Open Post: The X Factor Final Live Performance

The final three sang three times last night on the final performance show – an original aka their new single, a cover and a duet.

Marlisa who ha never been in the bottom two must be favourite to win but judges fave Dean Ray should not worry as after a compelling original he will get a record contract.

What did you like about the performances? Who do you think will win?

1 Evan { 10.20.14 at 9:54 am }

The producers want Dean to win.
Yet I suspect that Marlissa will get the title this year.
Both will get record contracts regardless, not sure if B3 will too – not too many all boy groups on the charts these days.

2 all happening { 10.20.14 at 10:41 am }

I wondered what Ronan was saying last night in regard to this link.
Ronan has been very cantankerous this year.
Three really good winners single. Of the 3 singles, I personally liked B3 best. In other songs during the evening Marlissa and Dean had good and bad. They could take votes off each other. There seems a lot of hard core B3 voters.
Just not sure who voters will go for.

3 daisy { 10.20.14 at 11:15 am }

Agree AH, good and bad. The worst of the night for me was probably the duet between JM and Marisa, Both sounded off all through the song. Ronan was even doing the “Oh dear” face.

I like the B3 song, but I can see it ending up being one of those annoying songs that you get sick of after awhile and can’t get it out of your head. Still, for now it’s the most catchy.

If GS and B3 was meant to be a duet, it didn’t come across that way. It was more like GS had B3 as his back-up singers.

I think it has been a popularity contest for awhile and that viewers are voting for who they like for reasons beyond voice, but that is OK imo because it is the XF and the performers need to be liked.

I voted 5 times for B3 just because they are all adorable. I like their music too. I always imagine if I could listen in the car or at home, and usually in these contests the answer is “no”, but I could listen to Dean or B3. I wouldn’t listen to the type of songs Marlisa is singing or Regan sang.

4 Anonymous { 10.20.14 at 12:15 pm }

Marlissa was in the bottom 2 last week…

5 Jozzie { 10.20.14 at 12:18 pm }

On a side note, the order of the judges comments have been going anti clock wise rather than the other way.

6 daisy { 10.20.14 at 12:23 pm }

@4, you can put your sunnies where the sun don’t shine. Pay for your ads.

7 Brad { 10.20.14 at 1:49 pm }

Agree with a.h in that they all had surprisingly good singles. Preferred B3 and Dean’s ahead of Marlisa’s. I also agree that the producers want Dean to win and then Marlisa. I really think that winning will not help Marlisa. Other talent shows, in particular AGT, have had young winners who dont go on and the only reason I see shows such as x factor lowering the entry age is to ensure that they get them before the competition. It would be better for her to come back in a few years when she has matured than to be remembered as the girl who won but probably shouldn’t have.

8 jec { 10.20.14 at 2:32 pm }

Brad, I totally agree with you. What would help Marlisa the most is to not win X-Factor and to go back to school, grow up and then pursue a music career. It’s not like she’s at her peak now; she can only get better.
I wanted B3 to perform outstandingly because I’ve liked them from their first audition. Speaking of which, their audition was far better than the performance of the same song last night. I was disappointed. They may be better not winning and hopefully getting a contract that allows them to do what they want to do, instead of what X-Factor or Sony wants them to do. Their winners single was very catchy, however, the lead vocals were rather weak especially in the lower range.
Marlisa’s winners song was okay. I do not like how she is dressed and made up in styles way beyond her years, and given songs that would suit someone older. I’m not saying the clothes were inappropriate in a sexy or trashy way, just more suitable for an adult. She did look beautiful though, especially in the duet with Jessica Mauboy.
Daisy, I totally agree that B3 were back-up singers for Guy Sebastian rather than singing a duet with him, however fun the song was.
This all leaves me thinking that Dean would be the best person to win X-Factor this year. His singing last night was excellent, the winners song would be a good first single for him, and he does seem to have the X-Factor (though he’d be better if he wore a shirt under his jackets :) ).

9 Meep { 10.20.14 at 6:04 pm }

OK, watched most of the show, calmed down after being thoroughly pissed off at the producers, then read through the comments here.

Was it just me, or did anyone else get mad at the obvious screw-up on the mic volumes during B3’s performance of their audition song? The boys know how to moderate their voices to blend with each other, so I thought it pretty blatant that “all of a sudden” Tayzin’s mic projected his voice louder than normal and you could barely hear Makirum, while Shardyn’s mic was loud, then soft, then loud again. I’m calling foul on the producers again for this one. If B3 had been able to sing it without any on purpose f***-ups by the producers, they would probably win, or possibly be runners-up. Now, they’ll be lucky to get into the top two.

