Beauty And The Geek – Hadassah Has A Brain Freeze

Last week in an interview with geek Toby Latcham here , he said that he thought some of the beauties on Beauty and the Geek had the capability of going to university. Clearly Hadassah was not one of them. I am prepared to give her the benefit of hte doubt on the question related to animal transport, but how could she think Karl Benz was an englishman? Seriously how many english guys does she know who are named Karl. And why didn’t she click that the name may be related to the German car Mercedes Benz.

Well her stupidity meant Xenogene, a genuine geek  and cool dude was eliminated. To say I am unhappy is an understatement.

Ok if Xenogene had contained his exuberance on the go-kart challenge, he may not had the spectacular stack and would have won. But that is why I like Xenogene, it is his 100% enthusiasm for everything he tackles. And he is sweet. He was the only person who thought Michelle and Lisa’s mushroom risotto was ok for a first attempt.

This week the two teams that won the challenges were automatically in finale with a shot at winning the $100,000. The Geeks challenge was to teach a class at a gym.

Xenogene motivated his gym bunnies by talking in an Arnie type voice.  He was quite funny.

Corin did some bad dance moves, and basically being a poor man’s Richard Simmonds.

Peter did an animal workout, which was funny and original, and Jeremy who is the most athletic out of the geeks made his aerobics moves overly complex.

When Corin won the challenge he did his over the top geek moves. How many challenges has he won?

The girls had to build a billy-kart. Hadassah was confident with this challenge as she has done wood and metal work at school.  She was third to finish the kart, and that meant Xenogene was third on the “grid”. Props to Michelle for completing the kart first and it was still complete when it crossed the finishing line.

Ok the go-kart race was hilarious and I was barracking for Xenogene, as he looked so pleased with himself flying down that hill. But he stacked, the car broke and he was bypassed by Peter who went onto win.

Hadassah and Xenogene went head to head with Emma and Jeremy in the elimination test, but lost.

Xenogene was such an open and honest person, and he even though he felt he was in ‘love’ with Emma, he took her rejection of him with dignity.

The last episode appears to turn  into an amazing race scenario with the teams racing around Sydney to find the geeks. I am not sure where the geek and beauty challenges with fit into this.

1 charades { 11.19.09 at 11:19 pm }

I am finding it harder and harder to believe Corin is anywhere near a geek.
I think I am over this show big time…… because the wrong one went tonight I felt, and it really lacks credibility to me.
I still could not watch it all of the way through . Most of the time I wanted to smack the young ladies in the mouth :)

2 Wurstsemmel { 11.19.09 at 11:53 pm }

Sorry to see Xenogene go. Without him, no point in blowing an hour on this show.

Jumbo jets first flew in 1803? Who’d have think it?

3 lydal { 11.20.09 at 7:11 am }

Yes, That answer to a the jumbo made me wander how Emma can go to university. If this is right, levels are veeeery low! I hadn’t any idea of the year but for sure not the 18th century!! 😉

4 Injera { 11.20.09 at 11:44 am }

Also very sorry to see Xenogene go and sorry that Corin and Lisa remain (how did he win that challenge over a remarkable Xeno and a pretty entertaining Peter?). Corin’s faux-geek schtick was particularly annoying during the “gym stick” demonstration, but Lisa’s “I’m an actress” dramatic gestures and extreme facial expressions were equal to his theatrics. (“I told him in my own words…” – huh?)

1803. Brilliant!

5 TDK { 11.20.09 at 11:50 am }

I’ve been taking this show very lightly, and try not to let it affect my emotion, other than a few laughs.
Until tonight’s episode, I couldn’t take it anymore.
I must speak my mind, at the least RR will read it and understand that this program has no benefit to anyone at all.
It dumbs down the public and gives the message to say that being stupid is ok.

I cringed so many times through this episode that I think I’m going spastic.
How come all the guys always say that they are surprised that the girls are really intelligent? Really? BS!!
It must have been my sub-conscious, but tonight even it was so fed up it snapped. I’ve now noticed that for every 5 seconds of real footage, there’s a shot back to the contentents infront of the camera commenting. Bloody hell, they’re running out of legitimate footage to show us? I don’t really care what you think girls. My god Channel 7!!

Oh and the final is gonna be an amazing race style.
WTF does that have to do with the context of the show?!!
If I wanted to watch amazing race I’ll watch amazing race, not this!!
I agree, Xenogen (what a name!!) is legit, and a delight to watch.
The rest are just putting up a show; an annoying one at that.

