Masterchef Australia – The Blokey Invention Test

I know there has been disgruntlement on this blog for weeks, about the fact the judges only pick the top three or five dishes to try of the mystery box, because how can they know which are the top dishes. But tonight I would have loved it if they had been made to try them all just so they had to try Matthew’s kidney pate. The kid should have been eliminated on the spot for making such an amateur mistake.

The mystery box was a meat lovers one with beer, steak, kidney’s, lettuce, cabbage, parsley, horseradish, onions, potatoes, and a baby cos lettuce. They had 30 minutes to complete it.

Again as Injera has pointed out plenty of times in her blog posts, the editing basically tells us who was going to get picked. However I did think at one point Callum might get selected due to his sycophancy towards George by making chlorophyll that he was shown in Friday’s Masterclass. He was going to make green mash potatoes, something that he seemed to think would be appetising. But considering he was trying to boil a potato the size of a soccer ball in 30 minutes meant he had a disaster on his hands.

Claire was picked for her steak and smashed potato with pickled cabbage and Dijon mustard butter. Her self-effacing manner is a tad irritating, with the slouched shoulders, the depreciating comment of  “It belongs in a pub” and also a tad fake. At the beginning of the challenge she was nonchalant and confident, with her  saying this mystery box was similar to what she cooked each Friday.

George gave her a positive “You’re a good cook Claire, a really good cook”.

Peter’s steak and onion galette looked pretty good. Matt said “Steak is a little chewy,” but he like the horse radish dressing. I thought the cos lettuce pile was a bit irrelevant.

Also the George Calombaris Sopranoesque saunter towards the judging podium is irritating. He has that glowering facial expression and aggressive manner which  then turns into a smile and gives a positive appraisal. So unnecessary, if you picked the best three dishes why are you expecting them to be shite.

Matt Preston’s continual audition for a part on a Harry Potter film, with the eccentric mannerisms, and loud clothing is also painful. I am looking forward to Gary’s return he doesn’t have any obvious affectations. Well I suppose now he will have the limp.

Skye’s fillet steak with parsley potatoes. was raved over by George who thought it was “brilliant”. Hmm not so sure about the potatoes kind of reminded me of the ’80’s.

However, Matt Preston said the dish needed “a gravy or the horseradish cream”.

Claire won a challenge for the first time.

They were then told for the invention test they were going to work in pairs, and she was to pick them.

Interestingly enough she picked to work with Jonathan, and didn’t he look chuffed? Marion was probably wondering why Claire did not pick her.

The other pairs were Skye and Callum, Jo and Pete, Marion and Sharnee, Adam and Aaron, and Matthew and Alvin.

The winners prize was one of the pair would be guaranteed immunity later this week, and the worst two teams would be battling it out in an elimination challenge tomorrow night.

They were then told the invention test would be a vegetarian one. But the twist the judges were going to be meat loving vegetable hating men. And of course these men were stereotyped by being blue collar workers. They couldn’t find a lawyer, IT dude or teacher who fell into this category?

There were some minor issues whilst they were cooking, Callum had over dry pastry  and had to re do it, and Adam had spice issues.

Meanwhile the blokes were observing from the gallery. I trully hope they were talking about the dish when the guy said about Sharnee “She’d be alright if she put a kilo of mince in there”.

The judging table was set up like the Last Supper, with Matt Preston sitting in the place where Christ did. Naturally.

First dish to be presented was Alvin’s and Matthew’s. The dish was beetroot and goats cheese stack. My facial expression would be the same as the guys with the “cows grazing by the paddock” dish.

The goats cheese was over powering compared to the two thin slices of beetroot they sandwiched it with. Was there really 60 minutes worth of cooking in that?  Rick was particularly scathing, but I think he was about every dish.

Peter and Joanne Goat’s Cheese Moussaka was criticised for having too many vegetables in it.

However Skye and Matthew  goat cheese tart, with a  cheese bomb were told theirs would be better if there had been a salad served with it.

