Category — the Real Housewives of Atlanta
Political parties love star recruits be it former rock stars, football players or actors. Will reality TV stars be the next ones political parties will try and tempt into public life?
Tim Brunero who was on Big Brother could be a potential reality TV candidate for the Labor Party.
However the Liberal Party may also have a potential candidate in Simon van Kempen, the husband of The Real Housewives of New York City Alex McCord. Simon an Australian was a member of the Young Liberals, and still keeps an eye on Australian politics as can be seen in this post on an opinion forum here.
The Real Housewives of New York City is a show on Arena which shows New York so called ‘socialites’ going about their daily lives – with some set up situations of course.
Alex and Simon are the co-dependent couple who do everything together and could be described as social climbers.
Personally I find them a little bit creepy.
There are somethings I just don’t get about them this includes:
- Why would you wear a his and hers matching g string swimmers when you are over thirty?
- Why you would spend so much money on clothes when you house needs a lot of renovations, also new furniture would not hurt one of the sofas looked like it was from Fantastic Furniture?
- When she said I couldn’t live in the suburbs and pulled a face didn’t she think it was ironic she lived in Brooklyn (I know it is not suburban but it is not Manhatten)?
- Why would you invite your husband along on a girl’s night out, and why would you want to go if you are her husband?
- Why the big deal about speaking French, I would have thought Spanish to be the more practical language to learn in the US?
Regarding the thong swimmers apparently we were lucky they were wearing any at all. Gawker reported Alex and Simon had been spotted on St Barts in all their naked glory. Obviously he has not got the Australian paranoia of the sun and does not slip, slop, slap.
NY Mag has a article on their assessment on how far up the social scale these New York housewives really are.
I must confess I am loving the show, and I am disappointed the final episode of Season 1 will be shown this Monday at 9.30pm on Arena. Though apparently there is now a series called The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
October 7, 2008 6 Comments