6 TDK { 11.20.09 at 11:55 am }

Oh, the 1803 answer was probably Emma pretending she’s really really dumb, she doesn’t know the real answer, so she’s probably purposely said it so far off for the show to hold up its “dumb beauty” agenda.

7 Reality Raver { 11.20.09 at 12:19 pm }

TDK – I think your comments are extremely valid. I am glad Channel 7 are doing a second series, however I think it maybe difficulty to maintain the audience.

Whereas I doubt Nine will commission a second series, but I think an 8.30 time slot, and some good challenges like they had this year and they would easily get it over the magic million mark.

Also I tend to agree with you I think Emma fudged the year just to make good tv.
I have never watched the US version of the show, but does anyone know what the final challenges have been on that series? Was it something related to geekdom?

Injera – Agree Xenogene should have won the gym challenge, particularly to get the geniune geek through to the final episode. BTW I do think Jeremy and Peter are genuine geeks. But find it hard to believe that some fellow science chick has spotted Peter as being the bit of carbon that could be polished into a diamond.

Charades – Apparently Corin is a geek who can talk to chicks and is co-ordinated. Go figure. I probably wouldn’t have too much of a problem of him being a fake if he was a little bit amusing. But Xenogene, Toby, and Alan were the three that provided the laughs on the show.

BTW I was really starting to like Hadassah so sorry to see her go as well.

Wurstsemmel you have watched all the rest of the episodes you are going to miss the final one?

Lydal – For the record I was three year’s off. When is temptation going to be start up again? Also Emma went to marketing college, which I don’t consider a real uni. Sorry guys

8 Wurstsemmel { 11.20.09 at 4:45 pm }

I have it on in the background, RR, while I’m working, but I lost any real interest a while back.

9 It Geek { 11.20.09 at 5:32 pm }

Corin has spoiled this show for me. Just too fake

10 Cal { 11.20.09 at 5:47 pm }

This show is just too bland without toby. And without xenogene its going to be even worse. Yawn…

11 Laura { 11.20.09 at 11:15 pm }

Xenogene was soo cute having a crush on Emma. She does seem like a really sweet girl, and it is nice to know that guys prefer her over the exhibitionists with bigger boobs, smaller brains and screechier voices.

12 par3182 { 11.21.09 at 12:44 am }

The US version has had several different ways of picking a winner – Season One had a series of trivia questions about how much they had learned about their partner; Season Three had the eliminated teams return to vote which of the final teams had changed the most, and Season Four’s winning team was picked by a public vote.

13 Reality Raver { 11.21.09 at 8:34 am }

par3182 – Interesting that they mixed it up. I will reserve judgement until I have seen the final episode here, hopefully there will be a derserved winner out of it all.

14 sourkraut { 11.21.09 at 10:46 am }

Greetings all
I missed the previous ep but this made me sit up and boil!
What’s Engineering exclaimed one of our beautiful Mensas (with not even a hint of mal functioning engineered underwear releasing the puppies to give the engineered kleenex a run). At that point I reached painfully down from the oldengineered sour chair (with gout not making my mood any better) for the ENGINEERED lever that set of the ENGINEERED handy-dandy, ajax, acme, jiffy whiffy TV ad destroying excocet missile ( but wait there’s more, I’ll throw in/at a set of engineered steak knives) aimed directly at boofheade reality tv and guess what?……………..Yeah it failed to go off, just like the Mensa’s efforts at copying a billy cart. Oh well even the greatest engineers like me have the occasional failure.
Anyhoo I had my moment of triumph when hardassa ( where duz that name come from?) was asked the nationality of Gottlieb Benz, thought that english was the right answer, no doubt based on the Englishness of the sound of the name. SIGH I need the wet hoover doover again to clean up the mess.
Lastly How the fargone heck did Corin win the P E Training contest. I am sick to the bum -hole of the editing on these shows. Do the producers really think this is such a nation of thick-heads (yes I wallowed in nostalgia and watched the Paul hogan show last week) that we cant see thru the bullshit of the “during episode” (reality after episode) interviews that show one thing, and then end in completely another. What a RIG

15 Franklin Mint { 11.21.09 at 8:41 pm }

season 2 in the states finished the way it looks like the next epsiode will end. The teams are split into the hummer limos to search for the geeks. Its the beauties that have to use their orienteering skills (geek skills) to find everyone with no help from the geeks. from memory.

i remember jewlery and having to pick up dresses and clothes as well, but cant remember where that fit in with the geek challenge.

hope thats some help.