Gary Mehigan Defends Chris Badenoch – He Did Not Cheat

masterchef judges 1

In a TV Tonight article MasterChef Australia

judge Gary Mehigan states that he believes Chris Badenoch did not cheat as was alleged on A Current Affair.

An exerpt from the article says:

MasterChef judge and mentor Gary Mehigan says he finds it hard to believe claims that Chris Badenoch cheated in the TEN reality series.

“We were with those contestants, not 24 / 7, but that particular challenge at Chatswood we were there from 6:00 in the morning with these guys,” he said.

“I was with Chris when he went up and ordered, or before he ordered. They actually had a full on butcher’s section behind a meat counter with a head butcher. I think this is their showcase store, so if you ask them for a particular cut of meat, they’ll do it for you.

“He asked them what they had and had a poke around and looked at fillets, rib-eye and all the rest of it and then asked the guys to chop it up for him, which he did. And he did that in front of us.

“So how he cheated I don’t know, and he actually stuffed that one up completely. As far as I remember he came last because he overcooked and crucified 4 beautiful rib-eyed steaks.”

Well we all know Gary is a bit of a sweetie, however that story was thoroughly legalled, a chances are there was text message proof of his cheating or attempt to cheat.

Also since he had a mobile which possibly had internet access who knows what other cheating occurred. Was he contacting his friends to discuss recipe ideas or looking them on the webphone?

1 stickler123 { 10.05.09 at 9:43 pm }

i’m with you RR, this is very kind of Gary but doesn’t take away that Chris had a mobile with him in the house for most of the competition.

Also, Chris cheated his many girlfriends, his landlord/s, his businesses/ employees/ employers/ friends. This does NOTHING to take away from what has been proven of this creepy weirdo. It just means he’s got management begging ‘please – someone come forward and say he’s ok, he’s being cancelled from bookings and we’re losing money!’

2 Anonymous { 10.05.09 at 9:58 pm }

I wonder if Gary did this not to be kind to Chris, but rather to do it in an effort to save face and keep up the pretense of the wholesome MasterChef brand…

3 stickler123 { 10.05.09 at 10:13 pm }

you’re right, wouldn’t it be bliss if they said to chris, go away, shoo, scarper and we’ll say you didn’t cheat, as long as your shadow never darkens our doorway again.
Chris really has done nothing but demean the wholesome nature of the show. I’m still fascinated that he wasn’t screened more thoroughly before he was selected.

enough now

4 Anonymous { 10.06.09 at 4:00 am }

lol oh stickler, I’m not trying to put Chris on a stake and burn him here. I was referring to the way the show/Channel 10/the judges always go on about how pure and positive MasterChef is, when in reality I see it as quite manipulative and pre-ordained, but hey, things are rarely organic in the competitive reality tv world!

5 sourkraut { 10.06.09 at 1:46 pm }

I was right it was the Chatswood store at which my son works, and yes what Gary said about the meat Dept is correct. However so what?
The end result, whether using a mobile or not, is that he still had to cook the glop, and MOST of the time he did that better than the others!
Stickler123 “the wholesome nature of the show” Are you KIDDING? I just can’t be bothered giving examples of how dodgey this show was even if Chris had not been there

6 lydal { 10.06.09 at 2:42 pm }

C’mon! Ch10 should thank having a contestant like Chris. He’s giving a lot of publicity to them. Everybody will watch the next MC trying to find the “new Chris” or at least you are not going to forget that there’s a program called MC between one season and the other. (not talking about CelebMC, that’s another issue 😉 )

7 lll { 10.08.09 at 7:30 pm }

I couldnt stand that guy. My friend met him the other day and said he woz as ugly and grumpy in real life as he woz on teev. cheat cheat cheat

8 stickler123 { 10.10.09 at 7:20 pm }

he is fundamentally a bad person, and I know I go on, but how much longer does he have to taunt people? Sourkraut, I do understand your angles but I see it from another perspective, that is, another opinion.
I do wonder why we seem to think that it’s ok that he has treated people the way he does. He is in queensland this weekend. It’s all over the internet. My friend is a fan, she lives in brisbane and met him and he asked her for her phone number, I can’t type the rest, but she was offended and very upset.

9 stickler123 { 10.11.09 at 7:23 pm }

and have you read. he has been in brisbane taking advantage of someone else’s pain. Raising money for a wonderful cause (the childrens hospital) and using it purely for his own advantage ‘to make him look good’.
he is, no doubt, a nasty piece of work

and will prob become rich and famous for it.
he is bottom-feeding scum

10 sourkraut { 10.11.09 at 9:21 pm }

not a carp, but a politician you hate

11 Annon { 10.14.09 at 10:43 am }

Don’t keep us hanging Stickler, fill us in.

12 stickler123 { 10.17.09 at 8:22 pm }

wish I could fill you in, but she was so shocked at his behaviour I think she’s taking it further, so I can’t talk about it.