I thought Marion and Sharnee’s rice and goat cheese cake, with a tomato sauce was a clever dish, and it did get positive reviews from the guys, probably because it was a bit of stodge.

Adam and Aaron did a pumpkin curry with a goats cheese and spinach paratha which looked delicious, and the curry was well received.

Claire and Jonathan’s figs and goat cheese with a spicy balsamic dressing confused the panel as they did not know if it was an entree, main or dessert, but they did like the taste, except for Rick. He looked like he could not wait to get out of there, and was probably feeling ripped off there was no beer to wash it all down with.

This dish did get Jonathan and Claire into the top two, but Adam and Aaron’s curry won.

Peter and Joanne, and Callum and Skye will be battling to stay in the competition tomorrow night.

1 Injera { 06.06.10 at 11:21 pm }

I wondered where the cheese was in the winning dish – thought perhaps it only made an appearance in the garnish – but C told me that they’d used it in the paratha as well, so that satisfied me.

Oh, Matt NEEDS to be in the next Harry Potter! Good call! Although he might need to tone it down a bit.

Not sure how Skye didn’t win the challenge given the raves George gave her, but there you go. Both Matthew and Callum were embarrassments to the “amada cook” cause tonight with the potato and kidney errors. Unbelievable!

2 seepi { 06.06.10 at 11:28 pm }

I think claire really needs to lose the ‘shucks, who me – little old me??’ demeanor. It doesn’t wash after she has been near the top for so many challenges.

I wouldn’t done something with potatoes for the veg haters – big fat chips maybe? with some sort of goats cheese and onion salad. The curry did look like a real winner though – which A cooked the paratha – it looked very professional. Poor Aaron looked close to tears during judging. I don’t think he is having a very enjoyable time at masterchef.

3 sourkraut { 06.06.10 at 11:36 pm }

Raver
The comment re 1 kilo of mince in there ????? duz you no credit ….but I LMAO!!!!
twelve best…… bull! MKR had some that were better (and some worse)
Mystery meat meat box OH NO NOT A SLAB OF MEAT!!!! where have i heard that b4?
Sharnee… there may be nothing in the box you like, but there was EVERYTHING I would like, but then I’m not a sophisticated french/italian modern foodie.
Come back CHRIS B He would have killed this and still had time to drink half the beer during the cooking. So why did none of them use the beer?
Mathew … kidney pate … offal mistake oh dear. Which leads me to thinking the BOTTOM 3 from the mystery test should also be in the boning comp, otherwise we get any old steaming green splat with spuds boiling the size of elephants nuts and there are no consequences for ultra shit performance.
So how did Claire manage to pickle cabbage in less than 1 hour. That’s my signature dish which I had witH brilliant pork ribs Friday night at the “beer Bazaar” in St Leonards for my daughters birthday … fantastic food. So Claire and MC “dont bullshit to a bullshitter.
So they all crapped themselves when they realised the judging would be by real people and not trendy french food snobs. ( I eagerly await the description of bogans etc by the critics, and YES I have been guilty of it myself)
Callum wots so hard about making pastry, I think you’ve stuffed up on this b4? TIME TO GO Fella. (along with Mathew)
Alvin…. DONT lead with your chin…”cows grazing by the paddock” The gents were more of gents than I, who described it as “something the cows left in the paddock” Perhaps inspired by the ABMTS!
Good old tom sauce, covers a multitude of evils and the steak eaters would have loved it, and did.
Peter, if you knew, as you said in about the only flashback (Is MC listening to us at last) that your dish was not what they would like, y the F cook it? You’ve just dragged Joanne down the gurgler and I think that’s a bit ruff.
Matt Ha Ha Ho Ho complaining about Adam’s “small” dish.There was more food in there than on Skye’s crappy artistic meat arrangement, and besides both the Gs demo dishes aren’t exactly huge either (as I’ve crapped on about for two MC series now)
Adam wins (with a bit of help from Aaron who did not seem to contribute much) Hope Adam wins ammunuty
Alvin and Mathew, YOU WERE LUCKY. the only reason I dont whinge my tits off about iot is that I want to see Alvin progress further, but Mathew your days are numbered.

