Beauty and The Geek – Episode 2 – Boner Alert

Without the geeks this show would not be entertaining, some of the wit is intentional, some of it is not. The girls are just bimbos and not very interesting nor attractive, unless you like a lot of makeup and hair product. Is this really our idealised version of beauty?

Basically the theme of the show was how much of a skank glamour model Kate was. What does a glamour model do between Ralph and FHM shoots, now that being  a beer wench at the cricket has been outlawed? She pouted and sulked throughout the whole episode. Maybe her party trick of being able to tie a knot in a snake with her tongue is something she can develop into a career.

Tonight the challenge for the geeks was to master the art of massage, otherwise known as boner alert  for these boys where a lot of them have limited physical interaction with the girls. For child genius Alan this was going to continue as Kate was not going to let him practice on her, and told him to practice on himself. He should have told her that is what he has always done and that was why he was on the show.

When they walked out to put their new found knowledge to practice the girls and guys appeared surprised when they realised they would have to massage them.  I had just presumed that they would be massaging their female partners. The twist was it was a speed dating massage, they had three minutes to massage each girl. The beauty’s were blind folded and ipoded up so they did not know who was who, and could give an unbiased score.

Xenogen had a weird fingertapping technique, which I don’t think would have scored very highly. I know that this is naughty but since these guys have barely touched a girl I wondered if any of them got any stirrings to put it politely.

Peter the cute biologist got one of the highest scores as did Corin who took at the win, which meant they had won two challenges in a row. Does this mean they are perceived as a threat on the show?

Peter and Michelle are my favourite couple, and really is he a geek? Also Michelle the meter maid is getting a lot of air time.

The beauty’s challenge was to learn anatomy.

Again which airline is Jenna working for considering she said she did not know any anatomy, didn’t she have to do a first aid course to get her flying wings?

The girls also had human bodies to draw on for their anatomical test, but they did not have to do sully their hands on the geeks bodies, they got buffed wax men. Which I actually thought was quite rank of the producers. These guys probably have shaky self esteem when it comes to their bodies and this would not have increased it.

Corin said “It was harder then watching the Star Wars prequel”.

I find Kimberley, who is a beauty queen, a bit hard to warm to. She seems to think she is much more attractive than she actually is. She thinks she can rely on her looks for the next 20 year. Huh? Also what does she do in real life when she is not beauty queening?

This anatomy battle got down to Michelle and Jenna who had to paint on the guys bodies where they thought the appendix was. Jenna must have thought host Brendan Curry said appendage instead of appendix as she tugged her boxes down a bit. Who am I kidding I would have tried to do that as well.

Michelle won so her and Peter were safe,  however they now had to nominate someone to be eliminated from the show.

Corin and Lisa nominated Jenna and Toby. Peter and Michelle nominated Kate and Alan. I felt sorry for Alan as he just cracked me up with some of his comments. He said if they stayed he would like to show her how to get on with other people, and he said he would show her his speciality of “covering up my emotions and getting on with the job”. Interesting I thought the beauty’s job was to make the geeks socially more acceptable.

The format was the girls had to answer two question each on anatomy. I thought it was a bit unfair that Kate’s last question gave no answer options ie not multiple choice, as the other three had. Kate got one wrong.

Alan could not catch up and was eliminated with Kate. Alan is just a cutie it is a pity he had to go.

1 CG { 10.16.09 at 1:20 am }

RR: I don’t watch this show but did one of the guys really get a boner and they didn’t edit it out? I have seen some boners on DWTS. My husband always asks why I notice these things, I respond: how the hell can you not notice!! Haha, men.

2 Kyvyny { 10.16.09 at 2:07 am }

Jenna looks rather familiar for some reason. She’s a fave so far.

It’s not at all interesting to note that a lot of the geeks speak rather proper, if not smooth, that it becomes rather stiff.

Kimberly has a rather long face.

Sad to see Alan go so soon. Stuck and drowning with the unglamorous model.

