Survivor Heroes V Villains – Boston Rob V Russel Hantz – The Showdown

What is it with the guys in the villain’s team, they are bunch of dumb fucks. Last week Tyson, and this week, The Coach. Both times they voted in a totally random way which resulted in the wrong person going home. Ironically for Tyson he voted himself home, unfortunately this was not the out come for Coach.

I blame Coach for the fuckery that went on tonight. He who prides himself on loyalty, runs off to Russell to tell him that Boston Rob is gunning for him. Clearly he did not get the memo that you cannot be in two alliances at once and consider yourself loyal.He obviously has a very different definition of loyalty then I do.

Oh and can someone destroy his Art of War book, with the crap that was spewing out of his mouth at tribal council it was clear that this is his favourite bed time reading.

At one stage in the episode he showed some insight by  saying “With all the gullible people here Russell is empowered” . Not realising that he also was one of the gullible people.

Now can we talk about “I’m not a good villain,” Jerri. Of course not sweetheart you are too stupid. She believes that Russell is going to take her to the top three. Why would he do that? Of course you would take someone like Parvati who has won $1 million before someone like Jerri. Jerri has decided to make an alliance with Parvati – someone she despises. This will end in tears, probably Jerri’s.

“I don’t want Boston Rob to go home.” said Coach, but then ensured his noble vote for Courtney sealed Rob’s fate. And he thought he was going to get a hug from Rob? He got a scathing “Your a little man” and he is.

Other highlights of the episode were:

• Rupert looking like he was going to clock Russell after the reward challenge was over after they had had a particularly torrid tussle in the water;
  • Courtney first time ever looking athletic in the immunity challenge on her first run through the obstacle course, but that thought was shortlived when she stuffed up the second run through;
  • Russell saying it was a pitiful performance by the tribe in the immunity challenge, when I don’t think Russell has ever been a strong athletic performer in any challenges in the two seasons he has been on (I did laugh though); and
  • Boston Rob being gobsmacked when Russell told Sandra and Courtney to their faces that he wanted to vote for one of them out.

I suppose it was inevitable that Rob and Russell have a showdown, it is just a pity it happened so soon in the series, as they are both charismatic and clever players of the game.

Anyway  this what Jeff Probst had to say about the episode here on EW.

And here is what Boston Rob had to say in an elimination interview.

1 Laura { 04.07.10 at 12:01 am }

Say what you will about Russel, but he is very clever. You’d think that they would vote him out first after the last series, but he has managed to survive against the odds. I really hope that he wins this time, he deserves it.

2 Wurstsemmel { 04.07.10 at 12:01 am }

I am so pissed off that Rob is gone due to the pathetic actions of Coach. Dragonslayer indeed. I’m firmly on the side of the dragon in that case. Integrity? You keep on fooling yourself sunshine.

Russell is just very lucky he’s playing with people who make the most basic mistakes. I came to admire Russell but. In this game, I just want him gone.

3 Sourkraut { 04.07.10 at 12:04 am }

This week was the battle of trusts (read bullshits)
Started with perverti giving jerri her word! HOO_HAH
Then the villains sit out useless sandra duz whine for the 3rd time. wonder why!
then Colby smashes jerri and the heroes win and Co;lby stars. Can this be the start of something wonderful. I doubt it. The minute i “root” for someone they inevitably get the bone!
Anyhoo dumb-ass Rupert, who this time round i am liking less every episode (never thought I’d say that) whinges about the appearance of the moonity idol clue during the heroes pig-out, and Colby (bless him) says”We’ll find it as a tribe of 5″ ….yeah right.
So evil Rupert hatches a dastardly plot to get rid of the gold chain, sorry snot blob rob, by conning jerri and to a lesser extent flip-flop, sorry coach.
jerri TRUSTS coach
Coach may not trust Russell
On to the moo challenge and the heroes lead and lo and behold useless sandra blah blah and snot blob stuff up the puzzle when under pressure for the 1st time.
And then the larf of the night…had to go and change my undies , I laughed so hard… Rob talked of TRUST…. of all people with his past record!
Meanwhile back at the sewerage farm russel enveigles (big new word) a promise from coach and some trust from jerri.
So of course rob has to put on his sleazy charm to jerri and again talk of trust. Stop Rob stop….I’ve run out of thunderbags!
And so gentle viewer to the house of fire, and jjap forgot his lines … no “fire is life” routine. SIGH! but plenty of the old jjap sheissen-stirring and then to vote.
Well stagger me gently.. Snot blob gets boned Kaloo-kalay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So of course he takes it in his usual sportsmanlike manner and mouths to Russell “you’re a little man”….. You should talk… midget! and out goes the ill-gotten gold chain Oh dear… who will the girls root for now?
Sandra with luck you are next

