MasterChef Parody DisasterChef – One Reason Why I Don’t Watch Hey Hey

Well Hey Hey comprehensively beat Celebrity MasterChef on Wednesday night in the ratings, but I cannot work out why, if this MasterChef Australia parody is anything to go by. I found it quite unfunny.

However in some good news for MasterChef Australia  and the contestant. It will be now shown in the UK from January. (Source Mumbrella)

Also Justine was blogging on the Daily Telegraph site on the Thursday after Celebrity MasterChef and she was asked about what she thought about Chris Badenoch’s cheating in the MasterChef  household.

Her response:

Yes we did get along on the show. No I had no idea he was cheating. We were all too focused on doing our personal best on the show to take notice of what each other was doing.

She was also promoting her degustation dinner with Lucas to be held on Tuesday night at Nino’s at Bondi Junction, Sydney. I have to say I think at $125 a head it is quite expensive, as for $20 more you can get a fantastic degustation menu at three hatted restaurant Marque.

Having said that if any reader is going to see Lucas and Justine on Tuesday night it would be great to hear how it goes.

1 Wurstsemmel { 10.03.09 at 6:37 pm }

I never understood why anyone watched Hey, Hey. If C9 are seriously thinking of bringing this back, they must be in dire straits.

What do any of these people do otherwise? Russell Gilbert? Red Symons (except for hardware ads)? Daryl Sommers (even bounced from DWTS). A vested interest on their part in having it back.

2 Lola Raymond.. { 10.04.09 at 11:26 am }

Agree with Wurstsemmel, Hey Hey was already past its used by date when the finished years ago.. I couldn’t think of anything worse then sitting down and watching the reunion shows!..eck

3 sourkraut { 10.04.09 at 1:44 pm }

30 odd years ago when hay hay was on I used to think it was for sad shamblers who could not get a life and had to spend saturday nights watching tv as they had nothing else to do. Pathetic really. Nothing has since changed if this was anything to go on..
As for the parody, it was typical of what Oz has become, a SAD imitation of the Anointed states and their UNFUNNY UNSUBTLE shit com humour. (at least the 3 stooges which i love, did not PRETEND to be anything other than slapstick). I did actually laugh in a few places at it (that’s a worry, but I write it down to Senior’s moments) but it’s a pity the people producing it don’t take lessons in comedy from the Brits, who know how to make clever parodies (Yes Minister, my ALL_TIME fave and Hyacinth bucket etc).
All that said i still think Celeb MC is a waste of space

4 Injera { 10.04.09 at 2:32 pm }

Silly me – I was looking for Celebrity Masterchef on the TV last night, since it went up against Hey Hey it’s Saturday

It will be interesting to see what the Brits make of our version of Masterchef!

5 sourkraut { 10.04.09 at 10:56 pm }

Injera
I can’t wait to see the Brit parody of it!

6 Simon { 10.05.09 at 6:14 am }

Winners don’t cheat, cheaters don’t win.

7 sourkraut { 10.06.09 at 10:31 pm }

Simon
Obviously you have never watched the Olympic games or the tour de France