Beauty And The Geek Finale – So The Fake Geek and Fake Beauty Made The Final Two. Hmm

Once the fake geek (Corin), and the fake beauty (Emma) were both in teams in the final two I kind of lost interest. The Amazing Race type scenario was a yawn, the clues were too easy, and there were no witty to camera scenes. A bit of anti-climatic finish to what has been a pretty good show.

The first part of the show was an Amazing Race type scenario where the last three teams standing had to find three beauty or geeks and be one of the first two teams to make it back to the mansion.

Kat was picked up on Bondi beach by Michelle and Peter. Michelle looked pretty fit running  up Bondi beach, and Peter did look like a geek lumbering up behind her.

At Luna Park there was a foot race between Corin’s and Jeremy’s team to pick up Elyse. Corin won.

Again there was a race between Peter and Michelle, and Jeremy and Emma at King’s Comics, which Jeremy’s team won, partially due to Michelle and Peter running the wrong way.

Corin and Lisa found everyone in about a 2 km radius, as they  picked up Alan and Toby in The Rocks vicinity. Got to say I think I prefer Toby with curly hair. They made it back to the house first. I am sorry Bernard Curry is no Phil Keoghan. With Emma and Jeremy arriving second. Peter and Michelle were eliminated.

There was a flat looking party, would you be drinking if you had a $100,000 test the next day but it did not seem to stop them.

The final quiz was one where it was to show how much they knew about their partner. It was all correct answer’s until Lisa’s final question where she was asked what sport was Corin was playing when he broke a bone when he was young. The answer was rugby, however Lisa answered badminton. How does anyone break bones playing badminton? this gave Emma the opportunity to answer the next question correctly to ensure her and Jeremy won the first season of the show.

I really enjoyed the first series of Beauty and the Geek, except for this episode which felt a bit flat, but has the show got a second series in it? I suppose it will depend on the casting, which hopefully will be more rigorous then season one.

1 Wurstsemmel { 11.26.09 at 11:41 pm }

So predictable and the biggest looking geek was Bernard with his bouffant hair. Where did they dig this guy up from?

I can’t see a series 2.

2 Shawn { 11.27.09 at 4:34 am }

Once I saw Emma and Corin get in it was just a yawn +10 for me.

I watched it because I had seen every episode but it wouldn’t have been hard to turn it off before the final questions.

And come on badminton? I thought it was going to football or rugby and I didn’t evne know them.

The Amazing Race style was weak though, the clues where just way too easy…omg! I was figuring them out as they read them. Surley they could’ve made it a bit harder.

I doubt I’ll get into a second season, I’m sure it will be the last though.

3 Culinary Boner { 11.27.09 at 9:55 am }

Have to agree 100% with Wurstsemmel on Bernard’s bouffant.

Having seen the tragic metro-manwear that Bernard was sporting throughout the series – overly tight shirts with strange patterning that have to be this decade’s equivalent of the 70s Safari suit – he is obviously well on his way to perfecting a new geek style – the metro-geek.

Suave, but unsophisticated.

All he needed was to get into the movember swing of things and we’d have a truly memorable fashion statement. This last show was crap, unfortunately.

4 Anon_sydney { 11.27.09 at 10:26 am }

Would have to agree. As soon as fake geek and fake beauty was in the finals i was ready to switch off… at least it wasn’t Corin though.

I would watch a second season..it was my feel good tv show of the last few months… but unfortunately the fake’ies did ruin it for me. More Xenogen’s and Peter’s for the next season please!

5 par3182 { 11.27.09 at 11:01 am }

I’m not sure Emma could be classified as a ‘fake beauty’ – just looking at her refutes that.

Speaking of beauties, Nathan’s makeover was the highlight of the season (and it happened offscreen).

After Peter and Michelle lost the not so amazing race my only interest was hoping Corin didn’t win.

6 Reality Raver { 11.27.09 at 11:08 am }

Par3182 – What I meant by fake beauty is that she is not “stupid”, which was one of the things the beauties were supposedly meant to be.

Wurstsemmel and Shawn – they are currently casting for the second series.

Anon_Sydney and culinary boner – I agree the last episode was dull.

7 Anon_sydney { 11.27.09 at 11:54 am }

I think fake ditz is a better description because they aren’t really stupid.. Jenna wasn’t that stupid either.. but she was a real ditz.

8 Jay Bird { 11.28.09 at 11:06 am }

So does anyone know if ‘anything’ actually happened between Corin and Emma (or anyone else) Or was it all just a publicity beat up?

9 sourkraut { 11.28.09 at 5:47 pm }

Ho Ho Hum

10 Bruno { 11.29.09 at 3:28 pm }

Im sad corin and lisa didnt win, emma and jermeny were boring.

11 Muzza { 12.01.09 at 4:01 pm }

I wanted Corin and Lisa to win, for me they were the most entertaining of the bunch. Oh well, roll on season 2.