The Cast For Channel Seven’s Iron Chef Is Revealed

Good news it is official Channel Seven are going to actually make an Australian version of Iron Chef, and they have released the names of those chefs who will take on the title roles.

The Age reveals the trio will be Guy Grossi, from Melbourne, along with Rockpool’s Neil Perry and Bennelong’s Guillaume Brahimi.

So that means an Iron Chef French, and Iron Chef Italian for Brahimi and Grossi, but what will Neil Perry be? Iron chef Mod Oz or Iron Chef asian?  I am not sure how I feel about Neil Perry, but I suppose he does cover a variety of cuisine styles.

They will be battling it out against up and coming chefs. I cannot wait. Still no news on who will be the Chairman Kanga or when it will air.

Also looking forward to seeing who will be on the judging panel. I expect a lot of Seven stars from their soaps and dramas.

1 Injera { 08.19.10 at 2:22 pm }

Iron Chef Ponytail!

2 PinkPatentMaryJanes { 08.19.10 at 2:48 pm }

Great cast, except for the superfluous ponytail…

3 Cherkin { 08.19.10 at 2:55 pm }

Yay for more Guillaume! Boo for more Neil Perry – I just can’t warm to the guy.

4 sourkraut { 08.19.10 at 3:22 pm }

The usual crap. French Italian and Modern hah ha Australian. BORING BORING BORING! Why not at least Thai or Chinese or Indian or Lebanese, or is our so called culture not up to that yet?

5 Culinary Boner { 08.19.10 at 4:57 pm }

Grossi = Iron Chef Napoleon
Hopefully he’s made to wear one of those enormous chef’s hats, so he can double his height and thereby be seen behind the Kitchen Stadium benches. This would address my real worry about Iron Chef Aussie – that it won’t be a kitschy cartooney as the original.

6 Pollywaffle { 08.19.10 at 6:52 pm }

Guillaume – yes, an Eye-on Chef

7 Chunks { 08.19.10 at 7:52 pm }

Pathetic. It won’t even be entertaining without the crazy dubbed English dialogue. RR, you wanted to know about my truffle class with Poh at the Manduaring Truffle Festival. It was great fun and very tasty, but throughout the entire thing Poh addressed chef Hadleigh Troy from Perth’s best restaurant, Amuse, as “Troy” instead of “Hadleigh” and everyone including Hadleigh was too polite to correct her. I was cringing somewhat. Kate from the first series of Masterchef was also in attendence.

8 skye { 08.19.10 at 9:23 pm }

The only good thing i can see that has come from Hey Hey it’s Saturday returning to Channel 9, is that presumably it will prevent Daryl Somers from being cast as Chairman Kaga.

9 Reality Raver { 08.19.10 at 11:06 pm }

Chunks – I hope they do get the mix right. That is why I am a bit dubious about Neil I have always found him a bit bland on TV. However Guillame will rock it for sure.

10 Reality Raver { 08.19.10 at 11:10 pm }

Pollywaffle – you are the mistress of the pun.

God I so would love to be on the judging panel, I hope they are going to have those crazy people like those out of work actresses and former politicians tasting the food. Also who will be the commentators?

Skye – Oh god Daryl would think he was perfect for the role.

CB – yes lets hope they take the piss out of themselves.

Sourkraut – I have been waiting for you to comment on this. Theoretically Neil is Asian cusine

Cherkin – agree

Injera and Pinkpatentmaryjanes – I knew Neil Perry would be on it, as he was the safe choice for the asian cooking

11 Culinary Boner { 08.20.10 at 10:42 am }

Hey Skye, I can definitely see Dazza shuffling onto Kitchen Stadium in a Shogun Kimono with Dicky Knee – the show’s crossover man – trailing behind, dressed as a ninja.

12 Anonymous { 08.23.10 at 3:20 am }

UK Iron Chef was crap-think this one will be the same

13 Mark { 09.29.10 at 11:48 pm }

And where do young inspiring challenging chefs sign up I want in!

14 Reality Raver { 09.30.10 at 8:58 am }

mark – I think filming may have finished. But Shine Australia is producing it, so give them a call.