4 CG { 06.06.10 at 11:36 pm }

Claire’s choices of pairs was the most interesting bit of tonight’s show. The fact she grabbed Jono for herself and put Marion with Sharnee suggests she views Marion as her top competition. So much for shy little “aw shucks” Claire. I think Aaron was key to the winning dish, not Adam. And the choice of “meat eater” judges was stereotypical, sexist and insulting. On a POSTIIVE NOTE!! … this might hurt!… I am intrigued as to how immunity will be determined between the winning teams? Sounds like there is no celebrity challenge this week. How many best-amatcha-cooks are left? They are dropping 2 per week…does that mean there is only 6-7 weeks to go?

5 KC { 06.06.10 at 11:50 pm }

I know I am one of the biggest fans here of this years Masterchef and I haven’t had much criticism come out of me but I have to say, I do agree with a lot of the people here who say that there has been quite a bit of drama and less cooking. But for me, tonight’s episode has been one of the most exciting and cooking-full episodes so far and thus one of my favourite episodes (not because Aaron wins).

We actually got to see a lot of the cooking process for both tests and I think its because we’ve got much less people now and I don’t know if anyone else realised or if it was just me but there seemed to be this cutback on the judge’s speaking or drama. I was really tired but this episode really picked me right up (I was contemplating watching Top Gear for the ten minutes that cut into Masterchef but then I decided not to and I don’t regret it :D) It might just be me but I really liked this episode.

Most of it was due to the invention test. The mystery box challenge was rather boring but the vegetarian for meat-lovers invention test was really interesting. I loved how they invited these meat-lovers (even though it was incredibly stereotypical) and I loved their comments from upstairs and their general demeanor in the judging panel. I also love the idea of how these chefs had to create food for people who don’t like eating it. It was just an all-round awesome challenge for me.

The low-light I think was Clare mainly because I have to agree with RR about her self-depreciation. It did seem quite fake and she does it every week although she still is a really good cook. The other was Sharnee and Marion. Not the Marion part but the Sharnee part. HOW COME SHARNEE ALWAYS GETS TO HIDE UNDER THE RADAR??? She’s like the girl version of Daniel for me. I hope she gets out soon but she seems to have all the luck for this year’s Masterchef. I was disappointed she got chosen with Marion because I knew that she wouldn’t get out and maybe even have the chance to win but I’m glad Marion got through.

I was trying to figure out Clare’s psyche for picking out the couples. I’m glad she picked Jono because Jono is rising in my favourites but I was surprised she didn’t pick Peter or Callum since she seems to like them two. I was wondering why she put Callum with Skye when she likes them both and both seem to be among the best in the house and some of the other couples when she could have easily screwed over many of the contestants by putting clashing personalities together or two weak cooks together. I’m assuming she chose what she chose because she wanted her friends to stay in? If that was the case, she fell out of luck with Skye and Callum and Aaron and Adam (I’m assuming she’s not on the same page with Aaron and him and Adam don’t seem to be best buds or anything)

I am so glad Aaron and Adam won 😀 Their dish did look delicious and it totally met the brief in that it was a dish that meat-lovers could enjoy because it was like a vegetarian meat dish. However, I wouldn’t have minded Clare and Jono winning because they created a dish that meat-lovers could enjoy not because it tasted like meat but because it was a different but pleasing taste. I’m hoping Aaron wins the challenge but I think its a bit unfair that one of them definitely gets immunity. I like the idea of it being a bit more hard to get but that’s a minor criticism.

For the people in the elimination challenge, the previews seem to depict Peter being really eager to beat his competition which is pretty awesome but out of all of them, I’m hoping Joanne gets out only because I like the other three more.

