Channel Ten Announce Their 2010 Programming – Australian Idol Is Still On It

Well if Australian Idol is dead someone has not told the Channel Ten publicity team, as it has been included in the 2010 program lineup.

However I suspect if they were thinking of killing it off they would not want to do that at time where they want positive press for there next year’s viewing schedule. They did not want Australian Idol axed headline, to overshadow some the new shows they will be launching.

One of the new shows will be Junior Masterchef where kids (I think 9-12 year olds) will cooking for the shows judges George Calombaris and Matt Preston. Let’s hope they are not diluting the brand to much. However it would appear Celebrity Masterchef will not be returning.

Channel Ten however do have their usual high quality of reality TV scheduled with The Biggest Loser, So You Think You Can Dance Australia, and MasterChef Australia.

All of these will be supported by Ten’s superior digital online sites. Something the other channels would do well to emulate.

If you are reading this article on TV.com please come across and join the discussion and check out my blog on www.realityravings.com

1 sourkraut { 10.30.09 at 2:16 pm }

Good old 10! When you’re on a perceived good thing (MC and Son of MC and MC strikes back etc etc etc) FLOG the living C#&p out of it till it’s D-E-D, dead and never mind about exploiting Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Reality Raver { 10.30.09 at 8:28 pm }

Sourkraut – they should have just kept viewers hanging out for the real thing.

3 sourkraut { 11.02.09 at 1:14 pm }

yeah I agree it would give grumblebums like me more to bitch about.
Surely all the comments on the nett about MC1 haven’t discouraged them. Better to fix the product to what the customer wants rather than just giving up?

4 Emma Hend3er son { 01.17.10 at 2:14 pm }

I what be on Austrailan Idol Emma hasd Geat voice
Whact Asutrailan Idol on channa 10 Emma I whats be on Idol
Emma try out Asutraila IdolI what to sing Idol Emma sing Grease Try out iDOL

5 Kylie { 01.27.10 at 8:23 pm }

Please can someone please!!!! tell the network that the age group for Australian Idol should be raised to 35 and under i mean really they need to get a little more people whom have some life exsperience in what they are singing about so please!!!! can the age group be moved up for some quality singers please!!!!!

6 Emma { 02.05.10 at 8:59 pm }

I really hope that Australian Idol is on this year, because i have not had the cvonfidence to try out in the past years… so i hope that it is on so i can try to live out my dream. I hate the thought that i won’t even be able to try…..

7 Corey { 02.15.10 at 1:19 pm }

heyy does anyone know when the Darwin Auditions are because i really want to auditon. please tell me it would be great if you’s could let me know. thanxx

8 reality raver { 02.15.10 at 1:41 pm }

Corey – Australian Idol is being rested this year. There fore there will be no auditions. There is no news on whether it will back in 2011

9 abby { 02.21.10 at 1:51 pm }

does anyone know when the auditions for Junior masterchef are on and where? let me know please. thanks

10 w00tb0y { 02.23.10 at 10:49 am }

http://www.throng.com.au/ten/ten-2010-ten-programming-2010….. if you actually look instead of speculating and listening to the tv and newspaper TEN actually tells you that Australian idol will be back this year!!!! even tho they had poor ratings

11 Reality Raver { 02.23.10 at 10:57 am }

wootboy – If you look at the date of the throng article is 2009. Ten did not announce it was resting Idol at its launch as it did not want that to be the story overshadowing all their other shows that were commencing this year.

Australian Idol is definitely being rested this year. Two of the executive producers are now working on Australia’s Got Talent.

12 meegan { 04.07.10 at 5:10 pm }

i dont think it is fair that they cut it off this year when there is so much talent coming in years to come.
for me, 2011 was my year to audition and i have wanted to ever since the show has started running. i think the television show is a hit, and they would be stupid to cut it off.

13 mitchel jones { 04.15.10 at 8:02 pm }

who the fuck wants to watch master chef (kids) master chef is fucking gay, why do you want to watch cooking, do you want to be a bunch of fat fucks dude, over this man, why would you kick Aussie idol as well, unbelievable talent is associated with that show, and now your plucking it cause some people don’t wanna watch you cant just say, that less people will watch next year that’s bull shit, of course they will watch, more will, man, don’t base your support on 1 years statistics, its cause it was a kiwi, no offense Stan, but Australians just aren’t use to the kiwi act, some don’t like them, i do, my best friend is kiwi, but please don’t cancel it this year.