Kyle Sandilands To Be On Celebrity MasterChef?

A regular commenter on this blog the witty and droll Wurstsemmel contacted me to ask me if I had heard the rumour of Kyle Sandilands to be one of the celebrities on MasterChef this October. He would tick all the boxes, a genuine celebrity and a Channel 10 personality with a current TV show on air, as Australian Idol will be starting next week. But can he cook? Does that matter?

Anyway will they still want to go with him after this week’s controversy? Probably as everyone will tune in to see him being given a dressing down by George and Gary. As usual the mantra that any publicity is good publicity will prevail in this case.

Speaking of George Calombaris popular mummy blogger Domestic Goddess on L Plates has found a picture of George with hair. It is a pearler and I would not have recognised him. Click link to pic here..

Also speaking of mummy bloggers there was an article on The Punch called the rise of the mummy blogger. And for the interests of disclosure I wrote it wearing my other hat as a mother.

1 h&b { 07.31.09 at 12:32 pm }

I think you’re pushing it calling him a bona fide celeb, but yes, he ticks the sort of boxes you want ticked, and therefore wouldn’t be bad to see. I wonder if he can cook ? :)

2 Wurstsemmel { 07.31.09 at 12:54 pm }

I hope the rumour is incorrect. And, if it isn’t, I hope Matt has the good sense to not even go near his paella crust with a barge pole. Euch.

George? What the? In a million years, I’d never have guessed.
Isn’t it funny how hair makes him look so much taller?

3 BB { 07.31.09 at 1:48 pm }
4 Anonymous { 07.31.09 at 4:12 pm }

Oh, helllllllllllllllll no.

5 Injera { 07.31.09 at 6:23 pm }

Hmm, I’m going to have to redefine “Dead to me” because I’m pretty sure I’ve already said DTM re: Celeb Masterchef, but if Kyle is on it, then it’s fully decomposed to me. Not exhumable. Would need forensic skills to ID it. DEAD. TO. ME.

Is that a wolf?

(Heh, no it’s just George with hair…)

6 Sooty { 07.31.09 at 6:31 pm }

I like it! Can he grow it back?

(George, his hair, not Kyle, his brain)

7 Anonymous { 08.01.09 at 6:02 am }

Good news: looks like Idol is seriously considering giving him the flick. YAY!

This tool should not be in a position of power. I’m so pleased that the international idol brand agrees.

8 sourkraut { 08.01.09 at 12:14 pm }

R U shore it wuznt Chris cunningly disguised as K S? after all he’s been responsible for every other unutterably evil event that’s occurred in the last century

9 Wurstsemmel { 08.01.09 at 1:22 pm }

Nah, Sourkraut. If that was Chris, he’d be hitting on the 14 year old girl.

10 Reality Raver { 08.01.09 at 4:53 pm }

Sourkraut and Wurstsemmel – LOL.

BB -thanks for the link, are you the person behind that great site, and if so I have tried to register but it won’t let me.

Anon – thanks for the link, if they are thinking of canning him for Idol they definitely won’t put him on MasterChef – Will they?