The Apprentice – Some Little Bits Of Gossip

Channel Nine would not have been happy with the ratings of their much hyped new show The Appprentice  on Tuesday, as it did not even reach the 700,000 mark. But hopefully they won’t panic. As it was good, and even though it was a 90 minute episode it did not drag.

However one of the reasons the rating may have been down was that people are reluctant to commit to a 90 minute episode at 9.30pm at night. Anyway Australia has a new villain in Carmen Parnos, the 44 year old failed entrepreneur, and that is why even though she totally fucked up the challenge for the girls team she got to stay.

There has also been a rumour about a romance in the The Apprentice house, with Carmen blabbing about a pair that were getting on to the Herald Sun. However I cannot seem to find the article online, so if anyone knows of a link that would be great. I was a bit surprised by the female’s name, and have completely forgotten which of the guys it was meant to be. So if anyone has a hard copy of the Herald Sun from earlier this week can they scan and email me the article?

Also The Apprentice contestant Lynton Pipkorn marketing guru (not the one with the mega biceps) has written an article for Mumbrella about his experience on the show and what the production was like.

Also it has been revealed that Carmen Parnos and Amy Cato knew each other prior to the show. Carmen “mentored” Amy, and it may explain why Carmen chose Amy to go to the pitching interviews. However if you read this post on Anthill Online it would appear Amy was a bit underwhelmed about Carmen’s advice.

Some of Carmen’s advice:
The things that stood out the most to me were that Amy seems to have a transactional mentality, which is distracting her from chipping away at the bigger picture, and she should keep her work and life separate on social networking sites.

After two and a half hours together and getting to know Amy better, my recommendations included that she stop selling to potential clients. Instead, Amy should take time to build the relationships first, find out what’s “˜hurting them’ and then offer a solution.

And Amy’s response:

Carmen’s advice was expectantly critical but constructive. I don’t agree about being “˜transactional’ – it’s a dirty word at Cato & Hall. The fact that she mentioned it is a great motivator to see how I am perceived. I agree wholeheartedly with Carmen’s last piece of advice on getting a mentor and am pleased that she will be mine.

Why Carmen would be such a great mentor is beyond me, what type of businesses has she run. Apparently for the last three years, she has been focusing on her business “˜Super Leaders’ Australia, which is a hub of information for up-and-coming leaders. Seriously, what does that mean seems a bit wanky to me – no wonder she lost the house.

1 Suziwong66 { 10.02.09 at 1:47 pm }

I cannot imagine ‘Big C’ giving business advice! Seriously she has no concept of relationships and group dynamics! ‘Big C’s management style is controlling and authoritarian which fails to create a cohesive, friendly and productive working environment! She obviously has no formal learning in this area b/c if she had she would understand the value of democratic leadership and its ability to create the best possible working climate between groips of ppl. ‘Big C’s comment about team work being fine as long as you’re on team Carmen illustrates her underlying beliefs regarding leadership & teamwork. Look out team Eventus, is all i can say: ‘Big C’ might sink your boat before you even manage to pull up your anchor to set sail!

2 Culinary Boner { 10.02.09 at 2:11 pm }

Hey CG, have you taken over from Raver?

3 Reality Raver { 10.02.09 at 2:18 pm }

Culinary Boner – I am having dashboard issues, and it appears that I can only write posts under either CG or Injera, I am trying to sort it out.

4 sourkraut { 10.02.09 at 2:18 pm }

Carmen has obviously been giving business advice to that unspeakable cad Chris B, Hence his bankruptcies.
Am waiting for the gossip rags and Oz meedja to couple up this pair in some dastardly plot to rob Mr. hotbiceps of a five cent coin

5 Wurstsemmel { 10.02.09 at 3:55 pm }

Wanky indeed. Could not have put it better myself. What is it about business failure that sets you up to coach others?

I can see this show getting shoved to late night or vanishing altogether as c9 tend to do

6 Reality Raver { 10.02.09 at 4:55 pm }

Sourkraut – I am working on that story NOW!

Wurstsemmel – I hope it does not get moved I quite enjoyed the first episode. I think once Mark settles in it will be fine. I am not so sure about the assistant judges but they are not actors so they should settle into their roles in a few weeks.

Suzie Wong66 – I agree I have not seen one sign of managerial talent or skill in her what so ever.

7 CG { 10.02.09 at 5:02 pm }

In the article by contestant Lynton (linked above in RR’s piece), he says the evictions / firings are unpredictable and sometimes unjustified. Hmmm. Is Apprentice Australia also produced by Fremantle (they produce MC)? Does this mean that the contestants with the most TV “magic” (like Poh from MC) will be kept on longer than others who perhaps are not as fan-worthy? I still think it is rotten the first one to go from Apprentice was the oldest female in the group. I think the most successful reality shows are where the audience is in control (to a degree) like American Idol. Or where you at least don’t feel like you are being manipulated for “good television” (some of the best looking and most controversial contestants went relatively early on Apprentice US and UK, for example). Remember Omarosa…I think Carmen is supposed to be “our” Omarosa.

8 sourkraut { 10.03.09 at 12:08 pm }

Remember Omarosa? I’m still trying to forget her! Thanks for reminding me!
R R
one of them’s a fish
I saw the ep a second time as nine thought it was so good we should have a repeat. During that re watch i saw nothing to convince me that Jane was anything more than average, so lets not just spin towards our desires. That said i agree a hundred times that from what was shown in the cunning (or otherwise?) editing, the obvious candidate for boning was indeed carmen electra.
Hope the series survives. i need something to pick on now that Celeb MC has turned out to be such a waste of time.

9 Katie { 10.03.09 at 12:41 pm }

The article I saw in the HeraldSun quoted Carmen as saying that Heather and Gavin were romantically involved. But can we trust the dastardly Big C?

10 Liss { 10.03.09 at 5:14 pm }

Carmen is a wanker, excellently put!

I do love this show, and will be tuning in, though I took up Foxtels’ excellent deal of free multi-room AND IQ/Installation that was running only last Wed, and it’s going to be installed this wed morning so I can tape and watch everything without staying up until 11.30pm (the end of the +2 version of the fashion show!)

11 Missy { 10.05.09 at 10:44 pm }

Hate to be shallow but I MUST say that Mark Bouris is one sexy silver fox!!! Oh my!!

12 Charcam { 10.06.09 at 3:16 am }

Very interesting, a romance between Gavin and Heather you say… nice couple. I checked on the apprentice website and it says that Gavin is in a relationship and that Heather is married. If it is true, I feel sorry for their partners. Great role models they are.

13 volly { 10.06.09 at 9:49 am }

Has Mark Bouris’s female advisor Diane Stone had plastic surgery or what??

14 Janet { 10.06.09 at 8:52 pm }

A friend of mine works with TV Week and apparently the big romance was happening and is mentioned by a LOT of contestants as the weeks go by – Distguisting thought if it is true, she has a daughter and he is an a relationahip. As the saying goes where there is smoke, you will find fire …LOL Cant wait to see this one unfold!

15 Maeve { 10.06.09 at 9:21 pm }

Great episode last night – I’m glad Lynton was fired, don’t you think???

16 Reality Raver { 10.07.09 at 10:56 am }

Volly – Diane definitely looks like she has had something done around her eyes.

Enigma – What do you mean about Amy Cato being a menace?

17 sourkraut { 10.07.09 at 1:15 pm }

Enigma
has she been texting the dreaded Chris B?