6 saffronlie { 06.06.10 at 11:51 pm }

Was Claire strategising at all in the way she picked the pairs? Sometimes it seemed like she put a strong cook with a weak cook (eg. Marion and Sharnee) but Adam and Aaron were quite well-matched. I like both challenges tonight and hope Callum goes tomorrow as he’s been hopeless lately. The commentary from the meatheads was hilarious, and made a nice change from Matt and George. And RR — I LOLed at “Matt Preston sitting in the place where Christ did. Naturally.”

7 auds { 06.07.10 at 2:13 am }

I am wondering where they managed to dig up the Village People after all these years??

8 Paul { 06.07.10 at 7:36 am }

RR,
Genuine LOL moment there.

9 Wurstsemmel { 06.07.10 at 9:03 am }

Claire picked Jonathan because of his neely found hotness.

LMAO @ suds

10 TDK { 06.07.10 at 9:48 am }

I’ve ready up to here “Claire chose goat cheese as the key ingredient favouring it over tofu or eggplant.” – and I have to make a comment before I forget.
Anyone else yelling at them to pick tofu?
Here’s my reason – there is a Buddhist temple I used to go to which makes mad fake meat/fish dishes from tofu – and they taste great and meaty!!

I question the temple’s organiser’s purpose, as in why would you tempt follower’s tongues with meaty flavours when you’re trying to follow Buddhism’s methodology (and enlightenment), which is strictly vegetarian? Unless they too have a vegetarian challenge to feed to veggy haters like MC!!

11 Rosie { 06.07.10 at 10:00 am }

I expected someone to come up with a fancy fancy version of steak and kidney pud or pie for the first challenge.

>>I think claire really needs to lose the ’shucks, who me – little old me??’ demeanor. It doesn’t wash after she has been near the top for so many challenges.
-I totally agree, seepi. She had me yelling at my TV for that. So irritating.

I would have given the blokey chefs something cheesy and potatey I think. Or a version of macaroni cheese perhaps? I can’t remember how much time they had, but I’d have thought anything with pasta or potato would have gone a ways to make up for the absence of meat.

12 Buzz { 06.07.10 at 10:25 am }

Auds … bahahaha! Am visualising the guest judges breaking out into ‘in the navy’ while gyrating on the viewing blacony.

Wurstemmel … wha? I am sure you’re being facetious, there is no way that Jono is seen as ‘hot’ … is there? I can’t help but notice every derogatory glance, every superior facial expression, every effeminite wrist-flick … I would rather root Sharneeee’s kilo of mince :)

13 reality raver { 06.07.10 at 10:45 am }

Injera – yes it was in the paratha. A clever use of a strong tasting ingredient.

Seepi – I think the idea of the chips was good, but not too sure about a goats cheese and onion salad. As they said they don’t like vege’s and onions are pretty powerful when the are raw. I would have thought of doing some sort of lentil and goats cheese pie – would have tasted pretty foul probably.

Sourkraut – where is the beer bazaar in St Leonards? I am craving some German food at the moment and was thinking I may have to go to the Lowenbrau at The Rocks. Which I don’t have great memories of from when I went 15 years ago. I have to confess I thought the vege moussaka was a great idea, at that stage I did not know they were so anti – vegetables.

CG – I would love to know how long Claire gets to think about the pairings or if it is as spontaneous as it appears. By putting Sharnee with Marion did that protect her a bit or would it make Marion more vulnerable? Anyway Jono appears to be coming back in from the cold. I am starting to become a fan of his. Not sure if I am ready to jump on the hotness bad wagon yet…

KC – Great comments. Enjoyable episode agree less about the judges comments and more from real people. This judging style is similar to what occurs in Top Chef where it is more a discussion about the food.

Saffron lie – I think Callum is using up all his tricks he has learnt and is starting to look very vulnerable indeed.