I can only hope the viewers give the producer’s the finger, and vote them through to win.

OK, now that I have that off my chest…

Dean’s arrogance has been peaking out the last couple of weeks, and, once again, I’m turned off from his performances. It doesn’t matter how well he sings or not, his “I’m too cool for you” personality is a major turn-off for me. He looked very uncomfortable going back to his home town, and came across with an attitude of “this is beneath me now, but I have to smile for the camera, and at least LOOK like I’m enjoying myself” during the entire clip.

Marlisa looked nice, but I’m so tired of all the scream-y songs. When they went back to her school for her clips, I kept wanting to yell “stay there! finish school!”

Agree with the comments about the GS and B3 “non-duet.” Hey producers!! B3 are NOT backup singers!

Loved seeing the B3 energy and quirkiness come back in their winner’s single. I’ve been missing the fun-factor from these guys, which Danni and the producers seemed to be trying to squash out of them the last few weeks. Where does Shardyn get all that energy? Tayzan cracked me up! LOL

I agree with everyone about thinking that the producer’s wanting Dean to win, and if not, then Marlisa. It may be just me, but I definitely think they tried to sabotage B3 this ep because they don’t want them to win.

10 Ma Chook { 10.20.14 at 6:44 pm }

Anyone but Dean. I can’t bear to watch him! or listen to him. I find him a bit creepy!!

11 Brad { 10.20.14 at 8:05 pm }

Really agreeing with a lot of the comments. Yes, B3 were not as good as the audition and initially I just put it down to Danni just not having a damn clue.
I’m well and truly sick of it being about the judges pretending that so much of it is about them as ‘mentors’. I had respect for Danni after Dami but very little now. Ronan I previously considered the best but it now seems to be all about him. Nat, I had long written off as just out of her depth but probably has done ok with Dean. Red Foo, I probably have agreed with as a commentator the most of them all this season. Hopefully the panel is changed up for the next series.

12 LW { 10.20.14 at 8:26 pm }

#4, ooh, cheap sunnies! To quote a colourful figure from Dean’s home town, “do they make ’em for boys”?
Bye bye Brothers 3, it’s been fun. Loving Danni’s outfit BTW.

13 Brad { 10.20.14 at 8:57 pm }

Wow! Listening to the duet from a different room and I’m thinking x factors gone off the rails. Sounded terrible and I had no idea that Marlisa was singing that song.
If they dont make big changes to the judging panel I wont be watching next year.

14 lola { 10.20.14 at 9:07 pm }

If this is the last 2 of all the talent on offer for the X factor, then I think they need to give this show a long break.
The talent pool in Australia is alot smaller than other countries, simply because we have less population.
Both finalists are ok but nothing special.

For likability, I must admit the B3 boys had it. So what if they are not so called ‘commercial’. They were at least genuine and entertaining.

15 Littlepetal { 10.20.14 at 9:12 pm }

Just because Dami Im was transformed last year, they are doing the same thimgt with Marlisa. Dont like the way they dress her up.

16 Peter A { 10.20.14 at 11:45 pm }

Didn’t warm to Dean until the home visit last night and then at the final tonight hearing what song he sang that Natalie felt was his turning point. I missed that performance during the series but it was fantastic.

17 Ginny { 10.21.14 at 1:31 am }

Who do you think could be a judge next year? What about say someone with exceptional musical talent and who has song writing abilities. What about Sia. She wouldn’t do it as she does not want to be seen. Pity!

18 daisy { 10.21.14 at 1:38 am }

I didn’t watch tonight because I didn’t want to see disappointment on B3’s faces.

Good luck to B3 and Dean. I hope they have good success.

19 Veronica { 10.21.14 at 1:40 am }

I’m in hospital, just got back from surgery and don’t know who won. Can someone enlighten me please ?

20 daisy { 10.21.14 at 2:14 am }

Marlisa won.

I hope you are well, Veronica.

21 Veronica { 10.21.14 at 6:42 am }

Thanks Daisy,
I could never stand Marlisa as a performer so always had a feeling she could win. Not that I really card who it was.
I’m ok, except for being hungry, and should be going home tomorrow. Hope you’re well too.

22 Reality Ravings { 10.21.14 at 7:58 am }

Veronica hope you are Ok and get well soon.