The Voice Australia – Jessie J Is A New Coach And Delta Is Back

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 9.45.47 pm

Pop singer Jessie J has been announced as the new coach on The Voice Australia. The pop singer who has a song in the charts at the moment with Ariana Grande has already been a Coach on two seasons of The Voice UK so she is no stranger to the format.

Delta Goodrem is also returning to the turning red chairs as both Kylie Minogue and Will.I.Am are not returning and are just going to be one season wonders. Joel Madden will be joined by his brother Benji as one team and Ricky Martin will be bringing back his smooth moves back to Australia.

With The Voice dropping in ratings last year Jessie J should ensure some younger people tune in.

1 Pandy { 01.13.15 at 11:42 pm }

Boring, won’t be watching sorry.

2 Rachel { 01.13.15 at 11:59 pm }

I’m kind of over the whole Voice thing, but I am glad that have kept Ricky :)

3 ziii { 01.14.15 at 1:19 am }

Can’t stand the Maddens.

I guess Delta will again be the poor coach that no one will pick.

4 daisy { 01.14.15 at 1:38 am }

I wonder if by now some of the contestants will have worked out that their best chance of being in the final 4 is to choose the weakest team, ie Team Delta.

I am over the Voice scenario, that has weak against weak and the best singing off against the best so that a better performer is booted ahead of an average one.

5 Jozzie { 01.14.15 at 9:58 am }

The auditions are alright but the live shows are just boring.

6 SD { 01.15.15 at 11:02 am }

The whole concept of The Voice is wrong, keeping people just because they’re on a particular team is their biggest downfall, the best never make it to the end because they’re forced to dump good singers while crap ones get through. Interesting that they’ve still never made an International star from any series of The Voice worldwide. Says a lot about the format. Judges are also weak. I’m not interested in another boring season.

7 kit { 01.15.15 at 2:53 pm }

feels like one too many judges. if they want both the maddens then they should just have three teams – ricky, delta and the maddens. jessie j doesn’t excite me. id like to see delta swapped out and guy sebastian as the aussie coach. unfortunately it seems like the voice has peaked and is now on the downhill. i can’t see there being more than one more season after this year.

8 daisy { 01.15.15 at 4:58 pm }

Kit, I think TV has gone downhill now we have all come to know that weak singers can beat good ones by being on weak teams.

I might also only watch the auditions.

Also I am sick of the judges trying to act cool. You either have it or you don’t, and if you have to try, you don’t.

Not minding the judge combo on America’s got Talent. I am enjoying Howard Stern, who makes good calls imo.

Kit, I’m no fan of Guy S. He’s too bland for my likes. But I agree that he might make a good mentor as I think he has the training.
The Maddens can’t sing.

9 kess { 01.16.15 at 9:38 pm }

Show should be called ghosts not voice, for all the winners vanish into thin air – singers must surely be afraid of this now and are running for the hills.
And I would like to know, is there a conspiracy keeping all of these rather crap singing contests on air?
So did the union of has- beens, only slightly ever kind of made its and loud mouths with a pinch of talent, plus really hard try hards – basically all the detritus of showbiz, – hold a secret power pow wow?
They met and conquered – they pooled all the dirt they hold and now strangle our TVs.

And in the end – all the aussie public have room for is jess & guy. The rest are just carol singers.

10 kit { 01.17.15 at 12:08 pm }

@ daisy, Yeah Im pretty sure Guy was a singing teacher back when he first auditioned for Idol. So you’re right when you say he would be an excellent mentor. and yep, I cringe everytime the Maddens perform, they are terrible singers. Good entertainers, but they never would have won ‘The Voice’ in their time. Anyone else missing Seal?

11 Ginny { 01.19.15 at 1:07 pm }

Hi Daisy don’t like Heidi Klum on AGT at all. Can’t see her appeal and she doesn’t have anything constructive to say either. The other judges seem ok. Mel b is always good for a laugh. As for The Voice I dont mind Delta at least she’s an Aussie. Why not get some more Aussies on the show. There are plenty of brilliant Aussie musicians but they would never ask them to be on. Eg Paul Kelly.

12 daisy { 01.19.15 at 3:45 pm }

Ginny, I had no preconceptions of Heidi, but she hasn’t registered on my annoyometer.
Delta on the other hand always breaks the machine. Worse than nails on a bbd.

I like Howard because he seems like he just doesn’t try tobe anything other than who he is.

13 Meep { 02.27.15 at 2:59 am }

A bit late in commenting here, but it’s been a while since I’ve checked out this site since I’m not currently watching any AU shows.

Hi Daisy! Long time, no post.

Glad to see that Ricky will be returning, but disappointed that they’re going with the Duo Madden team. Joel, while not the greatest singer, is entertaining enough by himself as a coach. I saw some of The Voice Kids with the Madden Team, and something was lost with the double-coach aspect.

Never really cared much for Delta. She seems like a charming person, but didn’t offer much entertainment-wise (unless you want to count the mocking-factor of her “dance” moves).

I think Jessie J will be a hit or miss. I watched her on The Voice UK for two seasons. She was fun and entertaining on the first season, and really seemed to enjoy herself. She also gave some really good advice that season. Season 2 seemed to be a 180 for her, and she acted more like a “super serious artist”. It also seemed that there was no more advice to be given, but I think that was more due to the producers. Everything became nicey-nice, with undeserved praise, and no words about what they could do to be better.

If we get the fun Jessie J, it will be great. If we get the “super serious artist”, it won’t be very good.

I’m currently watching The Voice UK, with Ricky Wilson, Rita Ora, Tom Jones, and will.i.am as coaches. Rita’s kinda funny, and reminds me of how Jessie J was in her first season, what with the having fun, being entertaining, and giving good advice. Lots of fun between the coaches, but, unfortunately, no really good stand-outs from the contestants.

Just finished watching the blind auditions, and hope things get better with the battles.

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it’s off to work I go…

14 daisy { 02.27.15 at 6:24 am }

Hi Meep. Good to see you.

I have really missed the old gang; including Deano, Eliza, Samsara, yourself and the rest who hung out chatting about the Voice etc.

I am currently watching America’s Got Talent. I know it’s old now.
And American Idol. I know I probably won’t agree with their final 12. I didn’t last year because they go for ‘star quality’ over talent.

To my surprise I have really been enjoying the judges on AGT. I hardly ever like music panel judges but I am loving the AGT team, especially Howard Stern, who I think makes the best comments. I forget the name of the bald guy but he is a sweetie on that and Mel keeps it real.
The Serendip guys are good and I like Jaycob Curlee’s voice. I would love to join the Bhangla dancers. They are fun.

I look fd to catching up again but I don’t know how far into TV I will get after the blind auditions, given the way eliminations work.

Have a good day at work. I hope the weather is not too cold there for you. It’s still lovely summer here.