Auds – LMAO

Wursts – I think Jonothan is one of those personalities you either like him or hate him. I suspect this is true in real life as well. But he is great TV and is one of the best cooks there.

TDK – I love tofu and thought that is what she would pick as it is bland picks up dishes flavours. But anglo guys are not big fans of it.

Rosie – mac and cheese would have been great. I don’t think they would have been able to get any flavour into a steak and kidney braise in 30 minutes.

14 reality raver { 06.07.10 at 10:46 am }

Buzz – LOL. Christ I bet Matt Preston wouldn’t have needed much encouragement to get up and gyrate to the music.

15 MelbaToast { 06.07.10 at 10:50 am }

It’s funny that Claire was genuinely surprised by the “blokes” confusion at her meal…it was a bit fancy for meat-loving-vege-hating-truck-driving bogans.

I think Claire paired a strong cook with a weaker cook – probably hoping that the weaker cook would turn out to be someone’s demise and make some of the strong cooks have to battle it out in the elimination round. Pity that both Adam and Aaron are good cooks, so that plan totally backfired.

Village People songs were being sung in our house too…tragic.

I LOVE goats cheese…wish I was one of the chosen bogan judges.

16 Culinary Boner { 06.07.10 at 11:01 am }

Courtesy of last night’s show, I drove to work this morning in anxious trepidation, alert to the need to steer well clear of any truckies.

What was the story with the crazed-eyed, weird beard, potentially amphetamine-chomping, vege-averse truckie dude??!! Which truck-stop toilet block did they pull him outta?

Surely, this motley collection of soap opera TV, blue-collar bloko-types was made up of actors… weren’t they?

Callum’s kidney milkshake should have been feed to them to help with the process of washing down them god awful veges.

17 Wurstsemmel { 06.07.10 at 11:21 am }

Tongue was firmly in cheek, RR.

18 Set up!!! { 06.07.10 at 11:31 am }

Ideal selection is to have your rival eliminated and keep all the weaker competitors in the comp

If you want your closest rival to be eliminated then you want them to be in a losing team later to be eliminated by their partner in the wooden spoon cook-off.

Strong-Strong = unlikely of losing
Strong-Weak = possible lose but the rival probably will defeat their weaker partner.

Best combo is putting them with a reasonable cook who they are unable to work with e.g. strong opposing opinions or styles. Hopefully the match will sabotage the result.

Your best partner is someone who is handy enough to ensure success but not so good to be a true rival. It might enough that they just can do what you tell them without having any imagination themselves.

19 TDK { 06.07.10 at 11:41 am }

Set up!!: “Best combo is putting them with a reasonable cook who they are unable to work with e.g. strong opposing opinions or styles. Hopefully the match will sabotage the result” – not sure how valid this theory is..
I wasn’t paying much attention, but did Claire get to choose who Marion is paired up with?

20 pollywaffle { 06.07.10 at 12:35 pm }

Bogans, then Blokes whats next Blondes?

Wearing your safety jacket is not a bad move when the best amata chefs are serving up dinner.

And didnt they work the blokey surrounds for effect, real men in flannel, the chunky table….. Matts P’s pink pants….??

Alvin, its wonderful you are naming the dishes -‘cows in paddocks’, brilliant. And, earlier Skye did ‘ RSL plate early dawn’ .

21 pollywaffle { 06.07.10 at 1:25 pm }

Tonight : the world’s biggest shucking competition (and Im not talking about Claire)

Gs Oyster farm’s outsourcing knows no bounds

22 pollywaffle { 06.07.10 at 1:32 pm }

‘Set up’ – Think its simpler than your theory –
MC contestants are using the well worn George Costanza approach to team picking – decide best course of action and then do the opposite

23 seepi { 06.07.10 at 2:14 pm }

I thought it was a clever move by Sharnee to mention that her dad is a tradie. It seemed to go down well with the fluoro shirt brigade.

but then i wondered if they actually got to vote, or if Matt and George just decided, based on the comments. I think Claire and Jono were very lucky to get through with their yuppy fig creation. sure – a couple of the truckies loved it, which was surprising and impressive, but several couldn’t stomach it at all. whereas Sharnee’s cheesy rice square in tomato sauce went down pretty well with everyone, except George, who claimed it was an arranciata(?) gone wrong – maybe it wasn’t George – maybe it was just meant to be a vegie rice cube.

so I suspect G and M decided the winners. and based it 50 50 on the comments, and on their own judgement about the cooking.

