The Amazing Race – The Globetrotters Eliminated

Firstly I just want to say I am not happy with the day change for The Amazing Race, as I nearly forgot it was on last night.

Anyway the final three have been decided, with the seemingly invincible Megan and Cheynne winning the leg yet again.

However was I disappointed the Globetrotters were eliminated? Yes. Did I think they deserved to be? Yes.

Seriously you take a four hour time penalty for not completing the Roadblock challenge. You would have been able to write down all the combinations in that time. And seriously the second letter in the word could only be A or R there are not words starting with FN or FZ.

1 lydal { 12.09.09 at 2:29 pm }

Completely agree about globetrotters. Not very clever… though I thought it wasn’t fair the way one of the brothers was behaving during the roadblock. Sharing/not sharing the resulting word.
Every episode I watch, every episode I like Megan more. Under pressure she’s calm and knows how to calm down her partner. She’s playing her game without being “evil” with the other teams. Hope they win.

2 Anon { 12.09.09 at 2:38 pm }

LOL, I was gobsmacked that some could really be that stupid. 5 letters, 1 vowel, how many combinations could there really be? I guess it’s the simple case of all brawn, no brains.

Go Megan!

3 Wurstsemmel { 12.09.09 at 2:41 pm }

Yup, left speechless. The letter combinations were limited.
Quite a boring episode again.

Still supporting the brothers (my pick from episode 1).

4 sourkraut { 12.09.09 at 3:18 pm }

RR
In the alphabet soup that passes for the Czech langwidge any combination of letters could be valid, but to figure out the name Franz is not brain surgery and meghan and shayne did it first or second go.
Anyway, again the show for me (alone) was spoiled because of the “arse ” factor involved in going through the phones, although with a system this factor was admittedly reduced.
Any Anyhoo I was wrong in my last episode comment. Karma IS alive and well as the globe trotters (for whom I ORIGINALLY barracked) got the royal order of the bottom. Hooray. They were pretty mean in some of the previous eps so when the Dopey bros finked on them I thought it was fair enuff.
Now…How come in This ep there were taxis waiting for them at each stop, and they all spoke English, and not a single one of the taxi drivers fucked up or ran out of gas??????????????????????/
In the Kryo-thingy I wanted to see Megahn and shayne “sharing bodily heat” I suppose the steamed up door was a result of it? (no not really all the dangly bits would have been frozen?)And to the “blues” Bros…yar boo sucks. pot and kettle. re the phone supervisors being arrogant douches. If i had been a supervisor it would have been all i could do to stop myself larfing in their stupid arrogant faces!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally the carry the beers bit was hilarious! gave our charming Yank couple a chance to show their sense of humor…..which was non existent.
Hope meghan & Shayne win. They are by far the most deserving and most competent team. That being said , no doubt something will be thrown in there way by the producers to stop this happening. (cant have a quivering BLONDE jelly winning can we?) YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! and NO NO NO this is NOT a spoiler, its just my own stupid opinion based on observations of past so-called reality tv shows.

5 Injera { 12.09.09 at 10:17 pm }

Sourkraut, I hope that the search phrase “quivering blonde jelly” directs straight to RR… in fact, I think I’ll have a crack at it as soon as I post this.

Agree that we can’t necessarily rule out FN combos in a language we don’t know -fnah, fnah! – but I would have thought the trotters might have come across Franz just by fluke.

Loved that the Samdans were whinging about how “mean” the challenge invigilators were! Woe is them.

Losing the Erica love, but I’m still a sucker for her husband, so I hope they do well. Meghan and Cheyne have run a pretty faultless race (although I find her occasional “enCOURage me, Cheyne!” demands to be a bit grating, and I do still think they are androids) so deserve a good result. Samdan? Annoying.

6 Injera { 12.09.09 at 10:19 pm }

Ha! Raver, you have the top Google result on the search “quivering blonde jelly”!

7 Reality Raver { 12.09.09 at 11:01 pm }

Injera – So glad I am number one on “quivering blonde jelly” I look forward to all the people with weird sexual fetishes to hit my blog.

Agree about Meaghan I think Cheyne would have been eliminated ages ago if it had not been for her.

8 Kyvyny { 12.10.09 at 1:21 am }

Leave it to Ch7 to go switching the days all around coming to the finale.

Such a bone head move by the Globetrotters to cut the road block and take a four hour penalty. Wonder just how far behind they were though walking to the pit stop.

Still excited watching Meghan and Cheyne power through the legs. They really are all on her shoulders, really drives the team.

9 sourkraut { 12.10.09 at 2:00 pm }

Injera
Re Q B Jelly, I wonder if its any relation to KY jelly? Any hoo I still want to see Meghan win, but as said b4 something will come out of left field and the drooby bros will probably undeservedly win.
Injera
PS my apologies if i put the Q B Jelly (it was one of the all time classic quotes i thought) down to you, sorry bout that, but I still like blondes (mostly, but the current lot on survivor make two short planks look like an IBM)

10 Injera { 12.10.09 at 3:47 pm }

Actually, Sourkraut, the QBJ was mine (looks even dodgier written like that…!).

Are there any blondes left? I mean, real people, not androids.

11 sourkraut { 12.11.09 at 7:50 am }

Injera
By android i assume you mean silicon, not carbon based?
As to real blondes, I’m not sure, as one usually gets a slap in the face when asking about matching tops and tails, but enuff of this, A real blonde non android, I THINK was Claudia Schiffer, wow, would I like to set her jelly quivering. (after all you girls can fantasize over Phil K and JJAP even though to us men it remains a mystery why)