4 Reality Raver { 04.07.10 at 12:21 am }

Sourkraut – I thought Boston Rob said to Coach your a little man. Trying to hit him where it hurts, his alleged integrity.

Wurst – Remember Samoa, we spent the first half of the series hating Russell, and the second half loving him.

Laura – No one had seen the series with Russell was in as this was shot straight after Samoa, and it had not been screened on TV

5 themolk { 04.07.10 at 11:30 am }

Three words best sum up that episode…

Evil. Russell. Rocks.

6 Ursa { 04.07.10 at 1:26 pm }

I thought it was unfair that no one had seen Russell play, and we saw his advantage last night when Jerri outright stated that she didn’t trust Rob based on his previous play, and yet trusted Russell. I’m sad that Rob went before Russell, but I’m sadder that Rob’s now off my tv screen, the show will be far less enjoyable without him. Unfortunately, I find Russell more irritating than entertaining, he’s too one note and not likeable, he made Samoa unfun to watch (mostly due to overexposure). I might actually like to hate him if I wasn’t so sick of him. I hope he goes soon, and if not I hope he loses to Parvati in the finals, that would be pretty funny.

7 alicat { 04.07.10 at 2:25 pm }

Agreed with themolk – Evil Russell Rocks!

I’m a bit devo’d that Boston Rob had to be the alpha male to take the fall though. Apart from Russell, he was my favourite one on the show to watch.

8 sourkraut { 04.07.10 at 3:24 pm }

Raver
either way it showed him (rob) up for what he is. He and Amber deserve each other!
Ursa
there were a whole lot of disadvantages for Russell as well, he did not know anyone, had no starting alliances etc etc. sounds like you’ve been reading the readers comments on jiffy jeffy’s BORING Commentary blog
Only problem now is that one of the commentators seems to think he has inside info on the winner (POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT MAYBE) and if it is the one he is suggesting I’m gonna have to buy a new tv set as mine will be smashed to smithereens by the HDJWA tv blower-upper!

9 Culinary Boner { 04.07.10 at 5:03 pm }

Coach’s brain obviously operates in tantric mode – lots of spasms and shudders, all delivered with New Age style – but still no money shot.

10 Pervatie { 04.07.10 at 5:45 pm }

Colby looked hot, hot, hoawt in this episode. All tanned and rippling muscles.
Does anyone else think that Russell looks like that dirty guy from Masterchef that wore the hat?

11 Wurstsemmel { 04.07.10 at 6:16 pm }

Good call Pervatie. Separated at birth maybe?

Yes, RR. I was momentarily swayed by Russell in the Samoa run but, really, his is a one-trick game and if people had seen the Samoa series before filming this, he’d have been booted off quicker than you could say ‘Little Man Coach’.

Coach and his principals? Didn’t have the balls to follow through. He and Jerry? Deserve each other.

There’s no one there now I’d really like to see win. Amanda, maybe, if really, really pushed.

