So You Think You Can Dance – And Now There Are Ten

It was great to see the Australian Dance Theatre on SYTYCDA tonight, as we are not going to see them on Superstars of Dance in the near future.

For those who don’t know the Australian Dance Theatre were the Australian team for the Nigel Lythgoe produced show Superstars of Dance. Channel 9 bought the series after a bidding war and then proceeded to not to screen it. Not that I am surprised Survivor Gabon anyone? Anyway to the Channel 9 rep who commented on my blog calling myself and few of my readers cynics – you wonder why?

Anyway bottom three couples were Lamb and Timomatic, Kat and Danny, BJ and Gianne.

After the solos I thought it was pretty obvious who was going home. Lamb because she was considerably weaker than the other two girls.

Out of the boys I thought BJ’s routine was fabulous. And Danny was good but he probably did not do enough to knock out the last hip hop dancer from the competition.

Next week all the partners are shuffled up, so it will be interesting to see who gets paired with who. The $64,000 question is will Penny continue to be praised now she is no longer dancing with Charlie?

1 notmensa { 03.16.09 at 9:37 pm }

*sigh* Penny. Maybe she’ll stun us all and do wonderful things under Ben’s masterful tutoring.

2 Anonymous { 03.16.09 at 10:31 pm }

What did you think of the group routine, RR? I loved it.

Talia & Gianne for the Top 2 girls, please.

3 Reality Raver { 03.16.09 at 10:41 pm }

Anon I loved the routine as well. Do you know who was the choreographer. It looked like a Kelley Abbey number. I have to confess my recording cut off just before the end of the group number and I only got to watch from the dance for your lives.

4 Reality Raver { 03.16.09 at 10:42 pm }

notmensa is Penny paired with Ben next week? If so poor Ben.

Anon – I thought Gianne solo was fabulous. She is really growing on me.

5 Anonymous { 03.16.09 at 11:05 pm }

It was a Kelley Abbey number, yes! She was wearing green peacock feather looking earrings, to match the group dance, lol. I love her.

Yeah, Penny is paired with Ben. The pairs are:

Talia & Charlie
Gianne & Loredo
Amy & BJ
Kat & Timomatic
Penny & Ben

6 RRr { 03.17.09 at 11:56 am }

Ridiculous that Danny got eliminated…so after Pania, the judges again pulled a “one strike you are out”.

You are not missing much with the non-airing of Superstars of Dance. The dancers get to do their genres but the mix-bag of styles and the judging (by seven…yes SEVEN judges) really chop up the flow of the show. I found myself losing interest every five minutes…chaning the channel and forgeting to change back.

7 Reality Raver { 03.17.09 at 4:33 pm }

Anon – It will be interesting to see Charlie and Talia dance together. How good will he look then? Poor Ben I hope he doesn’t get to many lifts.

RRR – I know that Superstars of Dance tanked, and I saw a bit on YouTube. But really it is the principle of the matter. They should have bought it and screened it straight away so what if it is non-ratings period. People still advertise and would have made a nice change from the cricket and the tennis.

Yes I felt sorry for Danny. It was a tough one this week. If it was strictly on better dancer he would have been in. However Timomatic can dance, and they love that untrained story line.

8 bella vita { 03.18.09 at 12:19 am }

sorry for no responses lately..been flat out!

Ok…so i still don’t like Timomatic..and thank goodness for the Lamb Roast being gone!

Interesting week, and more interesting as to what will happen this weekend.

Also suprising to hear Dan Caraty talk about his love for Nat Bass in this week’s TV week. Would love to work with her as “she gave him her CD”
Yep typical Nat, throwing herself at every person in the industry to “get a head”. lol

9 Reality Raver { 03.19.09 at 10:48 pm }

Bella Vita good to have you back.
Yes I read that in TV Week as well. I think Dan is pretty irrelevant these days. Is star in the SYTYCD world is on the wane.