Seven Celebrity MasterChef Contesants Revealed – Not Bad, Not Bad At All

The first seven of the eighteen Celebrity MasterChef contestants have been revealed, and it is an interesting and ecletic mix. My only question is can any of them actually cook?

The seven names are:

• Anna Bligh, Premier of Queensland, who has said she will use the show to promote Queensland produce;
  • Eamon Sullivan, Olympic swimmer, it will be interesting to see if he can cook, expect a lot of carbs;
  • Alex Perry, fashion designer, and reality TV professional (he is a judge on Australia’s Next Top Model), I expect George Colambaris and him to bond over their shared Greek heritage, however this could be a disadvantage if he cooks his homelands cuisine;
  • Peter Fitzsimmons, journalist, broadcaster, and author – being a former competative sports person, he will want to win;
  • Michelle Bridges, The Biggest Loser personal trainer, will probably stick to low fat healthy food, which will not go down well with George, Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston who are not adverse to high fat food indulgences, expect to hear complaints on underseasoning;
  • Indira Naidoo, news anchor and journalist, she also has a food blog Saucy Onion, so she is a serious competitor; and
  • Kathleen De Leon former Hi 5 performer, she will appeal to younger viewer and the mothers whose kids watched the show. Now she is a mother to a young child so I expect simple food with a twist.

Now what you really want to know is how is this competition going to roll.

Well they will be split into groups of three, each celebrity will compete in one heat. Pitted against two others and facing two classic MasterChef challenges. Only one celebrity in each heat will be judged good enough to win a pass through to the semi-final.

The six celebrities who make it this far will face further culinary challenges to try and impress the judges and secure a spot in the Celebrity MasterChef grand finale.

Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris, and Matt Preston are back, but it would appear Sarah Wilson will no longer be the host.

The show will premier on Channel Ten on Wednesday 30th September at 7.30pm.

1 h&b { 09.03.09 at 10:47 pm }

Ooh – thanks for the info.

Sarah – look, no offence, but she was kind of superfluous, bummer for her, but Gary’s the deal.

2 Injera { 09.03.09 at 11:03 pm }

Love Indira Naidoo, but as for the others – thought it was Celebrity Masterchef, not Arbitrary Masterchef…

3 Anonymous { 09.03.09 at 11:10 pm }

I’d love to see Matt Preston as the host, although I didn’t mind Sarah – I just think she wasn’t given anything to do. But yeah, would definitely prefer Matt over Gary.

4 stickler123 { 09.04.09 at 7:53 am }

does anyone know if any former contestants will be making appearances?
would love to see poh and justine again

5 TDK { 09.04.09 at 10:14 am }

Not sure why, but I am not excited about MasterChef anymore.
Not a tiny little bit.

6 Reality Raver { 09.04.09 at 11:56 am }

Stickler 123 – I suspect the top 6 from MasterChef will be trotted out for Celebrity MasterChef.

TDK – I was a bit ho hum about the celebrity masterchef, but have perked up now I have seen the contestants. But I have been a big fan of Peter Fitzsimmons for a long time, and I am hoping Anna Bligh won’t be too stage managed.

Injera – Is it because of lack of Melbourne celebs I am sure they will be in the next round of announcements

7 Injera { 09.04.09 at 12:39 pm }

I’m not really bothered about where the contestants hail from, just that it seems a bit low energy for the first outing of a celebrity version. Usually by season three or four, producers are having to scrape the bottom of the celebrity barrel, but I thought for the inaugural season they might be able to get some star wattage happening.

Still, it’s got to be better than Dancing with the Great outdoors, or whatever it was that seven was advertising last night!

8 sourkraut { 09.06.09 at 2:19 pm }

Reality Raver
What’s being able to cook got to do with ANYTHING on Masterchef ? The results of the first series proved that.
Celebrities BAH, it’ll just be an excuse for political spin and meedja scandals. Look out for the subliminal messages flashing across the bottom of the screen. I could name some but in the sense of “genteelity” i wont bother

9 sourkraut { 09.06.09 at 2:21 pm }

PS
Seeing Indeedy Ido cooking up some Indian curries would actually make the show worth watching temporarily, provided they told us in which show it was gonna happen first!

10 cheekychic { 09.06.09 at 6:01 pm }

I’m looking forward to the variety of ethnic foods that might come out via Indira and KAthleen

11 More Celebrity MasterChef Australia Contestant’s Revealed | reality ravings { 09.07.09 at 1:07 am }

[…] For my opinion on those contestants go here. […]