12 Neil { 04.07.10 at 7:28 pm }

Really enjoyed the on-going tussle between Rob and Russell and it was a shame to see it end. I liked them both as villains. Rob was the tough competitor who gave everything in the physical and mental game that is Survivor. Russell is evil, but you have to admit that he is good at manipulating and getting the right result for him. The fact they were thinking of voting off Courtney and Parvati before Russell was testimony to his ability to manipulate the group.

However, I think Russell has not thought too far ahead on the chest board on this particular occasion. Who has he left? A number of physically weaker females (with some exceptions) and Coach (who might as well be a female for all the aggression he brings to challenges). They will be hard press winning any future challenges, especially if they are physical. So he will have to vote off one of his supporters until they merge. By then he may not have a strong power base.

Really enjoying this season.

13 Sourkraut { 04.07.10 at 10:14 pm }

wurstsemmel
are you going to wash your hands every time you see russell, and for consistency what about jesse james and JFK and tiger woods and bill clinton and brendan fevola and rene rivkin and silvio berlusconi etc etc etc etc etc etc, or is it just selective? Otherwise you will have the cleanest hands in christendom

14 Reality Raver { 04.07.10 at 10:55 pm }

Sourkraut – I am confused how are you equating Russell with those philanders? BTW Jesse James is probably the biggest douche out of those mentioned but that is off topic.

Look Russell has an excuse for being a tool because he is playing the game.

Neil and alicat and Ursa – I would have liked the Russell/Rob imbroglio to go on for a few more weeks.

Culinary Boner – Laughed my arse off, great analogy.

15 Wurstsemmel { 04.08.10 at 9:26 am }

Ah Sourkraut….I’m confused..no mentioning of a handwash here….but, from a past post, perhaps you misunderstand the handwashing…Chris B and Russell and the concept of dirty has nothing to do with womanising…it has to do with them just looking grubby. No worries…I won’t be developing any OCD tendencies as a result of watching these two on tv.

You’re certainly a staunch supporter of Russell and obviously dislike Rob intensely. Interesting, seeing Russell plays a slightly less smarter version of Rob’s earlier game. Ah well, as Manu would say (now there’s no longer any references to him), chacun a son gout.

16 TDK { 04.08.10 at 9:47 am }

Sad to see Rob go.
Coach – omg, for the 1 millionth time, he’s mental.

17 sourkraut { 04.08.10 at 3:11 pm }

Raver
My comment was aimed, I guess, at WS’ agreement with Parvaties comment above re comparing Russell and “That dirty guy from masterchef”
If by dirty we mean unclean, muddy etc then perhaps the comparison is apt (although I don’t recall CB turning up with dirty clothes/ hands/ fingernails etc etc, although his hair did look greasy, and I think even I commented on that wretched hat.
HOWEVER, if the meaning of dirty is in the context of the Edward G Robinson line “you dirty rat you killed my brother” (or similar words), implying unpleasantness, or if it is in the context of dirty as in lecherous, Then my list of others to wash ones hands of on sight as well for credibility is still valid. Anyway WS has explained things quite nicely, although i am inclined to agree to disagree, which is what keeps this interesting.
Yes I am NOW a fan of Russell altough I was not so rapt in the previous series. (but i would rather see Colby or Amanda or JT win)
ALSO I am NOT Chris nor do I even know him. I just get pissed off when his private life (for better or worse) seemed to be ONE of the reasons 10 made sure he got the bone (pigs head?) rather than base it on his chefing ability, which I still think was better than the rest.

18 Reality Raver { 04.08.10 at 3:32 pm }

Not sure who I want to win – possibly Colby, definitely not Courtney she is useless. Hey maybe coach as he is the one entertaining me the most at the moment. But he is far to stupid to win.

19 Anonymous { 04.08.10 at 9:38 pm }

Raver
have you ever considered the misquoted phrase “stupid (CUNNING??????) like the fox”?

20 sourkraut { 04.09.10 at 2:37 pm }

anonymous
you may have something there.
He got rid of two of his biggest rivals without either of them being able to do a thing about it from the jury’s position.
play dumb… BE SMART