The Apprentice – Sam Hooper Has Been Offered A Job

Even though Sam Hooper, the 19 year old obsessive compulsive lawyer student, was never going to win season one of The Apprentice, he was one of the contestants to come through the show with his reputation intact.

After he was “fired” Mark Bouris told Sam to come see him, and now apparently he has offered him a part time job to fit in with his studies.

The Sun-Herald also reports that Mark Bouris was also considering offering John Van Yzerloo, but apparently he has found work elsewhere.

M

1 lydal { 11.29.09 at 10:19 pm }

Good on him! Young but with a lot of potential imo. I missed a couple of episodes at the start of the season so I don’t know who is John Van Yzerloo. Was he “good” enough for being offered a job now?

2 dmc { 11.30.09 at 6:17 am }

Er, no.

3 reality raver { 11.30.09 at 9:09 am }

Lydal – got to agree with DMC, from what I saw of John I was not that impressed. The huge stuff up from him was smoking outside the front of the five star hotel in the Marriott’s uniform, which made me think that he lacked judgement.

But maybe Mark Bouris saw something we did not see, and he was edited badly.

If you looke at the comments on the Finale post someone has come and commented about the editing, saying the girls had a lot more to do with the challenge then the editing would suggest.

4 lydal { 11.30.09 at 9:21 am }

I remember now watching this episode at the Marriott. I think it was the first for me. I didn’t know which was the name of the guy who was smoking outside… well that wasn’t clever at all so let’s hope there’s something else that we couldn’t see; maybe it’s related with being the most honest at work as Bouris said in the boardroom when he fired him ( if I remember it right).

5 Wurstsemmel { 11.30.09 at 12:23 pm }

I’m surprised that he would have considered John really. John didn’t seem to give a hoot really and seemed happy to let others do the work. Maybe, maybe it’s the editing (apart from the smoko) but if that’s the case, it would be pretty alarming to future applicants to this show, knowing they could be so badly misrepresented.

Good for Sam. I think he’ll work out better longer term than Morello.

6 sourkraut { 11.30.09 at 1:58 pm }

If Boris wants someone to provide verbal dire-rear (cant be bothered looking up a dictionary) at so called American inspired “brainstorming” (should that read spot the braincell?) session, then YUP he’s got the person for the job

7 turdburger { 12.01.09 at 9:57 am }

Funny isnt it…

Morello gets the job when clearly he was less qualified.
Gavin negotiates for the Brisbane YBR rights.
Sam gets a job.
Now John???

No place in the organisation for women?? (Maybe he’s just not into you…) is it just me… or do all of the 3rd, 6th and nth place offers devalue the real prize..?

8 Missapprentice { 12.01.09 at 6:15 pm }

I am really pleased to hear young Sam really did get offered a position in one of Marks Companies as at his age to get into such a competitive environment and still hold his own was pretty impressive.

I also remember Mark in a preview saying to someone “you remind me very much of myself at that age” but I never saw him mention this again during the show itself, so that must have been directed at young Sam at the time and good on him !!

As far as John goes I can’t see where his talents or strengths were either, they were well hidden if there were any and the smoking episode was an unforgivable faux pas regardless how it was edited as if he cant figure out for himself that was not the done thing then what does he know and what else is he oblivious to ???

I also wonder if Morello is really going to work for Mark Bouris or if Mark is just going to pay him to go away.

Maybe the latter would be more beneficial to the Companys image (!!)

9 bella vita { 12.01.09 at 11:04 pm }

RR, You may be interested looking up at Moonee Valley Leader, which is local paper where Morello is from. Today it had a huge 2 page feature with lots of Q & A’s with Morello and some interesting info.
Seems he will be working from Melb next year opening up 2 retail branches among other things..

10 Reality Raver { 12.01.09 at 11:30 pm }

Bella Vita – that would be perfect for Morello. I will see if the article is online.

Miss Apprentice – Well Bella Vita more or less answered the question of whether Morello was going to work for him. Agree re: John and the smoking – unforgivable poor judgement.

Wurstsemmel – I reckon Bouris felt sorry for John and wanted to help him out on his child support bill.

Turdburger – I think you have a point – no women offered jobs. Heather was capable.

11 bella vita { 12.04.09 at 2:38 am }

The article and paper has him on the front kissing his parents…and then a 2 page spread.
Some of the facts
1. He got the call from Bouris on the Sunday night to tell him he’d one and he started work in Sydney the next day (the day it aired)
2. A bit of teasing from new co workers calling him Apprentice, but said they were nice people and it was all a bit of fun
3. Talked about working his way up the working ladder…hard labour and jobs with his dad growing up to now working with his brother in real estate.
4. His title is National Biz Development Manager which is opening and overseeing their new branches starting with 2 in Melb next year…these branches will be selling money lending, insurance and financial advice to the average person.
5. Very close family obviously very proud. He is proud to be 23 and have a strong work ethic.He believes with hard work anything is possible.

Thats all i can remember! Sorry!

12 bella vita { 12.04.09 at 2:42 am }
13 Sheila Black { 12.05.09 at 2:37 am }

John could be the kitchen cook at Yellow Brick Road

14 Reality Raver { 12.05.09 at 10:06 am }

Bella Vita – you are the best – thanks for that. I think Morello has good core values and I think Bouris saw that. A job like that would not interest me in the slightest, but it is a perfect fit for him.

Sheila Black – you comment made me snigger.

15 Mark Bouris { 01.19.10 at 12:17 pm }

You all eat sh!t and need lives of your own, not reality shows.
Not only have I fired Morello, hes as useless as tits on a bull and a stupid wog, but you’re all fired…
Phuck wits…

Now go cook me some pancakes before I shoot the neighbors cat…