Australian Idol – Hayley Warner and Stan Walker Are The Final Two
A rumour is on popular forum Behind Big Brother which says that Australian Idol is getting the axe next year, and about five minutes in I started hoping the rumour was true. My enthusiasm for the show has diminished this season. (Actually it must have put me in such a catatonic state last night I forgot to press the publish button.)
Now I cannot deny that both Stan Walker and Hayley Warner are very talented singers, but with all the filler at the beginning of the show, by the time the contestants actually get to sing (and I am not talking about the group routine) I am really irritated.
By this stage I am in no mood to hear them sing. As they say in the theatre my fourth wall is up and barricaded that they have no hope of breaking through.
In fact I think the two big problems for Australian Idol this year is the format, and the chemistry between the judges. I don’t think the talent is any lower then previous seasons. Yes there was some duds but there are each year, and when you think about it each season only gives the viewer four or five standout performers.
Some thoughts on tonight’s episode:
- I thought it was great Stan talked about how he was abused. I should add it was not great that he was, but really he has nothing to be ashamed of and if more people spoke about it more kids may see help. And if one kid tonight who was watching decides to speak out that would be such a positive thing;
- I wonder if Stan’s parent’s in the audience cringe when all these stories come up about the dysfunction in their family, they should be;
- This is where I don’t understand why Stan wants seven kids does he want to bring them up in the same poverty stricken circumstances as he did;
- Regardless of whether Stan wins or not he has definitely fast tracked his career by going on Idol with a lot of the overseas mentors saying they would put him in touch with “people”.
- I did not get the Marcia Hines and Michael Buble “walkout” after Stan’s first song I presume they meant they may as well go home as he has won the competition;
- All the judges did the traditional final 2 show comments, where they were positive about everything;
- It certainly seemed they were pimping for Stan to win;
- I thought Hayley doing the Stevie Wonder the classic For Once In My Life song was a bit outside the box;
- Both of their singles were ok on first hearing not great but not shocking either.
Out of interest I am wondering if anyone is actually going to bother to vote, are you?
If you are reading this blog post through the feed at TV.com please come and check out the blog at www.realityravings.com