Talia Fowler Has Performance On The So You Think You Can Dance Finale

Talia Fowler the winner of So You Think You Can Dance Australia has now received part of her prize by performing on the Finale of the original version of the show in the US. See her performance above.

She will now have some new career opportunities to look forward to as 9.5 million viewers tuned into watch the season finale.

Talia who was battling jetlag performed a contemporary number an article in Daily Telegraph states. At this stage I have not found out who choreographed it.

1 Amanda (bugmum) { 08.12.09 at 2:30 pm }

I LOVE Talia but that was a little underwhelming for me…

2 Gabriel { 08.12.09 at 2:53 pm }

Cat says “Thank you Sonya”, so sounds like she choreographed it.

3 Reality Raver { 08.12.09 at 3:22 pm }

Gabriel – You are right it is Sonya Tayeh who choreographed.

Amanda- I think the big stage probably did not help. I would have liked a bit of a cheeky ballet routine. But she has said previously she wants to get into contemporary dance, so she was probably using the appearance a chance to showcase herself.

4 Laura { 08.12.09 at 8:58 pm }

I prefer Tahlia’s self-choreography, it is a lot more heartfelt, creative and strong. Also I would have loved to see her en point.
Anyhow I think she did a fantastic job :)

5 Anonymous { 08.13.09 at 9:54 am }

Sonya Tayeh choreographed it. Also, Talia only had a few hours to learn the routine, since Channel Ten didn’t bother to sponsor her green card until the last minute. She almost didn’t make it over there. She didn’t even have a full day to learn it.

6 Anonymous { 08.13.09 at 11:11 am }

And RR, she wants to get into contemporary ballet, not contemporary. There is a difference. They didn’t let her do her own routine, they made her do a choreographed one. I subscribe to the conspiracy theory that they didn’t want her to be en pointe because it would show up their very poor and insipid ballerina on the current season, who can’t even do mediocre slow pointe work properly. Talia said in many interviews before going over there that she wanted to do something in her pointe shoes. Maybe because Ten fucked her over with the green card issues, there may not have been enough time for Sonya to choreograph/experiment with Talia in her pointe shoes.

7 Reality Raver { 08.13.09 at 12:43 pm }

Anonymous if that is the case she did real well with the time allotted. Poor love how stressful biggest moment of your career and you have no control over it.

I would have thought the choreography would have been all sorted out before she got there.

8 Anonymous { 08.13.09 at 1:35 pm }

I know, how stressful would it be? I know the prize money is HUGE, but I think this prize is possibly even bigger, especially for an Australian dancer. Principal dancers with the Australian Ballet often don’t even get that exposure! I felt really proud to see her in the Kodak Theatre.

I’m pissed that Channel Ten almost ruined it for her. Gah, why does Aussie TV have to be so incompetent at times?!

9 Amanda (bugmum) { 08.13.09 at 1:38 pm }

What an incredible accomplishment to perform that well with such little prep…re: my original comment, it wasn’t Talia who underwhelmed, more the routine…she did a fantastic job with it, as always…

10 Reality Raver { 08.13.09 at 2:41 pm }

Hey anon do you think NIgel LYthgoe has the hots for Melissa the US SYTCYD ballerina? What about the ballet routine she got to do?

11 Mary { 08.13.09 at 3:08 pm }

What a wasted opportunity. Talia was so much better than that on our show. I’m so disappointed.

12 Anonymous { 08.13.09 at 4:09 pm }

RR – I’ll drop by and talk to you about it after the show has finished, I’ve been watching it on YT so I’ll spoil you if I talk about it now!

Mary – Yeah, I reeeeally wish they had just let her do one of her pointe solos. She did the Top 16 solo on tour, a longer version of it, and it was awesome. It would’ve been amazing to see that in the US.

13 brie { 08.15.09 at 1:53 pm }

that ballet dancer melissa has nothing on tahlia she is amazing shame channel ten stuffed up big time and as for melissa she always looked so smug to! really bothered me to look at her

14 SYTUCDfan { 08.18.09 at 10:11 am }

Wow .. what a disappointment ! That dance was so underwhelming ! Poor Talia :( .. she is sooo much better than what they gave her to dance … I hope she gets another chance to do what she WANTS to do. GOOD LUCK Talia .. we are all behind you :)