Tom Williams Blames Australian Idol For Being Bashed. WTF?

Tom Williams

Look I firstly want to say I am real sorry that former Australian Idol contestant Tom Williams was the subject of a violent attack, however blaming Australian Idol producer’s for it is a bit spurious.

Tom from Adelaide who was a contestant in the year that Wes Carr won told the Herald Sun he blamed the Australian Idol producers for the attack which left him badly injured.

The article states:

Tom Williams was beaten so badly he fractured his eye socket and he says the incident took place because producers didn’t provide contestants with adequate support after the show.

“After Idol they completely drop you,” Williams told The Sunday Telegraph. “I was there with all this exposure and it was difficult without any support.”

After being booted off Idol in 2008, the year Wes Carr was crowned winner, Williams returned to Adelaide to live with his parents. He finished Year 11 but dropped out because he claims he was bullied by fellow students and teachers.

Two weeks ago, Williams claims six men attacked him in Adelaide’s Melrose Park.

He is reluctant to discuss details as charges have been laid and the matter is likely to be heard in court.

“They were calling me a faggot and all that kind of stuff before they started kicking me,” said Williams, in Sydney to promote his debut single, LOL

Personally I don’t know how the producers could have stopped the attack unless he wanted a personal bodyguard at all times since he finished the show.

I suppose people have to way up the positive benefits of getting TV exposure on reality shows, ie it can fast track their career versus the negatives of people recognising them when they are out in public.

1 Dakota { 04.12.10 at 3:23 pm }

Poor Kid. He didn’t deserve that… he claims the producers edited him in a negative way… I don’t know if anyone remembers this but James Matheson was once asked if there were any Idols he didn’t like and he directly referenced Tom from that Season after he left the show. Apparently Tom had an attitude directly linked to his popularity. Poor kid though, nobody deserves that. Here’s hoping that his single does well so we have at least someone from Aus Idol doing well atm apart from Guy & Shannon LOL.

2 Annon { 04.12.10 at 3:54 pm }

Um. Do you think this outrageous claim has anything to do with him releasing a single this week? Or am I just an old cynic

3 kelly { 04.12.10 at 6:01 pm }

oohhh i remember him, he had a wayyyy big attitude for a little 16yo!!!.. Not that he deserves to beaten up for it!.. but these days you gotta be careful who you mouth off too!

4 bella vita { 04.12.10 at 6:17 pm }

I know quite a few ex idol contestants and after the 6 month contract is over, they truly don’t want to know you. and why would they? Unless your making the idol franchise money, there is no need for them to keep in contact with around 70 of the Top 12.

Tom is unfortunatly an immature smart arse who shouldnt have been on the show in the first place. Good looks and no maturity, together with your 15 mins of fame does certain things to these people. Big ego’s and still trying to play the Idol card.

They should have learnt their lesson from previous contestants. Who can handle that pressure at 16? Not many of them.
If Tom was being bullied at school, it would certainly be post idol probably due to his ego. No mention of it during his promo clips while he was on the show.
Harsh reality to be popular and then dumped until the next 16yo comes along

5 Reality Raver { 04.12.10 at 11:31 pm }

Dakota – I cannot remember the James Matheson comment, I expect the Idol experience would be overwhelming for any 16 year old, unless you are that Jesse chick who just circumnavigated around the world.

Annon – I am sure there is a correlation between the single and the dump on Idol. Funny that.

Kelly – I remember being surprised that he got through to top 12, and then hung around for awhile.

Ah Bella Vita you always have the inside info.

6 Anonymous { 04.13.10 at 6:36 pm }

Um… That hair. Is it real? Jesus.

7 Dolph Ziggler { 04.14.10 at 11:12 am }

Grow some balls, ya punk

8 emily pickett { 04.28.10 at 7:02 pm }

why;d you have to change because of some idiots..
you were unique.
and really inspired me.
xx

9 Brenda { 05.18.10 at 10:01 pm }

Leave Tom the fuck alone.

No one deserves to get bashed. Whether he was or wasn’t a smart ass is no reason to get bashed. How would you like to get bashed? What about Corey Worthington, remember when he got bashed?

Leave Tom the fuck alone!

10 Dorwick { 06.16.10 at 1:02 am }

Tom wasn’t left alone after idol. Do you think his latest single came out his ass? NO! He has a team of writers, producers etc workin the machine hard for him. I know, I’m in that team. He’s a brat tho, I’ll give ya that LOL

11 Emma { 02.27.11 at 5:35 pm }

What an idiot…blaming Australian Idol producers for being bashed? What, you think they told people to bash you?
Just an example of an egotistical kid with overprotective parents. And his songs are crap with no originality and I doubt he writes them at all.