3 TDK { 10.16.09 at 10:11 am }

My god, hate Kate to the bone.
Alan was unfortunate to have such a bitch for a partner.
All throughout the show she puts on this face where I just want to punch.

4 Dolph Ziggler { 10.16.09 at 10:17 am }

Dolph aint letting Kate anywhere near his snake.

5 Breeze { 10.16.09 at 10:46 am }

Last night was my first ep and is now my new favourite show. It was the funniest hour I have spent in a long time. Kate looked like she was physically going to throw up when they were told that the Geeks were going to massage them. Unfortunately it seems a mirror image rip off of the US version, and the challenges are identical which is a bit dissapointing. And can someone pleae tell me what is going on with Bernard Curry’s hair??? Has he been to the Tv Host Hairdressing Salon???

6 Reality Raver { 10.16.09 at 12:11 pm }

CG – I did not see anything, and I hope the camera were not training their cameras on that area, however those poor boys it would have been the first time some of the boys have ever touched a girl.

TDK and KYVNY – I agree sorry to see Alan go he was funny, Paul is probably the most “boring” geek at the moment, he should have been first to go. I still don’t think some of these guys are geeks.

Breeze and Dolph – I don’t think Kate will be making a post reality TV career in the limelight. Am I the only person in the Australia who has no idea who Bernard Curry is?

7 Lilly { 10.16.09 at 3:18 pm }

Wasn’t Kate on Ladette to Lady too? I’m sure I recognised that sulky face…….and the snake trick………

8 Lilly { 10.16.09 at 3:44 pm }
9 suez { 10.16.09 at 8:57 pm }

Felt very sorry for Alan. Made a bad choice picking sour puss Kate with a lousy attitude to boot. She can’t think of anyone else but herself. Fancy not bothering to help your partner -doubt that by massaging your ‘body’ has any effect on him. Grow up girl!

10 Reality Raver { 10.16.09 at 9:26 pm }

Lilly – I think that picture is Sky from Ladette to Lady. However I could be wrong I just looked over my recaps of the series and I don’t write about a Kate. However there were not indepth recaps.

11 Culinary Boner { 10.17.09 at 10:35 am }

Based on the additional airtime he got because he was going to be eliminated, it’s pretty clear Alan has very dry sense of humour. Perhaps the ABC or SBS could offer him a 15-minute advice and info show, feauturing an educational segment of some esoteric subject followed by some deadpan, Zen-like, life advice. I’d certainly watch it. Afterall how many Child Genius’s are there in Australia?

Also what’s with the so-called career descriptors for the so-called ‘beauties’ (aka bogan skanks)? Glamour model?, beauty queen? etc… Why don’t they just give us the truth. Let’s try unemployed and too stupid, lazy or self-indulgent to get a real job. Or are these job titles just code for… well, you know.

In next week’s episode, the skanks visit the Mercedes Corby House de Beaute and the geeks organise a toga party.

12 lee { 10.17.09 at 8:36 pm }

The asian geeks are always the first to be chosen for elimination. This is racist!!

13 sourkraut { 10.17.09 at 11:24 pm }

Reality Raver
Missed the ep thank god, but got curious so looked at your as usual highly descriptive summary. That lead me to thinking about your comment re kimberly relying on her looks for 20 years……………..SO what happens in 20 years and one day when the puppies drop like razor strops and she plays soccer with them, the brown tanned skin turns to wrinkled leather and science in all its magnificent glory discovers that botox is carcinogenic???????????

14 anita { 10.18.09 at 9:27 pm }

has anyone found the brand or where to get Jenna’s white dress that she wore to elimenation… i have looked everywhere and i really want to get it… anyone?

15 Reality Raver { 10.18.09 at 11:38 pm }

Lee – you may be right about a bit of racism, however my interpretation was they were nominated because Kate was being such a scrag.

Sourkraut – the irony is that I don’t think Kimberley is at all attractive now.

16 sourkraut { 10.19.09 at 1:06 pm }

R R
so in twenty years and one day??????????????????????