Category — If I Can Dream
I really want If I Can Dream, the internet show to do well. It is an interesting concept, where five people live in a house with 60 cameras and are chasing their dream in Hollywood. Helped along with the fabulous connections of executive producer Simon Fuller.
You can watch the going ons in the house 24/7, but once a week you can watch a thirty minute episode which updates us on what is going on.
This week it was episode three, and it was about the guys first week in the house, however they have now been in the house for a good two weeks, so I would have liked it to be a bit more current.
My other criticism is that it concentrated more on the five ‘characters’ chasing their dream, ie meeting their acting coaches, model coaches etc, then showing us some of the house dynamics. So I did not find the episode that riveting.
But here are a few thoughts on the episode:
- They did show Giglianne the wannabe model eating, something I had not seen her do in the house yet. Albeit it was a very small amount and she was eating it slowly;
- Gigli also went on a casting call for Bebe for a catwalk show, but missed out because of her height. I would love to know how tall she is, as she seems shorter than the other girls in the house;
- Justin the wannabe singer/songwriter spent time with a professional songwriting pair JT Harding and Blair Daly, this guy probably will be successful, and I bet he performs on the American Idol final night;
- Amanda, Kara, and Ben all wannabe actors got to meet their acting coach. What amazed me was Amanda did not appear to have any drama training, she just see herself as a comedy actress.
Hopefully as the episodes continue they will show more scenes with the contestant’s interacting, also next week seems interesting as Giglianne gets told off about something.
March 18, 2010 1 Comment
An historic first has started in the reality genre, with the reality show If I Can Dream premiering on the internet this week.
The premise of the show produced/created by Simon Fuller is five people go live in a house together to try and fulfill their dreams in LA.
There is a 30 minute show each week to watch on Hulu, and and you can also watch live action from the house 24/7. And it proving to be pretty addictive. It is like The Truman Show but the cast know that they are in it. And like The Truman Show it goes on in perpetuity.
The cast members are all young and good looking:
- Kara – An aspiring actress who in a radio interview said “this is not a reality TV show” – huh clearly she missed the memo from Simon Fuller.
- Amanda – an aspiring actress who was previously flipping burgers at 24, I would have thought she would have been working on a Plan B like college at this stage.
- Giglianne – an aspiring model, extremely attractive, but she seems a little short.
- Justin – an aspiring songwriter/singer, who dated Miley Cyrus, and
- Ben – an aspiring actor who has also modelled.
However once they get their break they leave the house and someone else takes it. You can audition at If I Can Dream and overseas applications are welcome.
One thing I would like to see on the show is someone over 24, talented, but not necessarily fabulously good looking. The talented singer who does not look like Britany. The actress or actor who is not a size 6. Also it would be good to have an aspiring comedian or dancer in the house to add a bit of occupational diversity. As one of the great things about reality TV is seeing the ordinary person’s life transformed.
They have only been in the house two days and already there appears to be a cooling of the friendship between Amanda and Kara. Also I thought I heard on the livestream that Justin and Giglianne were ‘dating’. Apparently inter-cast interaction has not been banned.
Anyway check it out at If I Can Dreamalso you can follow it on Twitter, Facebook and My Space.
March 4, 2010 No Comments
Reality TV guru Simon Fuller, the man behind American Idol, and So You Think You Can Dance, has announced his new reality TV, and it will be shown on the internet only.
Sunrise website says the show If I Can Dream will follow five hopefuls as they try to break into their chosen field.
The twist is that the show will film their experiences 24 hours a day, seven days a week, broadcasting all angles not on TV but live on the internet, free of editing or manipulation. I don’t think I will be doing full recaps of that show.
As each person is successful, they leave the house and a new person takes their place, and the super fabulous news Australians can apply to go on it.
To sign up for information on the show go to http://www.ificandream.com/
February 1, 2010 1 Comment