On the choices – I would never have picked goats cheese for a panel who like plain meaty food. I’m not sure if claire was trying to make it hard for the other teams, or just loevs goat’s cheese.

24 sourkraut { 06.07.10 at 2:22 pm }

Alvin
Second time. dont say dumb things like “what if rum is uanaxailable”? R U kidding, rum was the currency of this country for about ten years!
Sorry to see the snobbery and class distinctions developing on this blog!

25 sourkraut { 06.07.10 at 2:33 pm }

Raver
The Bazaar Beer is in 1 Albany st St Leonards, and dont worry, seepi’s little old German lady wont make you lick the plate clean mit tung! (but you may want to do that yourself) Actually i think it may be a Czech, but they had the bew dee fool German Weissen beer

26 NT Kate { 06.07.10 at 3:16 pm }

I actually watched this Sunday night for the first time this season and enjoyed it.

For once there was actual cooking shown.

And we saw something of almost all of the mystery box creations.

I still don’t see the point of this challenge when it doesn’t win you much in the comp – but getting to pick the pairs (and extra time in the pantry) should have been a real advantage, so for once maybe it did do something.

On the invention test, OK so the ‘judges’ were rather stereotyped – but not necessarily unreal for all that (and yes, I’ve seen that truck driver try to run me down on the Sturt Highway!). And it did make for a nice very entertaining test of whether or not they could follow a brief, and move out of the stultifying lattedrinking world of Georgesq bizarre creations inc to something closer to real world cookery. And it did show up some of those one suspects to be poseurs (yes Alvin, that’s you! Cows grazing indeed!).

The show is showing some class divisions – I suspect that is part of its marketing to the UK. But while we like to pretend class isn’t an issue in Oz, such divisions do exist, and so exposing them isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Like Seepi, I suspect the actual judging was done by G&M – can’t really imagine that fig thing would have won on a straight vote given the reactions of some of the men (Marian was robbed in the interest of not letting her eventual win look like too much of a foregone conclusion, its a marathon after all…?!).

Assuming the producers can maintain a greater food focus, and not get lost in the mystical beauty of inedible but beautiful looking plating, things are looking up. Provided, mind you, that they can just get Matt to tone things down a bit (that ridiculous I won’t keep you in suspense…cut to the break!).

By the way did Gary injure his foot on the same day as the Matt platedropping (not scripted just directed!) incident, because his absence certainly seemed to start immediately after that? I wonder if they had words (yep conspiracy theory for the week)?! His absence certainly makes it clear what he brings to the show (aside from edible dishes on masterclass night).

In any case if Sunday is anything to go by, may be the show can still recover its form…(I guess the timing is about right for them to have read and processed our comments given the lag in filming…)

Hope I’m not being overly optimistic!

27 rusty { 06.07.10 at 4:11 pm }

Only one bloke was a truckie.

sourkraut,

I think it was Peter, not Alvin, who made the rum comment.

