Is Australian Idol Going To Eliminate Kyle Sandilands?

Kyle Sandilands

The Age today says that Australian Idol may be considering dumping Kyle Sandilands over his role in questioning a 14 year old about her sex life on radio. If you have been in a coma for the past week you can read a former post about that debacle here.

The article says:

A Channel Ten spokesperson last night told The Age  that, while Sandilands would appear in episodes already filmed, the network was reconsidering his role as a judge of young aspiring musicians.

“˜”˜Kyle will obviously be in the audition episodes, as they were filmed some time ago,” the spokesperson said. “˜”˜But Idol is a family program, we consider this a very serious incident and our executives will continue discussions over the weekend to come to a decision regarding his future on Idol.”

You can imagine every person in town ringing their agent saying get me that gig.

Kyle Sandilands was probably the most entertaining judge on Australian Idol last year. Dicko was lethargic most of the time, and Marcia Hines is more life coach than judge. I am happy to see him sacked as long as the bring in someone entertaining, and don’t revive Mark Holden. Why doesn’t Channel Ten draft Paul McDermott from Good News Week for some guest judging spots and see how he goes. He has both the snark plus the musical background? Does anyone else have any ideas?

1 Wurstsemmel { 08.01.09 at 4:38 pm }

I like the idea of Paul McDermott. To be honest, though, I won’t be watching. I struggled through last season.

I would be extremely happy to see the back of Vile Sandilands (although I don’t think it’s fair that he’s the only one targeted over this debacle, Tacky Ho also needs to be made accountable). I have to say I’m betting that nothing happens though. Austereo have said they won’t act, the radio sponsors won’t act, C10 won’t act and this team will just continue on with their sleazy rating grabbings until the next upset. Shameful, really.

2 AM { 08.01.09 at 6:03 pm }

good stuff!! get rid of him but not Paul McDermott what about Julia Zamira (spelling) from Rockwiz

3 TDK { 08.01.09 at 7:31 pm }

John Farnham

4 Anonymous { 08.01.09 at 9:56 pm }

I reckon they should wipe the entire judges panel – they are stale.

BUT I do think it’s a possibility that Kyle is on the way out. Which would be awesome, he shouldn’t be in a position of power at all. I don’t think Austereo will kick him out, cowards… But I think it’s different this time when Simon Fuller et. al. are involved.

5 GuruJosh { 08.02.09 at 11:23 am }

I was thinking about this today…what about Mark Gudinski from Mushroom records he has the charisma…or somone Like JPY or even better John Farnum…

6 Anon { 08.02.09 at 11:31 am }

Would love to see Kyle go…but his prominence on the Austereo network and the synergies it creates makes it unlikely

7 BB { 08.02.09 at 9:11 pm }

Kyle, Jackie O suspended indefinitely, Kyle ‘unable to work’

THE Kyle and Jackie O radio show has been suspended indefinitely after last week’s lie detector stunt, with host Kyle Sandilands declaring he is unable to go on air.

8 BB { 08.02.09 at 9:23 pm }

Matthew Johns to replace Kyle Sandilands on 2Day FM

9 Reality Raver { 08.02.09 at 9:39 pm }

BB – I was just about to blog on it when I saw that comment. Gee Matthew Johns got rehabilitated fast if it is true, kind of a weird replacement choice considering his career hit a roadblock after his sexual indiscretions which though not illegal was not exactly respectful.
Having said that I think Matthew Johns has a lot of talent.

10 Anonymous { 08.02.09 at 9:59 pm }

Yay for Kyle leaving, ew for Matthew Johns.

11 Kyle Sandiland Suspended From Austereo | reality ravings { 08.02.09 at 11:49 pm }

[…] Idol will now have to decide whether to stick with him. See previous post on this issue here. […]

12 Rob { 08.03.09 at 2:46 pm }

How about Myf Warhurst?

13 Karen { 08.11.09 at 12:45 pm }

Ther are plenty of music industry people who could set a far better example than Kyle Sandiland.
It was on the cards that his mouth was going to get him into trouble eventually.
The man has know integrity.
Lets hope australian idol does and sack him because the show will loose ratings for sure if you keep that horrible human being.
I certainly wont watch it anymore.

14 anonoynomous { 08.24.09 at 8:28 pm }

Kyle was entertaining but, yes he deserves to go and he was very rude as well…

The new judge is now chosen with the name i do not know but i enjoy watching and cant wait to see some great talents.