So You Think You Can Dance – We Have Our Top Four

Ok after all my bitching about Tabitha and Napoleon last night, their group opening routine was absolutely sensational. All the dancers were fabulous, but special mention must go to Kat who really shone.

It was great they all had a solo tonight. I wasn’t blown away by any of the girls solos. I like Amy’s the best except for the smile she had on her face the whole way through, it did not seem to go with either the music or the body movements. Talia’s was beautiful but I just thought she put together a series of difficult dance steps with little in between.

BJ’s solo made me smile, I really like his solo’s they show a high level of creativity.

I wasn’t as enamoured by Charlie’s or Ben. Charlie’s was quite jarring, but points for dad pumping his fist with pride at the end. Ben’s was just a lot of flips ala Anthony Ikin.

It was no surprise when it was announced Kat was eliminated.  Just an aside how high were the heels those girls were wearing. All of them were at least 5 inches.

Also not a great shock that BJ was the guy to be eliminated. I love the fact that he was so cool about it and plug his venture Alive Entertainment.

It is an interesting top four and all very strong dancers, and anyone can take out the title. I expect Talia is not lost many things in her life and on tonight’s episode she did say she wanted to win it. I think Charlie is probably the weakest dancer out of the four.

Anyway if you want to see Kat and BJ again you can always see them on the top 10 tour. Details here. The tickets are between $55 and $75.

1 Anonymous { 04.06.09 at 11:11 pm }

Please tell me you are kidding about Talia’s solo. I thought it was the only solo out of them all that wasn’t frantic or desperate. What do you mean it wasn’t connected? It was FULL of musicality and transitions. All of the guys had barely any transitions, jam-packed with “tricks”, Kat’s was incredibly bland, and Amy barely danced.

Talia’s solos are the most creative ones there, geeze.

2 Reality Raver { 04.06.09 at 11:15 pm }

Her previous solo was just so spectacular that I found this one a little bit of a let down. I felt it was just a bit tick a box (which impressive ballet moves to do). I am not saying I did not like it.
To be fair to all the dancers I think all of them lacked a bit of effort due to the fact they were not dance for your life and they are probably all completely buggered.

Strangely BJ’s entertained me the most.

3 Anonymous { 04.06.09 at 11:32 pm }

I do prefer her previous solo, but I think her one tonight was carefully crafted in a similar way, it just had a different feel.

I felt like her and Amy were the only ones who actually put thought into their solos, Amy’s solo came across to me like she had forgotten her choreography or something.

4 Anonymous { 04.06.09 at 11:33 pm }

I mean, I think Talia’s was spectacular, but it wasn’t OMG powerful spectacular – she was showing a different side of her.

I think she’ll have a more POW! solo on the Top 4 performance show. It was a good time to show us a prettier solo tonight.

5 Anonymous { 04.14.09 at 2:22 pm }

Figured out why I had issues with Amy’s solo – I knew I had seen something similar before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eySys7O9Cb4

Choreography isn’t the same, but the style of movement, the song of course, and even the costume.

Doesn’t exactly seem so creative now.

6 reality raver { 04.14.09 at 3:19 pm }

Anon – the dance was similar. Maybe she is a fan. How do you find this stuff. You knowledge of the dance world is amazing.

7 Anonymous { 04.14.09 at 3:21 pm }

You flatter me! I’m just addicted to dance, and have a huge ballet and contemporary bias. I’m also an insomniac and watch heaps of dance videos on YouTube when I can’t sleep!

I know absolutely nothing about hip hop, lol.