28 pollywaffle { 06.07.10 at 4:15 pm }

Alvin, Peter…..so many designer specs, so few best amata cooks
BTW, my litmus test of whether to shop at particular butchers, especially organic, is the price of lamb shanks is directly proportional to the cost of their designer specs…

29 pollywaffle { 06.07.10 at 4:19 pm }

NT Kate – Gary wuz on radio in Melbourne this week, talking about all the exercise he’s now doing. Still think it was the caliper clause that threw him off the show

30 Airwalk { 06.07.10 at 5:55 pm }

No wonder Claire was shitting herself-she cooked a potato, steak and some cabbage: no chlorophyll or palate cleansing parsley/potato sandwich in sight, she is probably as confused as we are in relation to what the judges want…would like to see the meat eating judges(yes there was 2 truck drivers) being fed at the Press Club and the P & O westies being fed quail kiev and get their comments? Would be interesting- and no wonder Alvin thought beetroot slices with goats cheese would be a winner

31 Wurstsemmel { 06.07.10 at 6:01 pm }

Weissenbier, SK? My favourite. Lecker! I found a German bakery at Macquarie the other day, not bad pretzl.

Must go check it out.

32 Kaylen { 06.07.10 at 6:06 pm }

It was… more interesting than usual.

Did anyone else notice that through judging, George just kept on eating and ignoring everything else (after he made his opinion known)? I’m pretty sure I even saw him licking the plate at one point. 😛 Don’t they feed him any more? With Gary not there, poor Georgie has no one to look after him. 😉

Disappointed in Callum and Matthew.

As with some others, am starting to warm to Joanne. Callum is just annoying me lately; especially his facial expressions. I’d include cooking, but, well: haven’t seen much of that. 😉

I liked after the Mystery Box, Matt announcing the winner: “And we’re not going to drag this out any longer. And the winner is… *FIREBALL-AD*”. (Or something along the lines of that!)

One thing I did notice, and it’s kinda sad that it was so obvious and says much about the show: I didn’t see many gratuitous shots of sponsor products.

Sadly, I am thinking it’s time for Callum to leave.

33 KC { 06.07.10 at 6:12 pm }

@NT Kate – I’m so glad I’m not the only one that thought this Sunday’s episode was suddenly much better than the week’s before? I’ve watched almost every single weeks and this one had much less talking and drama and more cooking talk and cooking. I hope it stays that way 😀

34 PinkPatentMaryJanes { 06.07.10 at 6:32 pm }

After last night’s episode I’m pretty sure the producers have listened to the comments on forums as we saw shots of nearly every dish edited in. Finally! Guess they also needed to fill up some space between the raised eyebrows, glowers, swaggers…

35 Airwalk { 06.07.10 at 6:48 pm }

They started showing glancing shots of various peoples dishes over a week ago…think its still got a long to go though…suppose we will keep watching just like people slow down to see a car crash

36 Sooty { 06.07.10 at 6:58 pm }

TDK – Claire, as part of her prize for winning mystery box meat challenge, picked all the teams.

Shows she has a cunning swift brain in there! or else a large brain in a jar is operating her from a distant location.

I thought it interesting the way she paired strong or stronger players with weaker or less popular ones, thereby ensuring at least two strong players would get pulled into the elimination.

Marion – Sharnee eg of first team style
ditto Skye – Callum
Alvin – Mathew
Adam – Aaron (less popular in group)
Peter – Joanne (less popular in group)

The only truly strong, strong pairing was her and Jonathon.

37 sourkraut { 06.08.10 at 12:53 am }

Wurstsemmel
Weissenbeer with a slice of lemon, Divine on a hot summers day.
There used to be a lovely german bakery in West Pymble but I have not been there for a while. Either way the Bazaar Beer is REDOMMENDEd

38 sourkraut { 06.08.10 at 12:55 am }

Sooty
So how come they didn’t win?

39 Wurstsemmel { 06.08.10 at 10:07 am }

Yep, you’re right. SK. There was, I think it’s still there…must go check it out. Not tried the lemon slice, thanks for the hint.

40 sourkraut { 06.08.10 at 11:48 pm }

Wursts
Would have helped Aaron if he had managed a piece of lemon slice from there
If you go there and see someone old, grumpy, ugly, glassesed, and sour, and accompanied by a long -suffering looking woman, please don’t go up to him and ask cos there is a vague possibility it may not be me.