasted to be on air. He made enough unhinged statements on Australian Idol, he can only spend what he has in purse. Garbage in ,garbage out ,Ch 7

If the comments to judges et al part of his spot was “entertainment” I have to wonder why the embarrassed host was hell bent on getting him to shut up.

31 Carole { 10.18.14 at 7:50 pm }

Even Todd McKenny defended him a bit on The Morning Show the other day and said it was just entertainment.