Celebrity Masterchef – Was The Clock Stopped?

I know at times watching Celebrity Masterchef I had thought the last ten seconds took a long time to finish, and also how the contestants could sometimes plate up a pretty plate in the last minute – well contestant Peter Rowsthorn may  have shed some light on the matter.

In the latest edition of TV WEEK  Peter said he blamed the “magic of TV” for his downfall, claiming that a mysterious extra five minutes were added to the clock.

The article said:

“I was really happy with myself in the pressure test; I fair dinkum thought I was going to win,” he told TV Week. “There was 15 seconds left and I looked down and fiddled with my plate, then looked back up at the clock and the clock went back by five minutes!  Because of those five minutes, I was umming and ahhing about wheter I could redo my tuile, and when we were judged, I lost on my tuile – it wasn’t crispy enough.”

Peter says he never manged to get to the bottom of the “extra time” mystery. “I think they were trying to help Fuzzy Agolley out, just quietly. I felt ripped off! But then again, I don’t think I was good enough to actually [win the season].”

So is Peter right, or did the pressure of the challenge confuse the celebrity cook? Masterchef judge George Calombaris laughs off the suggestion that time was added to the clock. “No, no – Peter’s lost the plot!” he says. “but he wouldn’t have won regardless – his [signature] dish was rubbish.”

1 Kevin11 { 11.29.09 at 3:48 pm }

George seems to defend this stupid show all the time. Whenever they (the masterchef show/chefs/contestants/producers) get caught out red handed doing something dodgie he is always the first to pipe up and say it didn’t happen.

2 Wurstsemmel { 11.29.09 at 3:51 pm }

Of course that’s what George is going to say. He knows where his bread and butter is coming from. Anyone can see this show is manipulated.

But Peter who? Did I miss an episode?

3 Jacqui { 11.29.09 at 8:09 pm }

Its about time we found out the truth! Surprised George didn’t let it slip himself! Good on him though for saying McDonald’s is the devil and won’t let his nieces eat it!

4 H { 11.30.09 at 10:17 am }

Last night I spotted the Matt Preston CD compilation tv ad. New low. Very low, I didn’t think it could get worse than paper towels. He’s soon going to be rivalling Delta in the “pimping myself out for anyything” stakes. Though Jason Alexander, in MC-ing that crazy wedding of people he does not know is also now very up there.

5 Wurstsemmel { 11.30.09 at 12:26 pm }

Yeah, the Jason Alexander thing is a little surprising – he’s not someone I would expect to be struggling to find the next pay cheque but maybe he had a slow moment and the lure of a free trip to Australia…the rumour was he wasn’t paid but if that is the case, then why?

Matt needs to learn that less is more. Particularly when it comes to trying to do up his jacket.

6 Masterchef Australia Trickery Again Emerges | reality ravings { 05.16.10 at 10:50 pm }

[…] previously raised the clock being stopped in an interview in TV Week (See previous blog post on that here). At the time Gary Mehigan denied this […]