Reality Tidbits – Sunday Wrap Up

Jessica Mauboy

Jessica Mauboy’s publicist muAst have been the only one working this week as every paper I picked up over the past few days there has been a story about her in it. Today was no exception with this article in the Sunday Telegraph saying she wanted to win three or four Aria’s this year.

Also she was mentioned in this article in the Saturday Daily Telegraph about Australians who will shape 2010. The Australia Idol runner up will be in a movie called Bran Nue Dae. She has also said she hopes to do further acting work.

In other Australian Idol alumni news Kate DeAraugo is actually dating producer and guitarist France Millo, they met when he was a “roadie” for the Young Divas. They have been dating three years, and are apparently close to getting engaged.

Guy Sebastian has also had a great year and he tweeted today “Desperate Housewives and Brothers and sisters are also using Like it Like That in the US!! Unreal!” and “Thanks to everyone for making Like it Like That the highest selling single of 2009!! Im blown away.”

Ajay Rochester is again getting bad PR because of alleged bad debts. This one is about a non-paid hairdressers bill. She claims it was meant to be a “contra deal” whatever that means. (Source Sunday Telegraph)

Susan Boyle the runner up of Britain’s Got Talent has the highest selling album of 2009. She also has said she would like to tour Australia this year. (Source Herald Sun)

Mark Holden thinks that new Australian Idol judge Jay Dee Springbett will get better. Somehow I doubt he will get a second season. There is no news yet on whether Australian Idol will get the go ahead this year. (Source: Herald Sun)

1 Injera { 01.03.10 at 9:29 pm }

Oh, Ajay! Did she promise to send arms to Nicaragua for a haircut?

2 Reality Raver { 01.03.10 at 9:47 pm }

Injera – LOL – that thought did cross my mind, if she did she would have taken a camera crew with her.

3 Kyvyny { 01.03.10 at 11:19 pm }

Contra deal sounds like an in kind deal. The “you scratch my back, I scratch yours” kind of set up. No money exchanged.

4 Wurstsemmel { 01.04.10 at 6:44 am }

Poor Ajay. Just one dodgy deal after another. Can’t see anyone wanting to take this PR liability on.

Also have to say I don’t like it like that. Possibly the most irritating and overplayed single of 2009. When C7 Picked it up for their promos, they earnt an instant channel change.

5 oihoihoih { 01.04.10 at 10:49 am }

Jess M looks stunning in that photo. I’m going to have to track down that dress

6 CG { 01.04.10 at 1:43 pm }

Wurst, “Like it” has stared to irritate me as well. But it looks from the promos that Michael Buble is going to be the “voice” of Ch9 and Foxtel’s Winter Olympic coverage. The songs they are playing during the promos don’t have ANY connection to sport at all. By the end of the Games I imagine it will really BUG. Not to mention Eddie Everywhere who appears to be headlining 9’s coverage along with the boss’ missus (Leila M.).

7 Wurstsemmel { 01.04.10 at 2:18 pm }

Oh, is that who Leila M is? She hosted the fireworks? Or was that someone else? I have no idea why Eddie is anywhere really. He’s another automatic channel changer.

8 Reality Raver { 01.04.10 at 7:57 pm }

Wurstsemmel and CG – Agree with your thoughts on Like It Like That, but I am impressed with Guy’s career breakthrough in the US. I am amazed Eddie still has a contract. Never really seen the appeal, but hosting the Olympics maybe a good niche for him.

OihOihOih – the dress looks a little bit like a Camilla caftan but she does not normally do strapless.

Kyvyny – I think explained it nicely thanks.

9 Injera { 01.05.10 at 10:32 am }

CG – that Buble song and it’s complete lack of connection with anything Winter or Olympic-y has really been bugging me! (And, of course, when I say “Buble song” I really mean the auto-tune song…)

Guy’s song just makes me giggle because I still think of him as a professional virgin and can’t help saying “like it like what?” every time I hear it. “Like, five seconds???” “Like, is that it?”

10 Jess { 03.03.10 at 3:06 pm }

Hey has anyone found out who Jess is wearing in this photo? I want this dress!!